Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
7733 results found
-
Certain placed PDFs look fine but become strange when part of InDesign export to PDF
InDesign version 18.3. The issue is explained thoroughly in this forum thread, with lots of example exports: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/pdf-export-messes-up-placed-pdf-and-is-affected-by-mark-bleed-settings/m-p/13957529
Summary: If you place either of the attached PDFs (which were made in Word for Mac), and then try to make a PDF from InDesign, the black rectangle that is in the background of the content will change size unexpectedly. It will always look fine in InDesign but mess up when exported. And the degree to which it changes will vary depending on various factors like marks and bleed, which should have nothing to do with the placed PDF.
2 votes -
Crop tool namings for german version are irritating
A view months ago I was posting this issue to the community board already. :-) Thanks to Mr. Tyson for directing me to this page here:
Dear InDesign team,
please take a look on https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/placing-graphics.html
The assistance describes the differences between the three boxes named "crop", "trim" and "bleed".Well, in English there is no mistake if I'm going to import a PDF into my InDesign document, e.g. I'd like to display the final cutted format, than I choose for "Trim" or if I need to prepare a page for professional print shops than choosing "Bleed".
But in the german…
3 votes -
Publish emag and adverts missing
When I publish online an emag designs in Indesign 18.4 when I load up the online version there are adverts missing
See page 16 https://indd.adobe.com/view/aa532908-7797-4da5-aaae-15879bff0ed71 vote -
Gray boxes behind photos in Share for Review
I have been using the new Share for Review for the last little while and am enjoying receiving feedback directly on my documents for import into InDesign. However, I recently went to a published file and noticed that all of the images in my design now have a light gray square behind them. Additionally, the colours and blending on some of the images are all off or look odd. The gray boxes appear on all of my previously uploaded documents, and I've checked from multiple computers and they all appear to show these boxes.
Please refer to this thread for…
4 votesThis issue got fixed recently.
--
Adobe InDesign team
-
ID window stutters when minimizing on MacBook Air M2 running StageManager
I know you're working on making ID run natively on the M2 chip. One glitch...when minimizing the app on my new MacBook Air M2 /Ventura, the ID window stutters as it shrinks to the desktop -- instead of smoothly moving as other apps. This happens with all my Adobe apps, but it's most noticeable with InDesign. It's a minor glitch but visually annoying.
2 votes -
Importing PDF Comments: inclusion of Sticky Notes slows InDesign down to a crawl.
When importing PDF Comments, it is mostly a breeze until the editor/author applies a 'Sticky Note'.
Moving through a document where 'Sticky Notes' have been added, the page, and surrounding pages, slows InDesign to a crawl and can take a few minutes to apply one change.
While my workaround is to run through all the 'Sticky Notes' in the PDF file first and apply those changes independently before deleting them, I can then import the PDF Comments in the usual way to speed up the remaining part of the process without being hindered.
5 votes -
unleserliche Dateinamen
Hallo,
seit kurzer Zeit werden einige Dateinamen auf der InDesign Startseite unleserlich dargestellt, als ob mehrere Namen übereinander stünden. Es tritt sporadisch auf. Ich kann den Fehler nicht konsistent reproduzieren.
ID: 18.4
Mac OS 13.4.1
iMac Retina 5K, 27 Zoll, 2019Freundliche Grüße,
Ralf Könner1 vote -
Display performance preferences impacting images exported with epub
When exporting to epub (reflowable or fixed), any images are converted and rendered as grey boxes (see screenshot) IF the master Display Performance is set to "fast" (i.e. InDesign>Preferences>Display performance). Changing the local display performance setting (View>Display performance) or object-level display performance doesn't not affect it. MacOS 11.6.7, M1 chip. InDesign 18.4
1 vote -
find replace story & selection options often not appearing
find replace story & selection options not appearing anymore. IND 2022
it will often just show document, documents as options. no rhyme or reason that I can see
monterey 12.6.7 intel iMac 5k 2020. system recently updated July 2023, could this bug be a resulting conflict?
