2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4921 results found

1. CJK and Arabic Toolsets

I frequently have to typeset Japanese, Chinese and Arabic, and it's very unfortunate the interfaces for the language tools cannot all be included in the same version.

My understanding is that every version of the software is identical under the hood, and there's a simple hidden parameter that enables the different language tools after a reboot, but it would allow for a much smoother workflow if this could be done within the software. For example, under Workspaces have the option to choose workspaces that use a different language toolset, with a reboot required if necessary. Can this be addressed in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. TOC Page number BEFORE and align number RIGHT automatically

InDesign has offered the ability to put the page number before the text entry in a generated table of contents for quite some time. However, if you have more than 10 pages, pages 1-9 don't align right (as they should - or if more than 100 pages, 1-99). It would be great if you could have that done automatically without adding a tab stop in the paragraph style and manually adding a tab before each page number.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Android Chrome - publish online incompatibility.

Publish online is a great idea with a brilliant future and I love it. Hope Adobe will continue to update it although I am not so sure. Most major browsers on Safari Firefox Opera Chrome Mi on desktop or mobile Windows IOS and Android, look they r working fine. There are issues with Android Chrome which in some countries is a big issue. (browsing a published document with Android Chrome control bar next-previous buttons appear instantly and then disappear and can't bring them back, touch, zoom seem not to be working either and browsing freezes)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Place .aic and .psdc files

As work flows are continuing to become more and more cloud based with the new photoshop and illustrators, the natural step would be to allow us to place .aic and .psdc files into an InDesign file. These items will be invaluable as we build for future users.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why doesn't ID have a blur filter?

My suggestion for ID is it should have a blur filter along with all the other filters available. it seems it has everything but blur. I use the gradient blur filter all the time for layouts and it's a time saver, so I would love a gaussian blur to also be there so I don't have to go back and forth from ID and PSD.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add the ability to move from the type tool to the move tool with a right click or hold down a key

switching from type tool to the move tool while your cursor is inside a text box can't be done by simply pressing the v key because it will put a v in the copy you are working with. Currently the solve is 1) push escape, then the v key-a real pain 2) click off the text box that you are working on, push the v key, go back to the text box and click on it to move it-slightly inconvenient.

So would it make sense to have a right click with the move (V) tool at the very top of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Full screen mode while in portrait view on iPhone and other devices

It might just be my olddd iPhone 6 but portrait view always leaves navigation bar and footer bar on screen when viewing.

Now until responsive layouts become a feature (wish), then if we want to create a portrait layout publication/document for viewing on a device, full- screen doesn't happen for me and others. It would nice to be able to enable this, as in landscape view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hyphenation (H&J): Don’t break compound words except at hyphens

Compound words should only be divided at existing hyphens when dividing words for line breaks.

Example: “award-winner” should break only after “award-“ not as “award-win-ner”

Other: “heart-stopping” can break after “heart-“ but never “heart-stop-ping”

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please give the option to remove the "home" bar (the one with the house on it)

In indesign, there is currently no way I can find to remove this bar that wants to live at the very top of my screen. I don't use it, it takes up valuable space and it has no purpose (at least for me). I want the option to turn it off, just like I can turn off the frame (which I don't use either). thank you
    ps adobe support told me to post here for the issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Variable font slider window

Please enable the variable font slider options to be popped out into their own separate window instead of having to click the icon every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep saved video attributes when opening packaged file and relinking media

I am working on documents that are published online, with video and sound features. If a file is packaged and sent to other members of a team, upon opening the Indesign file, you are required to relink all media in the Links folder. However, some features are then lost, like the Poster frame settings for Video files (set in the Media panel).
    It would also be useful to be able to have the option to have sound on or off when publishing online, without having to do this in another application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Saving files - please have just filename selected, not extension

This used to be how it was, I can't tell you how much time I waste selecting an insertion point to rename the file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import PDF comments: Acrobat 'Set Status' options; keep Acrobat file in sync.

Marking comments as resolved/unresolved in InDesign is not comprehensive enough: the full options available in Acrobat need to be available in InDesign. Also, the source PDF file needs to be updated to reflect what has been done in InDesign.

1. Rather than just 'Resolve', InDesign needs to show the full 'Set Status' menu from Acrobat.
    2. Once the full 'Set Status' menu is in place, marking comments as 'Completed', etc., in InDesign needs to be reflected in the source commented PDF file so it is fully in sync.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multi Level Running Headers with Numbering

Add the ability to have multiple running headers. Specifically for multi-level lists that include numbering. Currently you can only select one paragraph style and it doesn't include numbering. It would be great to be able to create breadcrumbs for multi-level lists so you can show which section and subsection you're in INCLUDING NUMBERING. Currently the running header drops the numbering which is annoying.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow for selecting a set of Links for relinking, not just parent link or individual link

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/quot-how-may-i-select-multiple-links-for-re-linking/m-p/11682784?page=1#M407985

Looking to perform "Select Multiple Link Replacement”

Right now I can Re Link Parent Link (of ALL Instances) and change 1000 instances of an image.

Right Now I can Relink ONE individual “Child” instance or ONE image at a time.

But I cannot SELECT and RELINK Multiple Selected Links (example: 10 out of the 1000) SELECT instances of an image.

The only way to presently do this is to highlight the 10 instances and then Relink them one by one where a dialogue box opens and requires me to repeat the link process and click OK all 10 times.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Conditional Text Shortcut

There are lots of Conditional Text requests, but simply the ability to assign keyboard shortcuts to text conditions would be a huge time saver!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share for review deadline

Hi team,

Share for review is looking fantastic, however there is one feature we really need and that is to be able to set a review deadline, is this on the cards for any time soon?

It would be great if it worked something like this:
    – Select user or group to share with
    – Set their deadline to submit feedback
    – Automatic reminders if they haven't reviewed leading up to the deadline
    – Lock or revoke their access to view after the review deadline has passed

Thanks

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Para and Char styles to be imported from libraries together

When we create a set of styles, there are both para and char styles. If I select both at the same time, I don't get the option to import them. It would be nice if we could have a single step of importing all styles in a group at the same time so users don't have to make sure they're selecting just one or the other. It trips people up all the time when they accidentally have one of the character styles selected with all the para styles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. context menu for bookmarks

there is missing a context menu (right mouse click) in the bookmarks panel ("Lesezeichen"), e.g. with the menu entry "rename"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Combine single page PDF into a spread from Books

When using Books and exporting to a PDF, if you have single pages, they just show as a single page. Maybe have an option to combine single pages into a spread.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base