1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

711 results found

1. Import font attributes of text used in PDF comments such as underscore, bold, italic, etc.

Import font attributes of text used in PDF annotation such as underscore, bold, italic, etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. editable text from illustrator

Make editable text from illustrator already. Jeez.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Non-uniform spacing AND rounded corners

I would love to be able to set the inset spacing of top, bottom, left and right independent of one another in a text box that has rounded corners. My current work around is to have multiple boxes-one with a rounded corner and another with text. If it were all apart of one box, it would make my workflow faster and all of the boxes would be uniform and easier to make changes to.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make 'Character Style' have bullet options

It would be useful to be able to define bullets as part of a character style, rather than a separate paragraph style.

Often, bullet paragraphs only differ from the body text by the addition of a bullet and the associated indent.

Being able to define bullets as a character attribute, rather than a paragraph style, would allow more flexibility with the new options concerning consecutive paragraphs of the same style (borders, spacing).

If I have a paragraph of text and then a couple of paragraphs of bullets, but the bullets were defined by a character style I could have a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Incorporate of Indian rupee symbol ₹ on the default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+4 for Indesign and Illustrator

Please incorporate indian rupee symbol ₹ on the default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+4 for Indesign and Illustrator.

This is a default keyboard shortcut for all application to type Indian rupee symbol and Microsoft has released a patch for the same.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add Latin dictionary

Include a Latin dictionary in InDesign's default dictionary. It would be nice not to have to tell InDesign to ignore every instance of various scientific terms, or Latin mottos, etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a vertical type tool.

I'm a sign designer. I use AI and ID in tandem to output mass amounts of signs with variable copy (using data merge feature); such as unit IDs, where the numerals change. Sometimes the design of these include vertical type.

Not having a vertical type tool is crippling to my workflow, as I have to fumble my way through the type on a path option (which often doesn't space consistently, or do it manually.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pair Kerning

There are many occasions where a specific pair of letters do not kern properly, such as ". I would like to be able to select the pair of letters from a particular font that I want kerned throughout an InDesign document, and have them automatically kerned. I don't want to have to apply a style to each instance, or find and replace each instance.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More control with paragraph shading

I would like more control over the space insets in the paragraph shading options. When a long paragraph of text flow on to the next page there is no way to control the spacing above (padding) when we're in the middle of the paragraph and "clip to frame" is checked. It is possible to get away with it if the distance from the top-margin and the first baseline is sufficient, but most of the time I want more space. I think it would be better if the text was forced down to the second baseline if necessary. The end goal…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a more functional font menu please!

Make the fonts menu more functional.

Show larger font samples
    Let user see selected text or custom text as sample text (instead of just using "sample")
    Ability to sort between serif, san-serif, decorative, handwritten, etc. Even if this means user needs to create "tags" to organize their own font libraries.

See the typekit website or any website that sells fonts. Do it like that.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Anonymous responded

The above functionality apart from having a different Sample text for font is now available in the latest version of InDesign i.e. InDesign CC 2018

12. Paragraph shading (and borders) should be able to clip/inset based on the text box

Paragraph shading extends outside of the text box. This is especially annoying when shaded text spans over multiple pages (see screenshot: AutoShading.png). It would be great if it could automatically clip and inset based on the text box—see screenshot: HowItShouldLook.png. The current solutions I can think of are really messy and easily negated.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Better justification using OpenType Variable Font width axis

Please improve the justification options in InDesign. Variable font width axis could significantly contribute to better text justification – see the attached example.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add real Next Page Number / Previous Page Number

At present, Next Page Number and Previous Page Number actually means Next Text Frame Page Number / Previous Text Frame Page Number. It is very confusing. I suggest to add real Next Page Number / Previous Page Number which would add – surprise! – next page number and previous page number to the text.
    It would be very helpful, in situations you want to have page numbers only at one page of a spread (10/11, 12–13 etc). At the moment, there is only a stupid and slow workaround with linked text frames, which does not work in every situations.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automated Language detection

Please consider a automatic intelligence, which could automatically detect the languages used in a document.

In nearly all texts I’m typesetting for journals and specialized books, there are parts of foreign languages inside the text (quotes, citations, ...). It would be genious, if InDesign could automatically search, find, and mark those bits of foreign languages, and change the language mode for those bits, so that the correct hyphenation will be applied.

In combination with the ability to unlimit the number of character styles, that can be applied to character or text, that would be a very powerful feature.

Teach Adobe…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Thesaurus

Hi
    I have just spent 1.5 hours on a chat with your team re using a thesaurus function in InDesign (which there isn't one)
    In design is a great product and amazingly intuitive with (almost) all the functions you need to create great documents however to use a simple function like a thesaurus I need to export to a .icml thingy which creates individual files for every chapter or section (filling up my files). Then you have to open each section individually in InCopy, which then creates a document that looks more like a 80' dot-matrix print out with no…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. some difficulties when typing Hebrew and English text in same paragraph or line

the comma always moves at the wrong position than placed.
    see this video where i describe the problem

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make "Justify Text Next to an Object" work in all cases

As it stands, text wrapping around an object only responds to this preference (and justifies) when it wraps around the left and right sides of the object. It should work even if it only wraps around one side.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove Story panel, make optical alignment a paragraph attribute.

The Story panel has only one option, optical alignment, and it is badly implemented. It applies to an entire story across multiple text frames, columns, and pages, and has one value for point size regardless of the point size of the various styles used throughout the story.

Instead, make optical alignment and hanging punctuation two paragraph attributes. Allow the point size to be left black, forcing InDesign to apply the current size for each paragraph.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Find/Change "negatively" on a paragraph/character/object property (i.e., look for a style set to anything BUT 13pt)

It would be nice if find/change had to ability to search for everything BUT something. For example, if I had a style named "text" where the leading was defined as 13pt but I wanted to only find instances where the leading was NOT set the 13pt because of some local override. But these overrides might be 14pt or 15pt, but that would required 2 or more separate searches. I don't necessarily know how many paragraphs have been locally overridden from the set 13 unless I page through and look for each paragraph by sight. I realize the local Style Override…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base