1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Find/replace objects according to their X/Y coordinates

Dealing with multiple InDesign books comprising thousands of pages, I would need to find all objects located at (or, preferably, within) certain X/Y coordinates, so as to automatically reposition them. You've made halfway to this in CC2018, implementing the size properties in the find/replace dialog box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Optional expansion of layout area

Sometimes it would be handy if, instead of a warning message, ID would ask, if you would like to expand the layout area to prevent objects from being out of bound.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Custom Tagging/Grouping Filter for Fonts

I'm posting this in InDesign, but the implementation may be easier as a Cloud feature so that it would be viable through all the Adobe programs that heavily use font (Photoshop/Illustrator/InCopy/etc.)

I'd love the ability to add custom tags to my fonts that are personalized to my individual account, and the subsequent ability to filter fonts by my tags.

Example: I might tag several fonts that I purchased a license for only a specific client under their name (PrivateCo). I might also tag several different fonts I received from a client to do a marketing campaign for under their name…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option: make subsection headers not persist beyond their ends.

For text variables for running headers/footers, the default behavior is as described in the help: "If there is no occurrence of the style on the page, the previous occurrence of the applied style is used." Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but if you are using headers or footers for both sections and subsections, and some sections have subsections and some don't, then you get a header with the name of a subsection many pages back, even though it's not on the page. Having an option to turn off this persistence would make this feature work…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search function to digital version made by publish online

Search function to digital version made by publish online

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an option to show Master Page data in the links palette

Add options for showing Master Page info to the long list of item in the Links Palette options. Should definitely include "Master Page Prefix" and "Master Page Name", might as well include "Based On" and "Number of pages" while you're at it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. publish online navigation buttons disappear in browsers and don't come back

When I view a published document, the browser based navigation buttons and menu for downloading disappear after a couple seconds and don't come back without hitting F5. This is unworkable. Please change it so the nav arrows remain on the screen, even in full screen mode. I can't have my clients struggling to go to the next page. This happens in Chrome and Firefox. In Edge, they disappear, but will reappear if I move my mouse to the edge of the screen - also very frustrating because I just want to click through the document without struggling to find the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Download licensed graphics from CC library to my hard disk

It's not possible to download/store/save licensed graphics to my hard disk! I have to open my web browser and sign into stock.adobe to do this. Please make it easy!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud services (Typekit, CC Libraries etc)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option for fly-out menus to open to the right.

Would it be possible to have an option for the fly-out menus to open to the right to keep the live page area fully visible? It's hard working on spreads in book interiors because any window open covers part of the text. If I have room to shift the spread over, InDesign automatically re-centers the spread when I turn to the next page. (Sample window was chosen in PNG because it's generic.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Replace GUI

It could be usefull if developers could completely replace the existing GUI, and replace it with a custom build GUI. The Indesign engine could then also be used for other purposes than graphic design work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: XML w/Images Export (filename)

Just discovered during XML w/images export that ID is converting images w/spaces in filenames to underscores (causing mismatches, XML itself is correct) — is this a bug? Using ID 13.0.1

Btw - I know this is a feature request post, but I can't find an easy way to submit bugs!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back newly activated fonts

Since updating to Indesign CC 2018, we can no longer use newly activated fonts. I have to restart Indesign after each time I activate a font. Please fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Vertical Alignment (top, middle, bottom) should be in Paragraph Formatting Controls (not hidden in CMD+B)

Vertical Alignment (top, middle, bottom) should be in Paragraph Formatting Controls (not hidden in CMD+B). This looks like a UI/UX grouping oversight. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need a tutorial on forcing a paragraph style to actually work

I've been sporadically hunting for a year on how to force a paragraph style to actually work in a text box. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Yes, I've tried the option bit. All I want is for the right margins to be the same, and to have a bottom margin that will keep the last line X amount of line-height from the bottom of the text box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to globally reverse paragraph direction in a multipage document from left to right or right to left..

In a multipage document, a reverse layout option reverses only page layout and not each paragraph of the documents. It would be great if we have a globally reverse paragraph direction in a multipage document from left to right or right to left. This would help in translating left-right paragraph based language into right-left paragraph based languages. Also, it would save a lot of time on the InDesign user to flip each paragraph manually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Print Preview rather than a P... or is that a d?

I'm amazed at how complicated it is to be able to print something as simple as front cover and back cover as a spread.

in fact, i have yet to figure that out at all.

Is there a reason why i can't print select pages from a catalog, and see where they will land on a page?

I feel like I'm working in Quark back in 2001. Have we made no progress in in the print dialog box since then?

I'd like to be able to SEE the pages (from selected range) their orientation on select paper stock, and how…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Toggles in Dashboard for published content

Introduce zwo Switches/toggles for "Hide the Share and Embed code" and "Allow PDF-Download" within the dashboard for an already published document so it doesn’t have to be republished every time one wants to change any of these options?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base