1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Refine "No Break" by providing suboptions

While hyphenation preferences can be refined at the Paragraph (style) level, Character (style) options only provide a boolean “No Break” attribute which prevents line breaks whatever the location of the text in the layout.

Note, for example, that “Hyphenate Across Column” is available as a paragraph option while the user may actually want to turn on/off column breaks from within a character style. The “No Break” attribute is then too harsh, since it fully disallows line breaking.

Suppose a ITEMS character style is associated to proper names or book titles. We may want to allow regular line breaking for these…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Functionality to apply kerning before the first letter in a line

Feature Description: This feature should work like in Illustrator or Photoshop (even After Effects can do it). Please see attached screen capture.

How it should work:
    1. Insert the cursor before the first character in a line
    2. Use the kerning in the character panel or with the shortcuts (ALT + arrow keys)
    3. kerning should be applied

Why: This would be a productivity enhancement and make it much easier to optically align the first letter in a line manually without having to use the Optical Margin alignment that only works for a whole story.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters

Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters. Currently using Mongolian Baiti or Noto Sans Mongolian fonts the characters in the words do not connect to the correct initial, medial or final forms. Only isolated forms are displayed. We tried any current settings but the characters do not combine. Is there a function to do this? We have not found any plug-ins so far. Perhaps it could be that the open type tables are not read which may be one reason for this. See the attached IndDesign file

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show only Font familys in Font preview

Since the latest layout change the font searchbar improved, BUT it takes way longer to actually find a font, becouse every Version of the font is displayed, instead of the whole Family (so Arial Bold, Arial Medium etc... instead of Arial, Futura, etc). This is especially confusing, when working with similar named font familys or diffenrt varants of familys. I would suggest a option in the preferences of all Adobe programs to change etween family preview and single style preview, with the first set as default.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make GREP dot (Any Character) match Footnote Reference marker.

Make the GREP dot (Any Character) match ~F (Footnote Reference marker).

There is no reason that a query like .+ would stop when reaching a footnote marker. This should select the entire paragraph. This behaviour have been in InDesign forever and should be changed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sticky last font selection in Type > Font drop down menu.

1. When designing in InDesign or Illustrator, etc., I often scroll down the text menu, pick a font, work with it a while then go back to the font menu to try the next font. Unfortunately the font menu always goes back to the top of the list. I would like the font drop down menu to pop back to the current font so I can continue where I left off in the list.

2. Failing that idea, at least add a scroll bar and maybe highlight the current font in the list so I can get back to where…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Diagonal Strikethrough

An upgrade to the existing strike through option with new settings that allow for diagonal lines. I've added a mockup of the character style options.

This would be an awesome little update wich has many uses and make the life of a lot of InDesigners easier.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it easier to define bullet symbols

It would be nice to be able to either utilize a selected Glyph as a bullet symbol or at least search for a symbol within a font via UNICODE like you can in the Glyphs toolbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make "Justify Text Next to an Object" work in all cases

As it stands, text wrapping around an object only responds to this preference (and justifies) when it wraps around the left and right sides of the object. It should work even if it only wraps around one side.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to assign a shortcut to [None] in the Character Styles window.

Because you sometimes want to REMOVE a character style and it would be very beneficial to be able to use a shortcut for that as well.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow negative indentation!

Please allow negative indentation!

That would make all kinds of hanging bullets, chapter numbers and outdentations easy without any workaround (like "indent everything but the headlines and lists" ...). It would make text layout faster, purer and cleaner, as the type area could be correctly defined just for the copy text.

I think this simple change should be easy to implement and bring enormous relief for our craft.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include Endnotes in Find/Change

Include Endnotes in Search options for finding and changing text

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Temporarily disable GREP styles

I'm working on a long document that uses GREP Styles. the applied styles only change the colour of text, so they don’t affect the flow of text. But they sure do slow down the program. I would like to be able to disable the GREP Styles in the paragraph style to speed up the program. The only way to disable GREP Styles is to remove them from the style definition. I duplicated the style to keep a backup of my GREP expressions, but what would be better is a way to individually disable the styles while keeping the expression in…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In Mojikumi Table, paragraph indent size to be fixed without depending on the first character

InDesign Japanese Edition 15.0 or earlier
    At present, the indent size depends on the attribute of the first character, so when the character with a different size or scale comes first, the indent amount changes.
    Instead, I want the indent to be fixed based on the text size in the paragraph style or frame grid settings.
    The attached image is the current specification.

P.S. If the first character of a paragraph has a decoration such as an underline, the decoration will also accompany the indentation. I think this is a bug.(additional.jpg)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Control paragraph rules when same styles

I love being able to control space above/below in Paragraph for consecutive application of the same Paragraph Style.

I would love to similarly apply a rule above only to the first paragraph in a sequence or a rule below only on the last paragraph in a sequence, with an interface on the Paragraph Rules pane of the Paragraph Style definition similar to the "Space between paragraphs using same style" field in the Indents and Spacing pane.

This will greatly simplify and enhance my options in an automated XML workflow with multi-paragraph fields in a newspaper production setting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. use bursh tool

Comcast enjoys both residential and commercial customers in more than 40 states and has nearly 22 million internet subscribers. It is well known for its services. It started providing internet way back in 1996 and has today established itself as a regarded business conglomerate all over the world. Comcast has left a worldwide impression with its telecommunication services and hence, Comcast users bestow their full trust in them. . After concentrated analysis of the problem, the expert will give you an instant solution Comcast Customer Service team is famous for its problem-solving skills and readiness.

https://emailsupportme.com/comcast-customer-service/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add hanging punctuation for chevrons

Hanging punction is currently not working with chevrons (« ») – which are used in Germany, Spain, Italy, France & Norway. In Quark XPress this works perfectly with one click. I am a professional typographer and would like to have this issue fixed as soon as possible. Kind regards Egil Haraldsen

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A word count that doesn’t take a year to do its job

A word count that doesn’t take a year to do its job

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes; endnotes to separate chapter

PLEASE add these features to the footnote and endnote functionality of InDesign:
    - Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes throughout the various indd files within a book document
    - Ability to put the endnotes of the different indd files within a book document in a separate .indd file at the end of the book; numbering continuous OR per chapter.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Diagonal strike through text

Please allow designers to use diagonal strike through text.

Designer should be able to ...
    - Set the trike through line for single a text selection
    - Define this in a paragraph style
    - Use it as a property in a script
    - choose a direction (top left to bottom right / Bottom left to upper right)
    - define a line thickness and color
    - choose to only display a part of the line below and on top of the text

Thanks

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?