Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't create shortcut for styles on mac

In the Adobe docs it says "If your keyboard does not have a Num Lock key, you cannot add keyboard shortcuts to styles." I can't believe that Adobe is perfectly content with just excluding large portions of its Mac user base, those of us who are exclusively using a Mac laptop for work (which does not have a keyboard with a numeric pad or the Num Lock Key), from being able to create and therefore take advantage of time-saving shortcuts for character styles. I mean, come on. Why is it again that I am paying $50/month for Adobe CC?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Defining a Drop Cap

If you define a Drop Cap in a paragraph style WITH a character style and also define a nested style, if there is a single letter word starting the paragraph, the nested style does not recognize it and will apply the nested style to an additional word beyond the deliminator. For example, a nested style through 3 words will apply to the first 4 if the paragraph starts with "I[space]" or "A[space]". It does not do this if [none] is chosen from the character style dropdown in Drop Caps, but only if one is chosen (even when nothing is defined…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Object Style Options: XY Offset < 1440

MacOS High Sierra
    InDesignCC 2018 13.1

When setting up Object Style Options > Size and position options > Position > Adjust X OR Y,
    it’s impossible to manually enter any value bigger than 1440 px (pt), regardless of page size.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to add Paragraph Styles to Creative Cloud Library, InDesign 2018

Not sure how you can reproduce this as I haven't found anybody else with this problem, but hopefully you can figure out how to help me. I cannot add paragraph styles to the Library, and I have tried every way:"+" button on the panel with text selected, cloud button on the styles panel, dragging from the panel... nothing works. Everything else--including character styles--can be added normally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Anasuiya Gupta responded

The issue is due to the Kerning being set as None, if one sets it as Optical or Metrics, it solves the issue. The issue is currently under review.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base