2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4920 results found

1. Integrate InDesign ME with InDesign

I currently require occasional use of right-to-left text and therefore require InDesign ME. A major problem with the ME version, however, is that the help page defaults to Arabic. Since I’ve chosen English يدعم العربية as my language choice, one would think an English option would also be available, but no such luck. It really isn't clear to me why the ME version needs to be a separate product rather than simply integrating the right-left features directly into the regular version

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Media Panel - PDF options of Video playback

Would be good if you could have more control over the behaviour of a video once output to PDF.

Currently all videos properties are set to "disable Content is selected from the context menu"
    As a result I then have to edit each video property individually in acrobat DC to set it to
    "The page containing the content is closed"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the cursor to change from black to red, or any colour in spectrum (colour blind)

Create a colour cursor option to change colour from black to red/green/blue/etc. I find extremely difficult to follow the black cursor in InDesign as it competes with the various Application Frames./dropdown menus.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a Shortcut for Effects (instead of Dropshadow)

For some reason, only the Drop Shadow effect has a keyboard shortcut. So if we frequently use an other effect, we can reacht the effects panel by choosing the keyboard shortcut for Drop Shadow. But then we have to first switch off the Drop Shadow effect.
    Why not create a Shortcut to the effects panel, without activating Drop Shadow.

[more: the shortcut currently adds a Drop Shadow AND opens the panel, which is inconvenient if you (for some reason ;-) want to use Drop Shadows all the time.]

Needs a UX rework.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Align to page when only one object is selected

It would be helpful if the align command defaulted to align to page when only one object is selected. There is no risk of confusion as an object cannot be aligned with itself :)

This would remove a lot of unnecessary switching back and forth in the align options, as the default use case at least for me is align to selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support Apple Pages file as original text file

I use Pages a lot, more than word, as pages support a lot of macOS native shortcut and I like to use them to quickly do my text editing, but word on the other hand has too many shortcut that doest follow the logic in macOS…

As a heavy Pages user, it would be a huge time saving option to be able to link my pages file into indesign the same way as word file does.

I like the idea of doing my text in a clean text editor like Pages, and linking it to InDesign to do the heavy…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adjust Layout

Adjust Layout is not working right. Please give the option to adjust only margins and nothing else as was working good in CC 2018. The new feature is giving a lot of trouble.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding a separate pages or extract pages as individual pages feature.

Working in a newspaper environment, our layout clerk sets up our paper in sections. If our A Section is 12 pages, she sets it up as a 12 page section and dummies the advertisements on the pages. When our editorial staff grabs the pages to do their jobs, they need to be able to work on each page individually, not as one full document. It would be extremely beneficial (without having to "MOVE PAGES" or copy and paste) if our layout clerk could separate or export the document as individual indesign pages. Our layout and editorial departments are currently transitioning…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Paragraph styles for masters

You should be able to create a blank text box on a master and assign it a paragraph style. Then when you edit a document page based on that master, the text should be formatted according to the paragraph style. It does this already, for the creation of the page. But if you change the paragraph style of the master, there is apparently NO WAY for the new paragraph style to get applied to the document pages based on that master. Which is a huge oversight.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Verankerd object naar onder de tekst verplaatsen

In de tekst geplakte objecten (verankerde objecten) onder de tekst plaatsen, dus Object>Schikken>Naar achtergrond. Zodat tekst OP het object zichtbaar blijft.
    In het Engels: Anchored object: Send to back. To keep text visible ON TOP of anchored object.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make "Notes" icons easier to see in layout view

It would be helpful to have an option to highlight the "Notes" icons in the layout when people want to see where they are located. They are often almost impossible to see and need the palette to be navigable. An option called "Highlight Notes in Layout" possibly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a new menu item to the menu bar: Indexes

Ideally, indexing should have a menu all its own. The fact that it's only got a panel that opens from the Windows menu suggests it's an afterthought, and it's very limiting, because it means I can't create my own keyboard shortcuts for indexing functions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Batch "enable profiles for all linked images" option

There should be an easy way to batch "enable all ICC profiles" for linked images in an opened document.
    Today, the only way to do this is by changing each image individually. Alternatively, you can force an ICC profile mismatch before opening the file, and then enable all profiles while assingning the correct ICC, which it can lead to errors.

For those whose workflow is based on PDF/X-4, it is crutial to activate the ICC profiles for all the linked images in every InDesign document.
    And since the default behavior for InDesign is to ignore the ICC profile while placing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove [All paragraph] from Cross-Reference

After the update Indesign to the latest version, there is an option for [All Paragraph] when creating a new cross-reference. This has led to a very slow performance when it tries to load all paragraph by default.

The alternative is having a "unchecked" option for user, perhaps?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use of Adobe Camera Raw (engine) on Stock Images or CC Libs

inDesign requires a way to incorporate the Adobe Camera Raw engine, because there is really NO need for a graphic designer to open an image into Photoshop to just adjust the lighting.

Right now, the process of adjusting the Colors of any image brought inside of inDesign (exception be made of the gray scale images that can be tinted), consists in opening the file inside Photoshop, editing, saving back to see the adjustments.

If the original was a .PSD, this is still a non destructive workflow.

Now, with a .JPG image I have 2 choices :
    1. I only need…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding a dedicated Opentype window to InDesign, as is available in Illustrator (Alt + Shift + Ctrl/Cmd + T)

I think it would be extremely helpful to add a dedicated Opentype window to InDesign, as is available in Illustrator.

Changing more than one setting for a typeface - for example, removing ligatures and then enabling tabular lining - requires more than one navigation through the sub-menu within Character/Paragraph.

It seems strange that this is not a standard window in InDesign when it is in Illustrator, being that InDesign is the standard application for creating text-heavy page layouts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Redefining an object style that contains Anchored Object Options when object sampled is not anchored

Consider an object that has an Object Style applied with no overrides. You change some attribute of the object then select Redefine Style to apply chat change to the style. The change propagates to all objects using that Object Style.

But if the Object Style includes custom Anchored Object Options and the object you sample is not anchored, then it has no Anchored Object Options applied to it. That means you delete the Anchored Object Options from the style definition. Those options should remain applied to the object, although they would be inaccessible as it is not anchored.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Preflight Panel: Page Range Textbox should be wider

In the preflight panel, the textbox that you can type page ranges into is simply too small, leading to confusion when you're working with higher-numbered ranges. See attached images of the same range and how digits are easily obscured.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. JPEG export should be numbered usefully

InDesign exports JPEGs as: blah.jpg, blah2.jpg, blah3.jpg, etc.

Even InDesign itself can't properly parse this numbering scheme when it imports JPEGs. They should be numbered: blah01.jpeg, blah02.jpg, blah03.jpg, etc.

Either that, or InDesign should be smart enough to recognize and properly import its own JPEGs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base