When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. publish online navigation buttons disappear in browsers and don't come back

When I view a published document, the browser based navigation buttons and menu for downloading disappear after a couple seconds and don't come back without hitting F5. This is unworkable. Please change it so the nav arrows remain on the screen, even in full screen mode. I can't have my clients struggling to go to the next page. This happens in Chrome and Firefox. In Edge, they disappear, but will reappear if I move my mouse to the edge of the screen - also very frustrating because I just want to click through the document without struggling to find the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Download licensed graphics from CC library to my hard disk

It's not possible to download/store/save licensed graphics to my hard disk! I have to open my web browser and sign into stock.adobe to do this. Please make it easy!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud services (Typekit, CC Libraries etc)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option for fly-out menus to open to the right.

Would it be possible to have an option for the fly-out menus to open to the right to keep the live page area fully visible? It's hard working on spreads in book interiors because any window open covers part of the text. If I have room to shift the spread over, InDesign automatically re-centers the spread when I turn to the next page. (Sample window was chosen in PNG because it's generic.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replace GUI

It could be usefull if developers could completely replace the existing GUI, and replace it with a custom build GUI. The Indesign engine could then also be used for other purposes than graphic design work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Backup the user-defined Document Presets in a different file than Preferences

At the moment, if a user creates several "New Document" Presets in the "New Document" window, they will be deleted if the User has to reset their InDesign preferences.

It would make more sense if the hard work that is put into creating New Document Presets was saved in a different system file (or clouded) so that
    1-they don't get lost if resetting InDesign Preferences and
    2-the Presets could be shared with other team members easily

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: XML w/Images Export (filename)

Just discovered during XML w/images export that ID is converting images w/spaces in filenames to underscores (causing mismatches, XML itself is correct) — is this a bug? Using ID 13.0.1

Btw - I know this is a feature request post, but I can't find an easy way to submit bugs!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back newly activated fonts

Since updating to Indesign CC 2018, we can no longer use newly activated fonts. I have to restart Indesign after each time I activate a font. Please fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Vertical Alignment (top, middle, bottom) should be in Paragraph Formatting Controls (not hidden in CMD+B)

Vertical Alignment (top, middle, bottom) should be in Paragraph Formatting Controls (not hidden in CMD+B). This looks like a UI/UX grouping oversight. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need a tutorial on forcing a paragraph style to actually work

I've been sporadically hunting for a year on how to force a paragraph style to actually work in a text box. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Yes, I've tried the option bit. All I want is for the right margins to be the same, and to have a bottom margin that will keep the last line X amount of line-height from the bottom of the text box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to globally reverse paragraph direction in a multipage document from left to right or right to left..

In a multipage document, a reverse layout option reverses only page layout and not each paragraph of the documents. It would be great if we have a globally reverse paragraph direction in a multipage document from left to right or right to left. This would help in translating left-right paragraph based language into right-left paragraph based languages. Also, it would save a lot of time on the InDesign user to flip each paragraph manually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Print Preview rather than a P... or is that a d?

I'm amazed at how complicated it is to be able to print something as simple as front cover and back cover as a spread.

in fact, i have yet to figure that out at all.

Is there a reason why i can't print select pages from a catalog, and see where they will land on a page?

I feel like I'm working in Quark back in 2001. Have we made no progress in in the print dialog box since then?

I'd like to be able to SEE the pages (from selected range) their orientation on select paper stock, and how…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Toggles in Dashboard for published content

Introduce zwo Switches/toggles for "Hide the Share and Embed code" and "Allow PDF-Download" within the dashboard for an already published document so it doesn’t have to be republished every time one wants to change any of these options?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Find/Change tags

This is important in order to save time and avoid using third-party code editors, especially when edits have been made in InDesign such as anchored images being placed only on some listed items, that won't render in them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keyboard shortcut for paragraph spacing before/after

Allow a Keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease paragraph spacing before/after.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please let us turn off the new live endnotes feature

I layout a journal which features multiple articles each with their own endnotes. They are uniquely numbered for each article and need to appear after each article. I don't need live endnotes as all the copy is proofed and correct before I receive it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. the anchor needs to work on the same line.

the anchor marker needs to work on the same line.

the anchor marker does not wrap on the same line.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reopen color theme floating palettes

I have a workbook/training document that has sections, and each section uses a different color scheme. I used the Color Theme tool to create the different color themes for the various sections. But with each new theme, I lost the preceding floating palette. It would be so helpful to be able to reopen a color theme floating palette that is based on a theme you saved in the Swatches panel. It would be more convenient to drag the floating palette around the screen (near to the objects where you want to apply fill or stroke) than to have to undock,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. find font window

To be able to scale or enlarge the FIND FONT window -
    Some font names are too long to be readable in this UI and you can not resize the window to make room for long font names.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. User interface is getting worse and worse

I am still on CS6, because newer versions have been less stable and don't bring any benefits I need. Now I tried InDesign CC 2018 and realize that the contrast of the UI gets worse (dark grey on light grey or vice versa, additionally you cannot distinguish inactive/greyed-out menu topics), that the palettes needs more space on the screen without any reason for doing this and more dialogs/messages are not on the original OS design but in a new style. I suppose this is for tablet usability, but within this app really makes no sense to me. You are moving…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base