Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When applying underline feature to TateChuYoko, the underline doesn't show

When applying underline feature to TateChuYoko characters, the underline doesn't show. It means, the underline feature is set correctly, but it does not appear against TateChuYoko characters. We’ve struggled to this bug for a long time. As workaround, we have to create Anchor objects for TateChuYoko characters, or to put stroke lines instead of underline. These workarounds waste a lot of time. Please fix this ASAP.ASAP.

[Japanese]
    縦中横に下線機能を適用しても、下線が表示されないバグ

縦中横の文字に、下線機能を適用しても、下線が表示されないバグがあります。私たちは長い期間、このバグに悩まされています。仕方なく別テキストフレームで対応したり、別の罫線で対応するなど、時間のかかる無駄な作業をしなくてはなりません。このバグには、私たち多くのユーザーがとても困っていますので、早く修正をしてください。

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thank you for your patience all this while.
    This issue is now fixed in the latest update (Id 14.0.1) of InDesign CC.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.

Once the update button is shown against InDesign CC, click on the button to update your InDesign to Id 14.0.1 for the fix of the issue.
    Do let us know in the comments, if you face any problem with the new update.

List of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,
    InDesign Team

3. Khmer script justification is broken

With the CC version, having World-Ready Composer enabled, Khmer script justification is still broken. I tried to use the text with and without ZWSP, and it's all the same. There was a thread talking about it https://forums.adobe.com/message/5030301 but seems no any new update.

The justification is also broken in Photoshop CC.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Typekit (or Adobe Fonts) or Fonts menu collapses while browsing through the list of fonts.

I am absolutely loving the new InDesign features. But, whilst testing the new Typekit/Adobe Fonts browsing window in InDesign I came across this bug / crash. Instead of allowing me to freely roam the vast selection of fantastic fonts, the window just decides to close and defaults to one of the already synced fonts.

InDesign version: 14.0, included a screencap.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Edit: We reached to the users who have commented the issue still persists to identify the gap. It was discovered that their issue is different from what is being discussed on this thread. The issue pertaining to this thread is fixed. Hence, we are closing the thread.

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update 14.0.2 of InDesign 2019.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

5. Inline vector graphics pixelate while typing in high quality display performance mode

InDesign 14.0.2 on Windows 10

1) Set display performance to high quality
    2) Paste an EPS or PDF into a text frame as an inline graphic. It should render crisply as you'd expect in high quality mode..
    3) Start typing in the text frame that contains the inline graphic. The inline graphic pixelates.
    4) Click out of the text frame or stop typing for ~10 seconds. The graphic returns to its unpixelated, high-quality state.

Context: we are upgrading 100 users from InDesign 2014 to InDesign 2019. This worked perfectly well without any pixelation or lag in InDesign 2014, but is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Grep expressions with ~F in a character class fail in endnotes

The inclusion of ~F in a character class invalidates grep expressions in endnotes.

InDesign version: 14.0.2.324 (with the GREP fix installed)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the attached document. It contains a single page with text and an endnote.
    2. In the GREP tab of the Find/What window, enter the following GREP expression:

\d[^.,;~F]+

And target the document. The expression matches from a digit up to the next period, comma, semicolon, or footnote marker.

Expected result: The expression should match some text in the main text and in the endnote.
    Actual Result: The expression does not match anything in the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mongolian

Issue: InDesign does not support Mongolian vertical text direction from left-to-right.

Version: InDesign 2019, 14.0.2 x64

Steps:
    1. Place or paste Mongolian text into an InDesign text frame by using the attached Word document
    2. Skew the text frame 90 degrees (as done with vertical Chinese and Japanese).

Expected result: Please see the attached Word document and screenshot.

Actual result: Notice that the vertical text direction is right-to-left and not left-to-right. Even if the text frame is skewed in the opposite direction (minus 90 degrees) the text is just mirrored and thus not readable.

Test files and screenshot: They are…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG Keypress doesn´t respond

With updating to 13.1 March 2018 Update: When you type to a text frame you have to do it twice before the character appears in the frame. I have this problem on two Windows 10 machines...

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thank you for your support all this while. The issue is now fixed in the latest update of InDesign.
    Please upgrade to the new InDesign 14.0 from your Creative Cloud Application.

If you are unable to see the update yet, click on the menu (three dots) on the top right corner of Creative cloud app and click on “Check for App Updates”.

Let us know your feedback in the comment section.

