Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. InDesign performance issue: Hangs when exporting to PDF

1. Latest Indesign CC, Windows 10
    2. ID would sometimes not finish the export to PDF task and hangs for minutes. It must then be killed in the task manager. During this it constantly consumes a big lot of RAM and CPU power. See attachment.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make bulleted lists act correctly when it's moved by text wrap

The bullets on the image attached have a left indent of 3 mm and a first line left indent -3 mm, but have incorrect layout, because the adjacent text box has text wrap applied, which displaces the text with bullets.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. unable to change font, size, style in Script UI, alignment problem with Image on button

Unable to perform basic features such as changing of text Font, Styles, Sizes in CC's scriptUI.
    Alslo image in button way OFF alignment.

This result in uglier customized UIs than it's older versions.
    As the world population is getting older, the ability to have bigger font size and style is really needed.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to change fonts

I am unable to change fonts.

Changing weights seems to work, but changing fonts does not work.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We are looking into the issue.
    Can you reply in comments the exact issue which you are facing?
    From the comments and thread details, it seems the issue is changing the font from font menu on clicking the enter (return) key.
    You confirmation will help us understand the bug and the use case

Thanks

5. Redraw problems when having multiple Textboxes in a Textflow (Often used in DatabasedPublishing)

macOS: 10.13.6
    InDesign: 14.0.2.

When placing a Text-Frame that Adjusts in height inside of a "Master-Textframe" (Often used in DatabasedPublishing to paginate Products that should not split between columns etc.) InDesign fails to redraw the placements of other Objects correctly - AND IT EXPORTS TO PDF!

This is horrible and has already lead to some huge problems in big Projects where we needed to work this way but InDesign made it a pain.

See attached Video for clarification.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Weight remains on text when exported to pdf even if changed to zero.

I am using InDesign CC 2019 14.01 x64.

Once a stroke weight has been added, if you then change the stroke weight back to zero, then when you export to pdf the pdf will have a stroke weight added to the text, even though the indesign document looks correct. It may not have the original amount of weight that was added, but it will definitely have what looks to be around a .2 weight added.

However, if you were to start a new document, then add stroke weight, then click edit - undo stroke weight, then it would export to…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. InDesign performance issue: Slow on documents present on server

it's not an idea, but a problem. Indesign creates problems on the network and is very slow with server documents, as never before. The media told me to work locally, but I ask Adobe to solve the problem. Windows 10 64 bit - Intel processor 32 GB of ram.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. png transparent background showing black

Importing this icon and the transparent background is showing as black in current inDesign CC. Didn't have issues with similar icons from same site.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Effects/Transparency  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple listings of same font in Find Font menu

There are multiple listings of the same font in the Find Font menu in CC2019. All information is the same, all applied characters are the same, but there is odd behavior.

--FileA_CC2019_WithDocumentsfontsfolder.png shows double listing of Trade Gothic LT Pro Roman.

--FileA_CC2019_WithoutDocumentfontsfolder.png (when I take away access to Document fonts folder, no other changes), one instance switches to "Regular" instead of "Roman"

--FileA_CC2017_WithDocumentfontsfolder.png shows what happens with I open this file in CC2017 (no double listing)

--FileA_CC2017_WithoutDocumentfontsfolder.png (Document fonts folder hidden) shows what happens with I open this file in CC2017 (no double listing)

I process large volumes of files;…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. UI Scaling not working

I am using a Thinkpad T570 with a 4k display running the Win10 and the latest version of InDesign.

The UI scaling does not work correctly, the UI is way too small (see screenshot). I checked all the settings, it still won't scale properly. All other CC apps (besides Illustrator) scale just fine.

Here is a screenshot of IDs UI compared to PS:

Please fix this issue, so that ID scales the same way as PS and the other apps do!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "View PDF after exporting" previously opened acrobat, now my computer switches between opening Illustrator, Mircosoft Word, rarely Acrobat

I've set my computer to use Acrobat as default, yet perhaps you could add an Application of choice to use when view exported PDF.

