When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In the Arrange option, may we please go back and forth from a multiple to one and back again without having to close one of the windows?

Last year I could switch views in "Arrange" from 2 docs to one, back and forth. Now, I have to close one to get full screen with the second and reopen if I want to see them both side by side. Can you please switch back to the old method? This is a time-waster and frustrating, as it used to be in place. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. size of Effects dialogue box

Would love it if the "Effects" dialogue box could be reduced in size so it doesn't take up so much of my workspace; I commonly have to zoom out the object I'm working on in addition to dragging the dialogue box as far off the screen as possible just to preview the changes I'm attempting to make.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Avoid Widows and Orphans in Paragraph Styles

It would be great to have a check box or even a separate tab for Widows and Orphans in Paragraph Styles. Right now you have to use GREP to get this to work or control them manually. It would be a huge time saver to add this option into the style settings. These are well-known and widely used typography rules that should be a part of InDesign.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save to Server vs cloud option

We save all of our files on a shared work server and keep track of versions and final files all on a shared server not through the cloud which also allows all non-adobe ID users to review files as well. We would like to be able to use the share function as we already use it in Acrobat but would love to select where the review file is stored.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make layered PDFs Illustrator compatible

Currently, layers made from PDF exported in InDesign are not preserved when the PDF is opened in Illustrator. Would be real helpful if they were.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. scalable page dimension markers

Currently I am designing large wall pieces that require me to produce the pages at 50% or even 10% of scale and I need to put dimension info for export, for final approval. Currently there is no way to tell indesign that the scale is not 100%, so I have to make the markers by hand. Can you make an export feature that allows the user to define scale?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create Citations and Bibliography automatically

When is @InDesign going to release the feature to create bibliography, citations, and references as in @Microsoft365 (#Word)? We use this software to write scientific papers/books but it looses when it comes to cite and give references to the paper used in our work. Help us! We have to do it the hard way, what wastes a lot of time and we can get lost easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 'Text-color' as a swatch option in Paragraph Shading and Paragraph Borders

Would allow you to apply a swatch change (manually or via a character style) to the text and have it propagate to the border/shade.

As an example - it would be good if you've got a black boxed number, that takes the border from the paragraph border and you want to overlay it on a dark image, and so switch the text colour to white.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. separate document preferneces from application preferences

Document related preferences should be accessible from "document setup" window, not from preferences panel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. “Split Footnotes” under Numbering & Section Options

Hello,

I want to ask for a little function tweak of “Split Footnotes”.

By now, you can only adjust “Split Footnotes” for the whole document.

This is difficult for documents with many pages! Sometime there are some footnotes in a chapter that you want to break over to the next page because they are to long. But the rest of the footnotes should be only on one page.

It would be nice to setup “Split Footnotes” as an “override” of the global function in the Numbering & Section Options in the Pages panel. So you can decide by the chapter…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When deleting a layer, I offer to make it possible to replace the removed layer with another one of your choice

When deleting a layer, I offer to make it possible to replace the removed layer with another one of your choice.
    As, for example, this is done when removing a color from the color palette.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to flick between pages on imported Indesign files

Self explanatory - The ability to flick between pages on imported Indesign files without having to go to relink then navigate to the file, then to the page you want. A simple forward/back page button next to the link would speed up my workflow immensely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. DATA MERGE - bigger window with current record please

Hello,
    I often use data merge option and i struggle with too small window with current record that cover last digit in >999 numbers. To see the whole number I have to hold the mouse cursor over it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change Bar

Change bar, as a very basic future and just as applied easily in Adobe Framemaker, I belive most users will welcome this if it is added at no cost.
    Could you please consider adding this for next versions and provide it it for the current users. Thank you for your support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Chrome OS support please!

Would be awesome not to have our team on Chromebooks totally locked out from doing simple text editing on InDesign files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adobe could help improve the remote production work flow for small publishing operations

Greetings.

I LOVE the Adobe Cloud suite. The only thing that's missing from the apps, which surprises me, is some sort of collaborative, drag-and-drop flatplanner capability, to tie in ads with magazine/publication production. I know subscription platforms exist, the likes of AdSalesGenius, but such a platform is way beyond our budget. We are a small-time operation with a small team.

Can't you develop an app or script that enables us to easily view the pages of our publications that are in production so we can see the updated content? Seems to me that would be an easy and natural integration…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A new Switch tool

Instead of ctrl+c, and ctrl+v, it could be invented a new function that switches existing text from a sentence to another. I would find it particularly useful in tables.
    Ex:
    I would like green apples
    I would like yellow lemons

Select green, ctrl+whatever, select yellow

Now I have

I would like yellow apples
    I would like green lemons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fixed Spaces Automatically set as Nonbreaking

It would be helpful if fixed spaces were not automatically treated as non-breaking. I often use fixed spaces to finesse typographic issues—like a lowercase "f" crashing into an uppercase letter that follows it (e.g., "if I"), which seems to happen a lot, even in reputable fonts. I don't however, necessarily want InDesign to prevent a line break after the fixed space.

Ideally, we would be able to have breaking and nonbreaking versions of all of the fixed spaces, but perhaps it wouldn't be very useful for hair or thin spaces. Ems, ens, thirds, fourths, and sixths, however....

Thanks for considering…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fixing what was not broken?

Swatches Window:
    There is space at the bottom of the swatches menu to have buttons for the swatch types rather than grouping them into drop down menu. It takes more clicks and mousing around than it did in CS versions...

Same goes for Rotating spreads. I need to do this often - It used to be in the root of the pages menu, now it's nested under page attributes. Less efficient...
    A drop menu at the bottom of the pages window might make sense for this feature?

New CC Libraries menu... it looks nicer I guess but now I have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow horizontal cursor position value to be copied

The Paragraph Formatting Controls show the Horizontal Cursor Position. It contains a numerical value, but it cannot be selected for copying.

I frequently use an "Indent to Here" character after an open quotation mark. But if I need to break a quotation into multiple paragraphs and quickly align the paragraphs to the position of the "Indent to Here" character, I need to manually enter the horizontal cursor position value into the Left Indent value.

It would be helpful to be able to copy the value of the horizontal cursor position, so I could paste it into the Left Indent value.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base