Thanks,
    Abhinav Kaushik
    InDesign Team

9. Footnote marker is replaced with an unknown character if preceded by a character with a specific Unicode pattern

Footnote marker is replaced with an unknown character if preceded by a character with a specific Unicode pattern. Unicode pattern is U+##1a. Here are some of those characters:

U+011a
    U+021a
    U+031a
    U+041a
    U+051a
    U+061a
    U+071a
    U+081a

You could try the attached test file for placement in to an InDesign document. Unicode of the character following the footnote marker is : U+011a

This happen when file format of the file is either RTF or DOC. Its not a issue with DOCX.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. contour freaking out

Contours on Text are freaking out in CC 2019 (14.0.2)

See attached PDF (.INDD is not allowed to be attached....)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Endnotes are out of sequence in captions and sidebars

I work on books that often have endnotes in captions or sidebars. The captions/sidebars are always set up as separate frames (and sometimes as anchored objects). Any endnotes in separate frames end up at the end of the endnote list, regardless of where they fall in the page order.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Indesign performance issue : Slow work of Indesign when editing text with large footnotes

I'd like to report a bug. Please follow the scenario below:

1. In a single column with lots of text in it, make two columns for a fragment of text

2. In text within the two-column setup, make a footnote. Add several lines of text to the footnote

3. Turn on the "Span Footnotes Across Columns" feature so that footnote ends up in the same group with the footnotes at the bottom of the page rather than below the two-column fragment

4. Expected behaviour: normal editing can be performed after these manipulations

5. Observed behaviour: any text editing after turning…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bad optical kerning for superscript "4"

When a superscript "4" follows a closing smart quotation mark, optical kerning is set to -60 or -70 depending on font. This is too close (basically a crash).

This is annoying for books with lots of endnotes, where superscript numbers usually follow quotation marks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Using glyphs in a text variable

I've defined a text variable that I use for a running header. This variable is defined from the first use of a "chapter title" paragraph style that I've also defined. I've inserted this variable on my A-master page, which is synced between documents in my book. The problem I'm running into is that I've used a number of glyphs in the text comprising the first use of that style, and the text variable (my running header) looks garbled: it's missing letters and has mixed caps. If it matters, the font I'm using is Orpheus Pro Bold.

Attached are two screenshots:…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Vertical Table Lines in White (defined in the front, bevore horizontal lines) got overruled

short:
    Tables, vertical lines white (in front), horizontal lines in black (in the back)
    after undefined cause: horiziontal in front, vertical in the back.
    Workaround: click (in top menue) on the white color again (for the vertical lines)

describe:
    There is some serious complications with vertical table lines! I want to have the vertical lines cut out of the horizontal ones. This is easy, with doing white vertical table-lines. Works perfekt. But sometimes, not always to reproduce, there is a trouble, where the white lines, hide behind the black herizontal ones after copy&paste or changes in the layout. There is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. numbering & sections should work on the same line

Allow second or third automatic lists on the same line.
    The second and other columns do not work automatically. Manually entering value.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Index entries lost when importing a .docx file with text frames into InDesign

InDesign version: CC 2018
    MS Word version: 2013

When I import a .docx file that uses text boxes/text frames/shapes into InDesign, most of the index entries within the .docx file is lost. When I import the same .docx file after removing all the shapes, all index entries remain intact.
    I've attached reference .docx files so that you can see what I mean. The .docx file (lorem_ipsum_index.docx) has five index entries, that are lost when imported to InDesign. On removing the text box from the .docx file (lorem_ipsum_index_wo_txt_box.docx), the index entries are imported properly.
    My assumption is that this is an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Index entries lost when importing a .docx file with text frames into InDesign

InDesign version: CC 2018
    MS Word version: 2013

When I import a .docx file that uses text boxes/text frames/shapes into InDesign, most of the index entries within the .docx file is lost. When I import the same .docx file after removing all the shapes, all index entries remain intact.
    I've attached reference .docx and .indd files so that you can see what I mean. The .docx file (lorem_ipsum_index.docx) has five index entries, that are lost when imported to InDesign (lorem_ipsum_index.indd). On removing the text box from the .docx file (lorem_ipsum_index_wo_txt_box.docx), the index entries are imported properly (lorem_ipsum_index_wo_txt_box.indd).
    My assumption is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text Wrap is wrong.

Text Wrap parametres is 10 mm, but 5 mm in fact.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. auto correction

Werte Entwickler,

ich weiß ja nicht auf welche Grundlage die Vorschläge/ „Verbesserungen beruhen sollen, aber es ist mit 0,0% Sinn programmiert.
    Autokorrektur für Saunabesuch=Sahnebaiser? Oder Konzentrationsvermögen=Konzentrationslagern???

Geht’s vielleicht auch besser? Oder wenigstens richtig?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base