1 vote -
After Update to Indesign 18.4.: Bad Performance with anchored TextFrames and vertical jusitification
I have a document with a text frame which is vertically justified and contains some anchored objects. Editing text in this text frame works but it is very slow in 18.4
In version 18.3 it runs quicker.2 votes -
colors desaturating and layer effect discrepancy
InDesign version 18.4
Make indesign file with layer effects (multiply, overlay, etc.) in CMYK. Click Share > Send for Review. Result in the browser is desaturated and layer effect is not working as displayed in working file.
The file that is previewed in Share for Review site is both desaturated and displaying the layer effects differently than my working file. I even exported my working file and it exported as expected. My document is in CMYK as it is a print piece. I have not had trouble with the preview before. It has always displayed accurately in past print pieces.
1 vote -
PDF export wrong PDF version
We are using InDesign server 18 to export InDesign files to PDF. The last months (since november, when we updated from 17 to 18) we are noticing that we have problems with disappearing transparancy.
After a lot of research we found out that although the joboptions have the settings to export version 1.3, the server exports to version to a PDF 1.4. The PDF standard that is used is PDF X-1a:2003. This seems why transparancy is disappearing. I cannot reproduce this manually with the local version of InDesign I think because there is no possibility to use PDF-x1a:2003 and version…
2 votes -
Automatic paragraph numbering resulting in different numbers in InDesign and InCopy
I have a document with one assignment containing multiple linked textboxes. On one page I have two individual textboxes above each other. Both boxes start with a headline styled with the same paragraph style that has numbering turned on with the mode Continue from Previous …, both paragraphs are in the default list and both textboxes are linked to the same assignment.
In InDesign everything is displayed as you would expect, the first textbox starts with I and the second with II. In InCopy, it is reversed even though the content is up-to-date, not checked in, etc.
InDesign 18.3 and…
1 vote -
[Scripting] Document.findObject() incorrectly targets activeDocument
System: Indesign 18.4, MacOS 13.4.1
To reproduce:
1. Open two documents, each with a filled frame 100% tint.
2. Run attached script "findObject bug.js"
3. Note the console output.
4. Refer to this forum post for notes and commentary.Expected result:
doc.findObject() will return found items from both open documents.Actual result:
doc.findObject() returns only items from active document.Note that using app.findObject() is not a viable workaround in some cases, such as the issue in this post.
5 votes -
InDesign now opens full screen every time. Using 2023 on a Mac. Happenes every time I open InDesign. I would expect that the file would op
How about you tell us how to stop that?
1 vote -
Missing glyphs in a Right-to-Left Paragraph direction
InDesign Middle Eastern Version 18.4.0.56
Steps to reproduce the issues:
a. In Preferences>Composition>Highlight, turn on Highlight for missing glyphs.
b. Type in a text box open and closing parenthesis.
c. Toggle between Right-to-Left and Left-to-Right Paragraph direction.Expected result: Missing glyphs should not be affected by paragraph direction.
Actual result: When the direction becomes Right-to-Left the parenthesis are highlights as missing glyphs.
Additional Information:
If you type one Hebrew letter before and after the parenthesis, the parenthesis will be highlighted with missing glyphs also on Left to Right Paragraph direction.I tried with various fonts, all behave the same. Today…
4 votes -
InDesign hangs for minutes when I/O for Document fonts is slow
Using version 18.2.1 and opening a document that has an associated "Document fonts" folder alongside, the app performs a lot of I/O on the main thread. If the fonts are on slower storage, the app will open the document, but the window is completely frozen, since all those I/O calls are performed on the main thread.
Note the attached traces: some calls are even performed twice for the same file. Can the CT calls be moved off the main thread?
2 votes -
Destroying paths when open an older Indd file
Destroying paths when open an older file indd CC2019 with indd CC2023
1 vote -
Nach jedem update gehen Verknüpfungen verloren
Es ist ein Graus! Seit ewigen Zeiten gehen nach jedem Update (aktuell 18.4) in jedem Dokument jegliche Verknüpfungen verloren. Gerade bei umfangreichen Dokumenten, die Verknüpfungen aus vielen verschiedenen Ordnern enthalten, ist das schier untragbar! Dieser Arbeitsaufwand ist nicht nur zeitintensive, sondern auch nervenaufreibend, und müsste in meinen Augen auch programmiertechnisch behoben werden.
1 vote -
version 18.4
In version 18.4 the character window does not show the content, it is empty.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?