1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Vertical Justification for entire document

We are facing more manual work for Vertical Justification during pagination process. We need a option to make Vertical Justification for entire document without disturbing in between lines space.

We already saw such option in 3B2 platform and it's very useful if we have a option for InDesign.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Font Preview Size

Please add Extra Large and Huge font preview size options as per Photoshop.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kerning Editor (with individual margin alignment options)

A Kerning Editor would fit nicely into the kerning feature, which allows to choose between optical, metrical kerning. The user would define his own kerning names.
    The Kerning Editor has a GUI which allows the user to define his own kerning pairs which override the metrical ones defined in the font's kerning tables. There I can load the metrical kerning or the optical kerning as a start for my individual kerning.
    Furthermore the new Kerning Editor has two more tokens/glyphs to kern with: the left and the right margin of a text frame. So the user can define his own…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Optical Margin Alignment to apply only to punctuation.

Optical Margin Alignment does a great job allowing quotation marks and hyphens to hang into the column gutters, but it also make characters like A, W, and T do the same, which is often too high a price to pay. Fix this by allowing an option it to only apply it to punctuation.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make character and paragraph sections of Properties panel full featured like the Character and Paragraph panels

The Properties panel is a great replacement for having the Character & Paragraph panels both open at all times. However, it's missing some functionality that's presented in the upper right menu on these panels (see attached). Some of these options aren't found anywhere else. It's a shame to need to have these panels open alongside the Properties panel. It would be preferable to add these options to the Properties panel to keep things tidy.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable Endnotes on Word Import

The new endnote feature in InDesign 2018 might be an improvement in some cases, but in the case of complex layouts with a lot of unlinked text frames within a same piece (magazine layouts) it is really not intuitive or helpful.
    There should be an option for the user to disable it when he judges it useful, rather than to be forced to work around it.
    Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Font Substitution Preferences

I often have several of the same fonts come up that I'm missing in the documents I'm working on from other people. I think it would be great to be able to have a user preference to define a specific font I have to replace it automatically rather than just a default font.

This could also help with fonts that are technically the same, but one is an open type vs post script version.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pair Kerning

There are many occasions where a specific pair of letters do not kern properly, such as ". I would like to be able to select the pair of letters from a particular font that I want kerned throughout an InDesign document, and have them automatically kerned. I don't want to have to apply a style to each instance, or find and replace each instance.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to disable missing-font notification

Please add an option in the preferences that enables the user to ignore missing fonts when opening a document. It's possible to disable notification of missing images -- please do the same for fonts.

Reason: I often get documents from customers and don't have the fonts. Dismissing the dialogs that tell me that the document I'm opening contains missing fonts gets tedious. I easily dismiss the dialogs dozens and dozens of times.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Diagonal Strikethrough

An upgrade to the existing strike through option with new settings that allow for diagonal lines. I've added a mockup of the character style options.

This would be an awesome little update wich has many uses and make the life of a lot of InDesigners easier.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Insert special character — Unicode compliance

Unicode is required to meet accessibility standards and several forms of publishing technologies.

The keyboard shortcuts and right-click/opt-click Insert Special Characters shortcuts need to be updated to insert the Unicode versions of these glyphs.

The Unicode glyph charts are at www.Unicode.org

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Define word count when filling placeholder text

When creating documents waiting on content to be supplied, would be great to be able to define number of words or paragraphs for placeholder text to help accurately identify space that may be required.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Non-uniform spacing AND rounded corners

I would love to be able to set the inset spacing of top, bottom, left and right independent of one another in a text box that has rounded corners. My current work around is to have multiple boxes-one with a rounded corner and another with text. If it were all apart of one box, it would make my workflow faster and all of the boxes would be uniform and easier to make changes to.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Uncheck Shared Hyperlink Destination by default

In the panel 'New Hyperlink' the box 'Shared Hyperlink Destination' is by default checked. I always (must) uncheck it. Two questions: can I reset these default-settings somewhere. (I think not - but I'll like to do that). There is no possibility to put this check on/off under a shortcut. That should be nice for automation-purpose.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Incorporate of Indian rupee symbol ₹ on the default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+4 for Indesign and Illustrator

Please incorporate indian rupee symbol ₹ on the default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+4 for Indesign and Illustrator.

This is a default keyboard shortcut for all application to type Indian rupee symbol and Microsoft has released a patch for the same.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make "Paste without formatting" work for any type of text in clipboard

If I want to paste text into InDesign and use the destination formatting rather than whatever the source is, I'm hard-wired to use "ctrl + shift + V". However it appears that if the contents of the clipboard are plain text, this command isn't available, presumably because InDesign thinks it's not necessary.

This means that the interface is inconsistent, because sometimes you need ctrl + V and sometimes you need ctrl + shift + V, depending on what's on the clipboard.

The option should always be available so that if you want plain text you can use the ctrl +…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow import of endnotes as plain text

I have to be honest. The footnote / endnotes automation in Indesign is a complete failure. I absolutely HATE it!!! Please, allow me to turn this feature off, and import endnotes as plain text in the same text flow as the article. Seriously, the addition of the automated endnotes feature has damaged my relationship with Adobe. It is just terrible.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow footnotes to renumber in same document

When importing a Word document with footnotes or endnotes that are continuous, add feature to begin renumbering footnotes from 1 for each chapter or section. It does not work in the current versions of InDesign CC even with the preferences set to renumber with each new section when the text file is linked from section to section.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base