2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4913 results found

1. Column Guides and Text Wrapping

Can Ignore Text Wrap be an option in the properties for Column Rules? As an instructional designer in a team, we often have screenshots of the UI, with a text wrap of Jump, at the top of the left column in a two column layout. Currently, that forces the column rule to begin below the image, see screenshot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please can InDesign use true OpenType superscripts and subscripts if they are available in the font

Please can InDesign use true OpenType superscripts and subscripts if they are available in the font, in the same way that it will use the true OpenType small caps.
    Or can there be a way in the paragraph styles to tell it to use them. (Not a character style as they are not necessarily tagged, they just pull through from Word or other manuscript source as superscript or subscript.)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Import a multipage PDF into existing graphic frames

I need to be able to set up a document with graphic frames, then import a multipage PDF using a script which places each page into each frame. When the script encounters a page not containing a frame, it will miss it out and place into the next available frame.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Just change one word in the preferences of German InDesign!

The German word "Textumfluss" is used two times in InDesign but with different meanings:

Within the preferences "Smart Text Reflow" is "Intelligenter Textumfluss".
    And then there ist the "Text Wrap" panel, which is named "Textumfluss" in German, too.

So "wrap" gets the same translation as "reflow"? Noooooo! These are two different thing and should not be named the same!

A better translation for reflow would be "Textumbruch", so please change just one word in the German preferences, from "Intelligenter Textumfluss" to "Intelligenter Textumbruch".

It's easy to do: just five letters to change! One small piece of code. Done in a…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to create and edit Object styles in the Properties panel

Trying to lessen dependence on existing panels in an attempt to speed up workflow. So if I could create and edit full Object styles by accessing that option—similar to Para and Character styles on Properties panel, that would be great. I know the Properties panel is a work in progress, so hoping this may appear sometime in the not-to-distant future

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the ability to Name Pages

We build all our digital ads in indesign. 20 pages at 20 unique sizes. When we export to jpegs, we have to go and manually name every single image with the file name.

It would be nice if we could tag the file dimensions to each page and have this information export as a suffix to the original file name.

i.e. 0000-Client Code-'600x600', 0000-Client Code-'1280x760'

The pages would allow us to assign the 600x600 and the 1280x760 to the page for exporting and would carry over from document to document.

Please and thank you for your consideration.

344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In tables, there should be provision to select multiple non adjacent cells.

In tables, there should be provision to select multiple non adjacent cells, so that it would be easy to change cell attributes all at once e.g. changing colors of the cells, font color etc.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display a button's multiple actions/events

If we are able to add multiple events to buttons, the only way we can see those actions is to pro-actively switch to that event (via the Event drop down in the InDesign Buttons and Forms panel) or by exporting an interactive PDF and viewing the actions in the button's properties dialogue box in Acrobat.

Ideally, if an object is turned into an interactive button, the panel should change to reflect that. Within the new space, if a button is applied an action via the event drop down, line items should appear similar to the way actions aggregate. Another method…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Problem with Paragraph Borders across the page (with same paragraph style)

In the "Paragraph Borders" we need an option that allows you to determine whether or not to leave the "paragraph border" at the bottom of the page. When using the same paragraph style (to simulate a table) often the client requires that the border at the bottom (or top) of the page are not visible, to indicate continuity (as happens now in the case in which the same paragraph is divided between the two pages).

Operating system: "catalina 10.15.1".
    InDesign: version 15.0.1.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Radically improve indexing efficiency

This is a general suggestion. Indexing is one of the most tedious, time-consuming processes in ID. Look for ways to make it more efficient. Here are some suggestions.

1. When a user selects text for indexing, automatically look up that text in the index listing and display those that match. Often the text with say "John Smith" but his name is in the index as" John H. Smith." When a user selects text with "Smith" in it, have a window that displays all entries with "Smith," allowing the proper one to be selected.

2. Clicking to open lists under first letters is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Use Creative Cloud Library items in G-Suite/Google Slides

I would like to be able to use the images that we add to our team's Creative Cloud Library inside of Google Slides so we can have one canonical place for all our assets to use across ID, PSD, AI and G-Suite.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Settings Control for Multiple Users

Load, Sync, Edit Color Settings/PDF Export Options and General Preferences across multiple Users/Workstations within an organization. Provide centralized area to monitor and ***** with ability for notification/alerts if a User/Workstaion is not synchronized. Also please bring back load User Workspace and Preferences.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stroke Management in Table

Please put some buttons to select inner strokes / outer strokes of tables rather than right click on the miniature table graphic on strokes panel.

It will be very useful if you put one click option for Select All strokes, Select Border, Select Inner etc. Right click on that miniature cell sometimes very difficult. And make it the default selection for atleast one document

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Interactive PDF with validated (a.k.a. pre-formatted) fields

In inDesign, the PDF dialog really needs to have all of the functionality when formatting interactive fields as Adobe Acrobat Pro does.

I try to set up my interactive forms in inDesign for ease and efficiency of workflow, but when my manager asks me to "create them as validated fields" (i.e. the phone number is pre-formatted to be a 10 digit number input only, a SSN is also formatted to be a 9 digit number only, etc.) then I have to add another step in the process by re-doing the interactive fields in Acrobat, which is a major headache and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. TOC is insanly hard to figure out.

TOCs in inDesign is the most confusing piece of software I have ever whitnessed. Nothing makes sense. I change the little drop downs in the TOC popup. Click DONE. Close it open it back up nothing is changed. I cannot figure out how to do anything in there at all. And I have googled and watched videos about it for last 2 years of my life. Still have to create TOCs manually. Just a horrible horrible piece of software UX wise. This needs to be fixed. You guys need to take TOC creation and rethink it completely from group up.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Temporarily disable GREP styles

I'm working on a long document that uses GREP Styles. the applied styles only change the colour of text, so they don’t affect the flow of text. But they sure do slow down the program. I would like to be able to disable the GREP Styles in the paragraph style to speed up the program. The only way to disable GREP Styles is to remove them from the style definition. I duplicated the style to keep a backup of my GREP expressions, but what would be better is a way to individually disable the styles while keeping the expression in…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide a resolution option for indesign

When I export an image as a jpeg in InDesign and select anything above 72 dpi, I end up with a larger jpeg. This seems to correlate with the ppi, so my original 1612 x 640 would end up as 2149 x 853 with 96 dpi, 8463 x 3360 with 150 dpi and so on. It is very inconvenient because I need my files to be exactly the same size as when I started, but with a higher resolution than 72ppi. It would be awesome and save me time if you could provide an resolution option for indesign that we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is essential for non-fiction book authors to have the endnote indices restarted with each chapter (section).

InDesign must allow endnotes to be continuous OR restarted for each chapter. The latter option is not possible at the moment without splitting a book draft into separate chapter files. This is both very time consuming and prone to error. Authors of documents with thousands of citations cannot realistically use the continuous endnote numbering approach.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base