2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4929 results found

1. option to start paragraph rule at end of text

Give an option to start a paragraph rule at end of text, possibly with a specified amount of white space between the end of text and the beginning of the rule.

Attached are an example of what I'm wanting, and two shots of the paragraph rule settings I'm currently using to try and accomplish.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Jump to page 1 = just go to first page already

If my document is numbered pages 43 to 59, for example, and I press Command -J and enter "1" for "Go to page:" PLEASE just take me to the first page in the document! Is that too much to ask? ;-)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Track changes for anchored stories automatically

When you turn on Track Changes for a story, you have to remember to also click inside any/all anchored stories and turn on Track Changes individually for them as well. I think it's a given that when you're tracking changes to a story, you want to track changes to all "child" stories as well. This should happen by default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Redirect links when file name changes.

Like a website that uses redirection for old pages, it would be nice to have a way to redirect InDesign links to new links. For example, when a file name changes due to a version number, date, or whatever.

the way I imagine it working is leaving a txt file behind with the old asset's name that has the new assets name within it. (maybe there is a better way to do this)

that way, when assets change names, InDesign checks the txt file and looks in the new directory or for the new link before marking it as a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Delete/reorder previews in Recent Panel

An easy way to clean up recent files that you no longer want to open or that have already been deleted.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Threading Text

Add an option for threading text that once you've started the process you can just click ANYWHERE in the box to keep threading. It's very difficult to find that tiny red box in the corner when you want to thread 30+ boxes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto speads into pages

Sometime we have to design in spreads then output for print in pages. This means with a spread you have to add bleed to the right of a left hand page and add bleed to the left of right pages when manually breaking the pages apart.

It would save time if Indesign 1- split all speads into pages and 2 -
    extended any image/ coloured boxes to the left/ right by the amount specified in the bleed preferences.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Prevent fonts from becoming bitmap when copied into InDesign or Illustrator

Why does a font in InDesign become bitmapped when copied into Illustrator; or the other way around - Illustrator into InDesign?

In Illustrator, why is there no keyboard command for FIND AND REPLACE as there are in other Adobe applications.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. One desktop for all pages instead of desktops for each seperate page/spread

When copying asset(s) to the desktop you always have to search on wich pages you copied that asset(s). When all pages are on the same desktop, the copied assets are more easy to find, because they are always on one desktop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Checkbox to exclude styles from output in »edit all export tags« panel

I'd love to exclude styles to be output into HTML, EPUB, etc. with a simple checkbox in the »edit all export tags« panel. Up to now, I have to delete styles that I don't want in the export every time before the export. The checkbox would save a lot of time with recurring work as journals etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the layers right hand side squares bigger!

Hi, might just be me, but the little squares to denote in which layer an object is in is too small, or not very co-operative.
    If I need to move something from one layer to another, I find it really difficult to hit the target right to move the item, the square is too small.

I am not blind, its just the one element of the UI that I constantly don't get a positive result from first time, normally takes 3 attempts!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mixed orientation printing within the same document

Please consider implementing mixed orientation (auto orientation) with printing so it saves people time from having to export to PDF first then print as it is only possible through Acrobat at the moment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please Integrate with photoshop.

Im having a nightmare trying to open Indesign files in to photoshop, keeping layers. One can think that it would be more natural, because thay are both design programs made by the same company. In practice it seems to be impossible. Please I need to be able to do it somehow. Any clues?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Vignette effect for frames

Hi guys,

This would be a killing feature. There's NO WAY to automatically assign a vignette effect to a photo frame. I order to do that I have to:

1) Emulate the effect . by assigning inner shadow to a frame. This is kind of ok but it has probblems: it's not a propper vignette (vignettes actually affect corners, kind of a radial gradient) and there is no way to apply a size that is relative to the frame (I know, this is not even possible anywhere).

2) On a picture, I can select the content of the frame (the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to turn off auto centre when selecting layers

When selecting objects in my layers panel, my screen jumps to that object. This is not what I want. No way. Never.

Sometimes i go through my layers and select them to see what they are especially if they aren't named. But i don't want to navigate to them automatically! If i have zoomed in and am looking at a particular object, there is no way i want some automatic feature to take me away to a different part of the document - just so i have to zoom out and go back to where i was focusing on.
    Big…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Layers panel addressing one page at a time (even with spreads) for 508 compliancy

My agency has to do a lot of remediation to our files to meet accessibility requirements. Currently we use the layers panel to arrange objects on the page so that the reading order makes sense when the PDFs are read using assistive software. With files set up in spreads, all items on the spread are considered in the reading order despite the final PDF being output as single pages. It would be nice if the layers panel could be configured to address one page at a time (vs. two pages, as it is now). For simple projects, the spread approach…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Opentype + Glyphs UI Menu Preview

The UI for Opentype is extremely difficult and time consuming to use. The entire thing needs to be set up like Illustrator, with one addition: PREVIEW TYPOGRAPHIC FEATURES (especially the stylistic sets).

This UI feature should behave just like the Fonts Menu: When you open the font family menu with text highlighted, each font you hover over previews on your selected text.

This needs to be replicated for Opentype and Glyphs. So once you open the dropdown for stylist sets or glyphs, each style you hover over, will preview in real time on your selected text or in a pop…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mark layers as visible in the exported PDF but non-printing from within InDesign export settings

PDFs have the ability to mark layers as non-printing, so that they appear visible on the screen but don't print to hard copy. I'm using this capability to add a light raster background to all pages of a workbook for students, which adds a bit of warm color to the on-screen viewing experience, but I don't want this background to use up all their toner if they decide to print the pages. Similarly, the entire workbook has page numbers, but the worksheets should print without the page numbers, because they're not relevant outside the context of the book.

I found…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Paragraph Rules Improvements

I would be great if the Paragraph Rules menu received a couple of improvements:

1) Add a chain link for when you want both the Color and Gap Color to be the same. Likewise for the Tint and Gap Tint percentage.

2) This one is a bit difficult to explain, but one of the biggest annoyances with using Paragraph Rules to apply a RULE ON to text is that the rule expands/contracts in an undesired way if you change the size of a text box or if you add/delete something from the text. What should happen is that the rule…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add brackets and arcs as underline options

To signal a contraction of a word, or a relation between two words, it would be helpful to have brackets and arcs (like slurs in a musical sheet) as underline options. This would simplify the edition of dictionaries and musical text.
    See the examples attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base