2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4927 results found

1. Utilize paragraph shading for text messages with improved functionality

The new paragraph shading feature would be fantastic to use for laying out text message conversations in books/long from documents, but needs a few tweaks to make is fully functional. Text messages in books is becoming very common and having them run in the text while paging is crucial.

It used to be that you had to create shapes and anchor each in for a text message. Now you can use Paragraph Shading defined in the style for left side texts with no adjustments, but because right side text messages need to have the "bubble" shape aligned right, but the…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Utilize paragraph shading for text messages with improved functionality

The new paragraph shading feature would be fantastic to use for laying out text message conversations in books, but needs a few tweaks to make is fully functional. Text messages in books is becoming very common.

It used to be that you had to create shapes and anchor each in for a text message. Now you can use Paragraph Shading defined in the style for left side texts with no adjustments, but because right side text messages need to have the "bubble" shape aligned right, but the interior text left aligned. My solution is (see sample file):
    Create three base…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Video - Object Style

Today I cannot add an object style to a video. I'm using object style to easy redefine layout. If I create a content holder I can define its size and location with object style. Once I add a video into the content holder, the object styles in the object style pane are disabled/grey.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Firefox Keeps Crashing Windows 10

Firefox keep crashing on windows 7,windows 10 or firefox keep crashing , firefox keeps crashing 2019? if your error is possible then directly contact Mozilla firefox technical support phone number for your issues as soon as possible .

https://www.ecueshelp.com/blog/fix-firefox-keep-crashing-problem-on-windows/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support Excel's Strict Open XML Spreadsheet format

InDesign should be able to Place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet (which appears to be a subset of the normal .xlsx workbook format). Currently, attempting to place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet results in a "Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation" error.

A sample Strict Open XML Spreadsheet file is attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. package indesign containing other indesign documents linked

I've a INDD doc containing several INDD docs linked. When I do package, if I select the make IDML option, only the main doc is saved as this, not the linked docs. I need to manual convert each doc (or open all docs and batch convert).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PDF Tag Preview

PDFs have to be tagged properly for ADA compliance. It would be nice to be able to preview (in InDesign) what the tag structure will look like when exported to PDF. This would prevent having to return to the source file if there is inappropriate nesting of tags, incorrect tags, etc. This would be especially helpful with complicated (multi-level) lists.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the Learn Panel so that it can be enabled, even for experienced users (not just those who claim to be beginners).

Make the Learn Panel so that it can be enabled, even for experienced users (not just those who claim to be beginners). Currently, there is no way to view the Learn Panel if a user claimed "experienced" status at setup, even if this was done by accident. Users should be able to view the Learn Panel, regardless of level of experience. Evidently most of the students at our K-12 school, thought they were experienced, and now cannot access the Learn Panel for necessary tutorials. Please make the Learn Panel available for everyone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Select multiple, discontinuous paragraphs

When applying paragraph styles throughout a document, it is only possible to select multiple continuous paragraphs in one go. If I want to style all first level headings, for example, I have to click on each, apply the paragraph style and repeat and repeat and repeat... Often finding the appropriate style requires scrolling in the paragraph styles window. It would be very useful, and much quicker, to be able to select all headings and apply Head A (or whatever) in one click. This might be achieved by clicking in the paragraphs with a keyboard combination pressed or, as was done…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Last Sentence Nested Style Option

Add an option that will allow you to set up nested text at the end of a paragraph in addition to the beginning of paragraphs. Our magazine bolds the last sentences in one of columns and this would be a big time saver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Manage the opacity of fill color in Table options

It could be great to be able to manage the opacity of the fill color of the table in addition of the tint. So that we can apply a table on top of an image but in keeping the text in full opacity like in the exemple below.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to scroll/move on page while style options window is open

In earlier versions of InDesign this was possible. Now I can only zoom in and out. While editing my styles I want to be able to still zoom AND scroll/move on the pages in order to see the changes where the take effect.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reset to base for one single parameter of a paragraph/character/etc. style

I wish there was an easy way to just reset one specific parameter of a style to base ([ignore]).

For example:
    I have paragraph style p2 which is based on p1. I previously overwrote the Font Style of p2 but now I decided to change it back to inherit the Font Style of its base style (p1). It would be nice to have some way to do that only for the Font Style. Not for the Font Family or Size or any other parameter. Maybe by option–, cmd- or right-clicking on the parameter's name...?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable column rules to ignore text wrap and anchored objects.

As it is now, column rules adhere to text wrap and will no longer "extend" if near an image with text wrap applied. Furthermore, placing an anchored object, an inline image for example, causes the rule to exhibit the same behavior in that it stops once it reaches the anchored object. Would like an option for column rules to simply ignore text wrap/anchored object so that the rules continue to extend.

This would help me (and others) to keep a consistent appearance as needed. In the attached example, there's a 3 column product listing where you can see how awkward…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Easier to find Span columns

I teach InDesign to beginners so we use the Properties panel a lot. I would like an easy way to find span columns directly in the Properties panel. Now you have to go to the Control panel and if it fits the screen you will find it at the right, otherwise in the Paragraph panelmenu. Such a great feature should be easier to access

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Anchored text box and table content visible in InCopy story editor

Anchored objects only appear as icons in the InCopy story editor tab. This is no problem for photos and graphics, however:

My editors can't see tracked changes if they can't view the anchored text or tables in the Story Editor. They can make edits in Layout view, but can't tell if another editor made any edits.

Unlike InDesign where I can see track changes in the Story editor just by clicking in the anchored text or table, InCopy has no alternative — editors have only the Story tab and it doesn't appear there.

This is a crucial feature for us.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow closing of "Adobe InDesign 2020" palette

Please allow closing of the "Adobe InDesign 2020" palette completely. I was able to extract it off the top of the top toolbar, but there's literally no way to close it and nothing in it that I would ever use on a regular basis. And I already know I'm in InDesign 2020—I don't need to lose 20 or 30 pixels all the way across the top of my screen telling me that, and I certainly don't need it lying fallow covering up part of my screen once I move it out of the top palette area.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why haven't we got Hide Edges/Hide Bounding Box like Illustrator?

very useful for alignment, just better on the eye, without boxes and lines all over the show. Why is my Control panel shortcut/menu command intermitant?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign

Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign with all fields available as Acrobat Pro and be able to live test the form and make changes within InDesign rather than having to export the PDF each time to test the form.

I make forms for clients and it gets very annoying when I set up hundreds of fields in InDesign and finalise a form and a client sees a typo so I have to go back in InDesign and make the fix and then re-export the file and add other fields again to it.

Would also like a feature with…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The dreaded Data Merge "There is at least one data placeholder that cannot be found" error

when using Data Merge, so many of us have gotten the "There is at least one data placeholder that cannot be found in the data source. Make sure all the placeholders correspond to the fields in the data source." error and have spent way too much time trying to find the issue.

Can Adobe add a way to highlight what InDesign is objecting to when this message happens?

This morning, I gave up and inserted the text manually. There were only 4 elements on each of my 5 Master pages and I could not find the offending object.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base