Not sure if it's just a bug, but any fix would be welcome. Thank you!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Endnotes in epub2 don't work when using split document by paragraph style

After exporting to a reflowable epub 2.0.1, endnotes don't work when you have selected to split the epub using paragraph styles based on export label.

Thanks in advance
    Gert

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Identical shapes on different layers end up different sizes when scaled together using the selection tool

1) This bug occurred on InDesign cc2017 and CS6. 2) Follow these steps to replicate the bug: create a shape, let's say a circle, and then copy this circle and paste it in a separate layer directly over the top of the first. To better see the effects of the bug, make the fill of the top circle red, and the bottom blue. At this point, the bottom blue circle is completely hidden by the red circle above it. Now put a 4pt stroke with an outside alignment on the bottom blue circle. The blue circle is still hidden, and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Grep expressions with ~F in a character class fail in endnotes

The inclusion of ~F in a character class invalidates grep expressions in endnotes.

InDesign version: 14.0.2.324 (with the GREP fix installed)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the attached document. It contains a single page with text and an endnote.
    2. In the GREP tab of the Find/What window, enter the following GREP expression:

\d[^.,;~F]+

And target the document. The expression matches from a digit up to the next period, comma, semicolon, or footnote marker.

Expected result: The expression should match some text in the main text and in the endnote.
    Actual Result: The expression does not match anything in the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Footnote marker is replaced with an unknown character if preceded by a character with a specific Unicode pattern

Footnote marker is replaced with an unknown character if preceded by a character with a specific Unicode pattern. Unicode pattern is U+##1a. Here are some of those characters:

U+011a
    U+021a
    U+031a
    U+041a
    U+051a
    U+061a
    U+071a
    U+081a

You could try the attached test file for placement in to an InDesign document. Unicode of the character following the footnote marker is : U+011a

This happen when file format of the file is either RTF or DOC. Its not a issue with DOCX.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. InDesign Performance issue: Lag in reflowing of text in a document with large number of footnotes

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015)
    macOS Sierra
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
    16gb Ram
    Indesign 14.0.1

Reflowing Bug when Resizing Text Box with Footnotes. As you can see in the video, the following page turns blank when I resize a text box to fit more content. Also, every I do this, the lag is noticeable. I tried with InDesign CC2018 and its more responsive.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Import PDF Comments not working correctly for Tables.

PDF comment import not working accurately on tables

1. ID 14 Mac
    2. Import PDF comments to layout including simple 2-column tables in which an entire row is marked as deleted/struck through
    3. Expected that the entire row would be deleted upon acceptance of edit via PDF Comments palette
    4. In fact Accepting edit only deletes the contents of the first cell of the row, leaving the orphaned data behind.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Right Arrow / Left Arrow in tables

InDesign version 14.0.

The keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Right Arrow" to move one word to the right does not work when the text cursor is in a table. Same for "Ctrl+Left Arrow", to move one word to the left.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. InDesign Publish Online Not Clickable on Windows in Chrome or Firefox

Working in: Adobe InDesign CC 2018

We recently published a guide online using Adobe Publish online. The clickable elements (buttons, interactive elements) are not clickable on touchscreen PCs in Chrome or Firefox, but the touchscreen works (not as clean, but works). This issue is not present when the PC users are in safari or internet explorer. All content was created and published on a Mac, and no macs have had an issue.

The content is private, but I can send the guide to anyone from Adobe on a person-person basis.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When setting the frame grid with the shortcut key, it becomes an unintended font display

InDesign Ver.13.0.1 x64(CC 2018) Japanese Edition
    Windows

1. make new document
    2. make new frame grid
    3. select frame grid
    4. press key "Ctrl+B", and open dialog

A font that starts with "B" installed in the system is displayed in the font setting of the dialog.
    Should be displayed is the default "Kozuka Mincho Pr6 N".

CC 2017 and older versions are no problem.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base