1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would like to be able to ignore specific flags in Preflight

When preflighting a file, I would like to be able to choose to ignore specific flags that are brought up, that do not actually pose a threat to processing, while keeping in place the original settings that caused the flag to begin with (as in most cases it is an issue that needs to be fixed).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A way to chose where you would like to save your links, INDD file, etc when "packaging" a file.

When working on projects with multiple large books, we would appreciate a way to "package" a file, yet save all of the links for each book in a Master Links Library folder, fonts in a Master Fonts Library folder, and PDFs in a designated folder.

Additionally, it would be awesome if there was a way to preflight a file and ensure that all links are linking to a specific master links folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show which layer is printing in the slug area.

We often have to print specific layers to be sure our art is on the correct layer for printing. It would be especially helpful to us to see which layer is printed along with the page information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Live color update when using color picker on a fill

When an object that can be filled is selected i can't use the color picker to see a new color without clicking OK repeatedly to see how it looks. Why can't it update in real time?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Blending mode (effect pannel) Text and forms as a mask with the next image

Dear Adobe, could you make it possible to add behind a text or form a picture - like in photoshop with masks. May be it would be possible to integrate it as a effect (blending mode) to have mark the layer as a mask (black) mask (white) - this would help a lot making much faster

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GREP 'soft' Find and Replace

I'd like to be able to use GREP to search for a particular string (in a particular style) and then hide it and replace it with a different string with a selected style.

This would allow me to replace, for example, the company's name written in full with the company's logo (which is a single character in a special font) without destroying the text. It could also allow me to replace the words for 'wheelchair access' with the icon etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More than just the single Links folder when packaging.

It would be nice to be able to preserve my file structure when packaging a book. Just separate folders for images, docs, table, etc. There are a lot of files in a 500-600 page technical manual with 50-60 documents/chapters, and it's a pain to sort through when everything gets dropped into a single Links folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow multiple bookmarks to be dragged at once to reorder in bookmarks panel

In the Bookmarks panel, you can select multiple bookmarks simultaneously, but you can't then do anything with them. It would be nice to be able to move several bookmarks at once when reordering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Gradient panel - double click for edit on colour stops not working

Double clicking these does not allow me to choose a new colour or edit the existing colour. Only allows for me to save as a swatch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Network package issue

I get a error message when I try to export a PDF or make other package from a file that I packaged from company network server. Is like I can't access the links files anymore. And I even can't delete them!

I'm using the Indesign 13.1 and macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Indesign Crashing when 'Quick Apply' is used.

Quick Apply crashes Indesign 2019, with every new release, we have had historically had similar issues, until a plugin to prevent such crash was copied over (via script, sent by you guys (Adobe)). Kindly address this now and in future releases.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add "Unmap All" to Map Tags to Styles

In the Map Tags to Styles popup panel, please supply a "unmap all tags" button. Sometimes we use the tags to prestyle text, but then apply manual overrides, and want to retain the manual overrides when importing new XML. We currently have to manually remove all mapped styles from the tags before doing that, which can be very tedious when working on large numbers of documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Preview Data Merge Causes Crash

InDesign crashes EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I try to created a data merged document and try to preview the merged content. This needs to be fixed. Data merge is one of the most important uses for InDesign for me and my work. Please help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Panels minimized at start up

When InDesign starts up all the panels are minimzed. I have to click "Reset Workspace" to make them appear maximized again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More options for packaged files.

Here is an idea that I would think is relatively easy to implement, but would be a great relief to many of us.

So, I packe and indesign file and it creates a copy, an idml-file, a pdf and "sucks in" all links and fonts to a neat folder. Indesign operates under the assumption that this is the very last thing you do, but often I do this midway to secure everything, or to move to another computer etc etc. Or i retuurn to a finnished project a year later as the client wants some updates.

I would love the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Different corner options?

How about creating a method for users to define new and/or different corner options?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can there be an export option that exports all layers into there own pdf all at once and not have to export each layer one at a time?

Can there be an export option that exports all layers into there own pdf all at once and not have to export each layer one at a time? Example: I have 20 layers in a document and need to export each on as a pdf. I would like to do that with one export option and each layer retain its name in the pdfs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Toolbar

My toolbar is located on the right because I'm righthanded and placing it on the right means shorter distances when using the mouse. This means less stress on shoulders and arms.

I have an idea to choose a tool even faster, while creating more workspace and less use of the mouse.

What about a specific key (combination) useable for your non mouse hand (eg.ctrl+shift), to make the toolbar appear directly under the cursor. When you use the same key (combination) again or after you have chosen a tool, the toolbar closes.

This way you will create more space in your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Picking colours from swatches for gradients

I find it a little tedious when doing gradients that you have to manually enter in the values of the colours even if they're in your swatches. You can add to your swatches from what you're making but you can't just quickly drop a swatch in as a gradient value. Just a bit of a pain when you're trying to work quickly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base