2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4922 results found

1. indesign crashes when using Mathmagic pro Pulgin

indesign crashes when using Mathmagic pro Pulgin when using keyboard but works better when using mouse for selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make index 'New Page Reference' box resizable

When creating an index, in order to provide any sort of categorisation, you have to use the 'New Page Reference' box, where you can add multiple categories, See [also], etc.

Currently this box is a fixed size, which makes reusing existing entries (for consistency) very painful, as it involves a lot of scrolling and opening of previous categories (as the categories are collapsed by default every time it's used.

My suggestion would be to make this box both resizable and that it remembers which categories have been expanded previously - for bonus points, it would be great if is remembered…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to bring whole excel like worksheet in indesign

As a graphic design working on a annual report, we require financial figures to correctly align numbers and to dashes to be represented like in excel. Kindly built a feature to bring excel like tables into indesign.

Also, please improve strokes and fills setting in indesign tables. As the tables styles dont work properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. show last time saved in closing pop-up

I forget sometimes when the last time I saved a document I have open, and when I go to close it, it asks, Save/Don't Save/Cancel. I wish it said a time stamp of the last time it was saved so I don't have to save it if I already saved it 5 mins ago and didn't really make any worthy changes. Yes I could just look at the file info in the finder, just seems like a simple thing to add to save some time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include Blue Guides When Moving Text/Objects

This feature is seen in Illustrator when you move text or objects around. It either creates a shadow or outline of what you are moving. It really helps me when I am manually aligning objects, especially text. Bounding boxes around text is usually never helpful when used with the alignment tool. This is due to aligning with x-height, and not with descenders/ascenders, which is what the bounding box is around.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug on Windows PC: Hot keys / shortcuts inactive til document is saved

Every time I open InDesign for the first time, it won't let me use hot keys / shortcuts until I've saved the document at least once. This issue isn't present on Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Ligature Manager Palette

In order to enable the user of ID to enable or disable one or more discretionary or standard ligature(s) in a document, because unicode and opentype technologies provided font designers with the excellent tools to make very complex fonts. Also in Character palette, the ligatures enabling or disabling has no shorcut command, (I still use CS3), so would you add customization palette to all Adobe Products?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Single Line Composer the default selection, please

Every time I receive a layout from my designers, I have to highlight and change every single block of text on it from Adobe Paragraph Composer (the work of the devil) to the controllable sanity of Single Line Composer. Who in their right mind wants the computer to be reflowing text that they have already edited?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multiple Document Measurements when Creating

@InDesign Can I please get an option to add more columns because I would like to see in picas, pixels, and inches - all at once https://t.co/4KPzedBqS4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. InDesign on wrong monitor

I loaded LR, PS, and AI, then moved them from primary monitor (in upright format) to a secondary monitor (which is in landscape format), maximise them, close them. Next time I open them, they always remember to load to the same place as before, namely the second monitor.

But InDesign keeps loading in the primary monitor, I have to keep shifting it over to the secondary monitor every time I start InDesign.

Seeking the forum for answers, I noticed someone already asked that question, why do it keeps opening in primary window, and it was posted around 2015 or thereabouts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notes in Pages Panel

When working on a large document like a book (particularly if you are designing the book while you are producing it), you are constantly revising parts of the page, then going back to refine it as the design evolves. It would be great if you could mark up the Pages Panel with notes (like PDF markups) in the pasteboard like space around the spread icons. This would allow you to leave yourself or others on a team critical information about what is a placeholder and what should be reconsidered.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve compatibility with input methods that use Apple's standard approach (InputMethodKit)

There are four problems we have identified in InDesign that negatively affect its compatibility with input methods that follow Apple's standard approach using InputMethodKit. These compatibility problems are described in detail here: https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/782.

This is of particular concern to SIL because we have developed [Keyman](keyman.com), a very popular and widely used input method that supports custom keyboards in hundreds of languages, including many major languages whose complex scripts are best served by the powerful options in Keyman as well as minority languages whose only viable option for text input might be Keyman.

We have prepared a small sample app…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Publish Online

Option for making navigation button NOT ANIMATED, maybe even larger. I recently had a huge project rejected because client did not know how to navigate and assumed others would have the same problem. (URL to project was embedded in button in email campaign--works great!)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. note feature

I am not sure what category this would fall into. It would be great to add a feature (that would appear as an align or paragraph tab) that would allow me to jot down notes or copy & paste without bringing on any outside formatting so that I can easily copy and paste into the fields and the onto multiple pages or files I am working on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change text orientation in paragraph style (not only table cells)

It would be nice to change text orientation by paragraph style (not as in text direction or left-to-right vs. right-to-left languages), but as in orientation. For instance, I worked on a book that needed the answers to be under each question, but they needed to be upside-down. The way I worked out to do it was cut and paste each answer into a table cell and turn it upside down using the cell styles, but it'd be nice to set this in the paragraph style options so that one doesn't have to cut and paste into either cells or separate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Numerazione automatica

Bisognerebbe implementare la numerazione automatica delle pagine, potendo scegliere se applicare numeri pagine pari o dispari.
    Questa esigenza viene dal fatto che, quando si hanno due file di numero uguale di pagine ed un file è il fronte e l'altro è il retro. Per comodità di lavorazione i file di bianca e volta vengono realizzati separatamente e poi montati su file di stampa. La numerazione pari o dispari potrebbe venire scelta al momento della creazione del file oppure nella sezione di inserimento testo. Allego ipotetiche immagini.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add support for Yiddish

The problem i find is that InDesign CS2018 (and basically all versions of InDesign CC) does not dependably handle Yiddish text. Sometimes it will break words at arbitrary points when it comes to the end of the line. See attached screenshot. I've highlighted certain words in green. You can see that when some of them reach the end of the line, they are getting broken in the middle of the word. Hyphenation is turned off, this should not be happening.

I've attached an InDesign package with this page and its font, if you'd like to play with it and see…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

I posted this in the wrong place (XD). Sorry if I seem to be putting this on blast.
    I've been hoping for this for a long time, and I hope others agree.

A feature that would increase my workflow in a major way is this:

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change position of Trashcan icon in Index palette

You can create a new index entry at the cursor position by dragging an existing page reference to the Create New Index Entry icon at the bottom of the Index palette. However, that icon is adjacent to the Trash icon, and both are small. It is too easy to drag the existing page reference onto the Trash icon instead, thus deleting (without a warning!) the existing entry instead of creating a new one. Moving the Trash icon to between the Update Preview or Generate Index icons would reduce this risk. Or add some space and/or a vertical line before the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Spiral text in a path

Text on the spiral path tool.

3 votes