1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show only Font familys in Font preview

Since the latest layout change the font searchbar improved, BUT it takes way longer to actually find a font, becouse every Version of the font is displayed, instead of the whole Family (so Arial Bold, Arial Medium etc... instead of Arial, Futura, etc). This is especially confusing, when working with similar named font familys or diffenrt varants of familys. I would suggest a option in the preferences of all Adobe programs to change etween family preview and single style preview, with the first set as default.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add hanging punctuation for chevrons

Hanging punction is currently not working with chevrons (« ») – which are used in Germany, Spain, Italy, France & Norway. In Quark XPress this works perfectly with one click. I am a professional typographer and would like to have this issue fixed as soon as possible. Kind regards Egil Haraldsen

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Underlining that skips characters with descenders

While it is a last resort in typography, when I do underline I prefer it to be just below the baseline. But this default underline overlaps descenders. Rather than having to lower underlines to avoid these clashes, could the Underline Options panel or another feature detect when an underline will overlap a descender and skip that character? - Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keyboard shortcut for inserting Unicode glyphs

Accessibility and other forms of automated publishing require the correct Unicode glyphs.

These glyphs include punctuation, math/science symbols, foreign language characters, and bullets/symbols. In 2000, Unicode became the default character set worldwide across the technology industries.

But we have no way to easily insert these glyphs into InDesign layouts. For example, if I need the math multiplication symbol rather than a lower case "x", I need to either scroll through the glyph dialogue box, or know beforehand the symbol's codepoint 2715 and type it into the Unicode field in the glyph dialogue box.

Too slow! Especially when you have to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to use a footnote multiple times on one page

I'm working with tech documents and spec lists that often have one footnote applying for several items like:

Item A
    Item B (footnote 1)
    Item C (footnote 2)
    Item D (footnote 1)
    Item E (footnote 3)

Instead of having footnote 1 listed twice (which looks very odd and consumes space), it would be awesome to have some slick way to deal with this without the need of working with crossreferences and alike.

I'm aware of adding a superscript 1 for the second appearance but it doesn't automatically counts up when adding a new footnote prior to the automatic footnote.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. text box handles: right side

Please put a handle on the righthand side of text boxes that is not hidden by either the "click to edit corners" yellow box or the text-thread button when the text box is vertically challenged, as it were. Sometimes I want a text box to maintain a specific height but need to pull it wider to the right. If the text box is tall enough, the righthand pull handle is easily accessible, but if the text box is short, there' no way to pull the box wider to the right without either making it taller or using one of the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import font attributes of text used in PDF comments such as underscore, bold, italic, etc.

Import font attributes of text used in PDF annotation such as underscore, bold, italic, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Uncheck Shared Hyperlink Destination by default

In the panel 'New Hyperlink' the box 'Shared Hyperlink Destination' is by default checked. I always (must) uncheck it. Two questions: can I reset these default-settings somewhere. (I think not - but I'll like to do that). There is no possibility to put this check on/off under a shortcut. That should be nice for automation-purpose.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow document to be editable while using "FIND FONT"

Add the ability to edit and interact with the underlying document while the FIND FONT window is open (just like we can do while the regular FIND/CHANGE window is open)

When FIND FONT is open, the ONLY thing we can do is locate/substitute fonts. We aren't able to interact with the document in any other way. Often while using FIND FONT to locate where missing fonts are used, we find that the issue is actually just some text that we forgot to style properly, or a rogue invisible character that should simply be deleted. But in order to accomplish any…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. OpenType User Interface

In this blog article there a great description how indesign can massively improving the handling with fonts and their opentype features...

https://klim.co.nz/blog/towards-an-ideal-opentype-user-interface/

https://ilovetypography.com/2014/10/25/why-a-better-opentype-user-interface-matters/

Also take a look at the Petition:
    https://ilovetypography.com/2014/10/22/better-ui-for-better-typography-adobe-petition/

Is there anything in the works?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Text from a paragraph style used in a variable does not carry any character styling

Text from a paragraph style used in a variable does not carry any character styling.

Define a variable using the text of a specific paragraph style. Add character styles to the text (or use a GREP style) and when the text is
    pulled" by the variable the character style is not reflected.

Often this is used for running headers and footers. Example: if the registered trademark symbol is added to the text, it is regular case in the variable.

This also really screws up the ToC when the paragraph style is used in a ToC

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the standard fonts within InDesign and other Adobe design softwares ALL the same across both the Mac and PC platforms.

I am a college student studying graphic design. In my classes the school provides Apple Mac computers to do our in class work. However, I own a Windows Surface Laptop. So when I need to finish projects outside of the classroom it is very frustrating to choose a font on the Mac only to have it changed because the font is not available/has to be imported on the Windows PC (vice versa). I understand that the platforms are very different from each other, but it is the same software. How hard can it be for Adobe to make the fonts…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. live font

you need live font same photoshop and illustrator

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Replace all missing glyphs

Option in the find replace dialogue to replace all missing glyphs, not just swapping one glyph for another. As far as I know, you have to go one by one throughout a document. The find/replace Opentype feature (text tab hasn't worked for me either.)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Deleting unused paragraph styles in one fell swoop

I highly recommend that Adobe updates a feature to delete all unused paragraph styles in one fell swoop instead of a file by file case.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Duplicate Table of Contents Style... Alt-[New]

Adding the possibility of duplicating TOC Style or Create New based on old one.

We still have only the option New and Edit. And all new styles have to be defined from scratch.
    Or add the shortcut Alt-[New] to create New based on old one.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restart footnote/endnote numbering after chosen Paragraph Style

Please add the possibility to reset the numbering of footnotes/endnotes in the paragraph style.

This should be a Paragraph Style Option.

If someone works in just one long tread, it would be much faster to reset footnotes or endnotes numbering automatically after specific paragraph style instead of making sections once and once again (after every reflow) .

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. editable text from illustrator

Make editable text from illustrator already. Jeez.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ID - Text warp like Ai

Hey there,

i wish i could warp my InDesign text like Ai (screenshot).

At the moment i have to warp text in Illustrator and link this .eps into InDesign...

Kind regards and big thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Find/Change "negatively" on a paragraph/character/object property (i.e., look for a style set to anything BUT 13pt)

It would be nice if find/change had to ability to search for everything BUT something. For example, if I had a style named "text" where the leading was defined as 13pt but I wanted to only find instances where the leading was NOT set the 13pt because of some local override. But these overrides might be 14pt or 15pt, but that would required 2 or more separate searches. I don't necessarily know how many paragraphs have been locally overridden from the set 13 unless I page through and look for each paragraph by sight. I realize the local Style Override…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base