2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4922 results found

1. Quickbooks error 12029

Quickbooks error 12029 https://qberror.com/quickbooks-error-12029/ is a vexing technical issue that arises when the software is unable to connect to the server. QuickBooks is well-known for providing numerous benefits to small- and medium-sized business owners and accountants. With the help of this programme, you can manage your sales, income, expenses, and inventory in real time and gain precise insights into your business's success. Technical challenges may happen while using the accounting software's various features and tasks, causing your procedure to be hampered. QuickBooks error 12029 is a comparable technical problem with QuickBooks that might drive you insane.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Finding Clipboard Contents Formatted and Unformatted

Indesign has the feature of replacing any text with clipboard contents formated and unformatted ^C and ^c. This is very useful but this same feature is not present under find > other

This is needed because for eg. we can find a wrongly rendered conjunct in the text and replace it throughout the file by copying the glyph. Later when we need to export the text to word or html, we have to replace the glyph with the wrongly rendered character. This is where InDesign does not presently have the option.

I am sure it will be simple for the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update the notes feature

We use notes to communicate between editors, designers, and compositors. It would be great if you could filter or sort notes by the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add PDF tags in Character styles

In documents, we often have characters that need to be artifacted in the exported PDF, such as:

Decorative bullets that aren't a list.

The "end of story" glyph (called an end of proof sign, U+220E)

Dot leaders between tabs or in TOCs

And just about any other glyph a designer uses for pure design, not semantic content.

Add PDF Export Tags to Character Styles and let us designate these items to be artifacted, as well as apply these other inline character-level tags:

<Formula>
    <Quote>
    <Reference>
    <Code>
    <BibEntry>

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Changes to the tab order interface - make it work like layers pallet

It would be great if the tab order box that allows you to reorder their order could function like the layer pallet - allowing you to simply drag the order up and down as required while the document remains active.

This would allow complex interactive pdfs to have fields added and reordered with ease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exclude Parameters from Paragraph Styles

A bit CSS-like.
    E.g. exclude Character Color from a Paragraph Style, to allow changing all but color by editing the style.
    Comes in handy when text is colored manually per story, but the typeface has to be changed for all stories.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Synchronize footnote settings in books and number across document

Regarding using books and footnotes: I really, really wish the footnote settings were something you could synchronize when synching your book. Also, I wish there was an option to continue numbering throughout the individual documents. Currently, if you do not have your whole document threaded, it will restart the footnote numbering, so I have to set it to restart numbering at each page (or section).
    I frequently have books with a dozen different chapters and would like the footnotes to number sequentially within each chapter; and it would be one less thing to remember to edit if the document footnote…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Display Performance High Quality by Default.

I have been using Indesign for about 10 years. I thought in the past when you set display peformance to high quality, then closed and re-opened indesign, the setting would stick.

Now, on the latest version, I have to set it to high quality each time I open a document, which is stupid considering probably 95% of user's computers can handle high quality mode these days. This is so much more basic than dealing with proxies in Premiere which is not on by default... It really should be set to high by default. It's really annoying to have to go…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to translate file from right to left language to english

I would love to have the option to “translate” a document form a right to left languages to English.
    Also the ability to change a document settings to English after some or all work is done.
    I tried to do this kind of things on my project the file started to work very slow, not able to work slow.
    Thank you!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Footnotes: ability to cite multiple references to a footnote, with appropriate tagging for accessibility

Each new instance of a footnote added in InDesign gets a sequential number – but authors and copywriters expect to be able to insert multiple references to the same numbered footnote. For example, a bank might want to put a single asterisk against multiple references to ‘interest rate’, with one corresponding footnote at the end to explain what 'APR', or 'EAR' means. So I’d like a new feature to be added that would, at the point of inserting a footnote, give the option to cite an existing one that’s already in the document. In an exported accessible PDF, there would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Analytic breakdown per country and daily stats.

Please provide a breakdown of stats per time period and per country.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export correct unicode spaces to epub/html

Logging this as a new feature, but it could also be a bug? Also logging this under "EPUB" since thats most important to me, but it also affects "HTML"

Currently the only space characters exported by InDesign are the regular space and the non breaking space. All others are converted to regular spaces on export. These spaces should be retained in the epub, since they are supported by reading systems and in many cases it is typographically incorrect to use regular spaces.

Spaces with direct Unicode mappings:
    Normal Space U+0020
    Nonbreaking Space U+00A0

Em Space U+2003
    En Space U+2002
    Third…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adjust text in frame to the right

Text tool. If you have too much text for a text frame with a small amount of text (e.g. 1-10 words), the text frame should enlarge to the right instead of downwards by using the keyboard command cmd+alt+c.
    It would improve the workflow significantly, since you don't always have to drag the text box "right" again afterwards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove style attributes from Style Settings in General tab

The Style settings overview is helpful, but dang would it be amazing to remove some attributes right from that box.

Sometimes something odd will get added to a style if created from existing type (such as shading bottom right corner radius). If I don't want that as part of my style, there is no way to easily remove it. If the style attributes were in a list format, not a running paragraph, you could have a delete icon next to each attribute, that could be deleted. )Take it one step further, and an edit button would take you right to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hyperlinks should create automatically https and individual Alt-Text for mail-hyperlink

Interactive PDF creation should automatically create "https:" instead of the obsolete "http" for the hyperlinks. It should be possible to enter your own "alt" text for the e-mail link - this looks like an error when the user hovers over it with the mouse and gets %%%, etc. Therefore, unfortunately, I still solve it with a hyperlink "mailto:",... because at least this is also displayed here again. A sorting function for the hyperlinks would also be great - i.e. a folder system. Accessibility should also be significantly simplified here - that would be great.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Extensis Suitcase to Connect to Adobe Fonts Subscription

I understand that this isn't a specific InDesign feature request, but I can't seem to find any way to put in a feature request for Adobe Fonts.

Until, and unless, Adobe decides to create a full-featured font management software package, it would be great if for subscribers of Extensis Suitcase that we could link our Adobe account to access fonts from within Suitcase much the same way we can access Google fonts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Eliminate Basic Paragraph style

Please eliminate the Basic Paragraph Style. Don’t just allow users to delete it (but if nothing else, at least do that). Remove the style from new documents and don’t have it in the panel by default.

The style is a trap. Users who edit the style or use the style and base other styles on Basic Paragraph usually fall into a trap when copying and pasting text between documents that have different definitions of the style. The text will paste in with different formatting that in the source document. When this happens there are usually one of two reactions: “How…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Urgent support needed for .webp images in InDesign & Photoshop

With the latest MacOS update Safari is now allowing .webp images. As a design studio we do LOTS of moodboards, research docs etc. gathering 100s of images at a time. Now I realise half need to be manually resaved — and in Preview of all places because not only are they not supported in InDesign, but Photoshop either. Urgent help needed!!!! This is adding so much time to my day.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Warning for Registration usage

WAY too many designers use Registration as a color in their jobs. This is a MAJOR mistake for print design. Indesign desperately needs a warning that can not be disabled every time Registration is attempted to be used, warning designers that it is NOT the same as Black, nor is it a "rich" black, and it WILL cause problems in printing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Name of the image near the link icon

Near the link icon, add the option "show/hide file name (and or extension)".

This will help when you have a catalog with 1200 products and in order to get the SKU and Color to fill the caption, you must click the image, then return to the text tool.

I know there's ways to auto input the name of the image. But sometimes the image contain other Information not important.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base