1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OpenType-SVG color shapes are not rendered via Create Outlines

Outlining color fonts does not display the actual colored shapes, and in the case of Trajan & Gilbert, the outlining process is relying on the CFF shapes. As a user, I would expect to see the colored SVG shapes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard shortcut for paragraph spacing before/after

Allow a Keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease paragraph spacing before/after.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text from a paragraph style used in a variable does not carry any character styling

Text from a paragraph style used in a variable does not carry any character styling.

Define a variable using the text of a specific paragraph style. Add character styles to the text (or use a GREP style) and when the text is
    pulled" by the variable the character style is not reflected.

Often this is used for running headers and footers. Example: if the registered trademark symbol is added to the text, it is regular case in the variable.

This also really screws up the ToC when the paragraph style is used in a ToC

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Price format : Wordbased diagonal strike-through

1. Price formatting : we need a character style that allows BARRED PRICE styles : a diagonal strikethrough in a different colour, and needs a line style which allows a full line or a dotted line version . See screenshot

2. Millions of uses a day. For a lot of indesign brochure designers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Implement Function "Lock Styles"

It would be very helpful, time and costsaving if there were a function to "lock" e.g. all paragraph-styles. Subsequent all modifications in paragraph-styled-textes are only allowed by using (also locked) text-styles.

In Addition to that it should be possible to lock the complete "CTRL+T" menu in order to avoid any "uncontrolled modifications".

All meanderings/abberations in textes are mostly caused "by mistake" and it takes hours of hours to correct (and proof!) this in documents an big books.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. edit text variable directly

Rather than having to dig down through menus to edit a variable, have it editable directly from the RMB contextual menu in the layout.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Font Substitution Preferences

I often have several of the same fonts come up that I'm missing in the documents I'm working on from other people. I think it would be great to be able to have a user preference to define a specific font I have to replace it automatically rather than just a default font.

This could also help with fonts that are technically the same, but one is an open type vs post script version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option-Click to indent both sides of a paragraph

When using cursor to click on the up/down arrows in the paragraph palette to increase or decrease indent, hold the option key to indent both sides. (Option key is common to constraining reshape to both sides of an object.)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Recent Fonts List Modification

Currently, if you have Number of Recent Fonts to Display set to anything but zero (0), recent fonts appear at the font drop down list, but the drop down starts at the top of the fonts list no matter what your current font is.

If I am just wanting the next or previous font in the list from the font I am currently using, I now have to scroll all the way down to that font. When the Number of Recent Fonts to Display is set to zero (0), when the drop down is selected, it is positioned at the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Kerning Editor (with individual margin alignment options)

A Kerning Editor would fit nicely into the kerning feature, which allows to choose between optical, metrical kerning. The user would define his own kerning names.
    The Kerning Editor has a GUI which allows the user to define his own kerning pairs which override the metrical ones defined in the font's kerning tables. There I can load the metrical kerning or the optical kerning as a start for my individual kerning.
    Furthermore the new Kerning Editor has two more tokens/glyphs to kern with: the left and the right margin of a text frame. So the user can define his own…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fit text to frame

This is a very important feature for anyone doing desktop publishing and has to fit different variations of text into a predefined text frame size.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Native language hyphenation

My German client would love if their words broke naturally not at random bits of words, similar to how shows the proper place for word breaks: www.silbentrennung24.de

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make "Justify Text Next to an Object" work in all cases

As it stands, text wrapping around an object only responds to this preference (and justifies) when it wraps around the left and right sides of the object. It should work even if it only wraps around one side.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Temporarily disable GREP styles

I'm working on a long document that uses GREP Styles. the applied styles only change the colour of text, so they don’t affect the flow of text. But they sure do slow down the program. I would like to be able to disable the GREP Styles in the paragraph style to speed up the program. The only way to disable GREP Styles is to remove them from the style definition. I duplicated the style to keep a backup of my GREP expressions, but what would be better is a way to individually disable the styles while keeping the expression in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add a new feature is 'THE EQUATION EDITOR' in Adobe InDesign, it would be usefull

PLEASE ADD A NEW FEATURE IS: THE EQUATION EDITOR.

It would be very useful.

Thanks & B/regards,
    Handjojo

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rotating a linear gradient used in paragraph shading

At the moment there is no level of control for rotating a linear gradient used in paragraph shading. Please add that functionality.

Thanks, René

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Paragraph Shading corners do not continue between columns

The paragraph border has an option to "Display Border if Paragraph Splits Across Frames/Columns" BUT paragraph shading lacks the corresponding option. Resulting in a mismatch across frames and columns. See screen shots.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Typographer's Quotes Override

For some users, straight quotes and apostrophes are the bane of our existence. The Use Typographer's Quotes checkbox is in Preferences>Type is (strangely) document-dependent and may switch off if you have a document open that originated on another machine.
    It's rather annoying to have to keep popping back into Preferences. Is there a possibility we could have an option to have it ALWAYS enabled, so that it overrides individual document settings?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fit frame to text WIDTH (not just height)

When working with text in a text frame, we have the FIT FRAME TO CONTENT button that collapses the frame height to the minimum height required to fit the existing text. That's great, use it all the time, but it doesn't collapse the width at all.

It would be nice if there was also a checkbox/option or different button that would also collapse the text frame's WIDTH to the width of the longest line.

This would make it quick and easy to distribute spacing between a bunch of little text boxes aligned in a row. Right now I have to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base