Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
- or
7736 results found
-
Place Illustrator cloud files
Why can't I place Illustrator cloud files like how I can place Photoshop cloud files?
8 votes -
"Error#0: Your organize can not use it at present" while trying to publish your documents using Publish Online in InDesign
I can not export as Publish Online. It stats that error #0: Your organize can not use it at present.
8 votes -
Color Picker causes InDesign to Crash
Every time I try to use the eyedrop Color Picker tool in InDesign it causes InDesign to crash and close. It will not allow me to drag the eyedropper to pick up a color, and if I try to drag the eyedropper it makes the color box freeze to where I cannot click "Ok" or "Cancel" and I need to press the "Esc" button on my keyboard to get out of the color box. Shortly after closing the color box, InDesign will crash and close. I have tried updating InDesign to the newest version, turning on/off my computer multiple times, sending crash reports every time the issue happens, creating a new file in InDesign, closing all other applications. When I look at the activity monitor on my Mac, it says InDesign is using 99%-101% CPU. I have a new (purchased 09/2022) MacBook M1 Pro with 16GB of memory, 500GB Flash Storage (494 GB available) Version 12.6 Monterey.
Adobe InDesign 2023 Version 18.1
Steps to Reproduce this issue: Every time I try to click the eyedropper tool to change the color of either text, a line, or a background box it will cause InDesign to crash. I created a new InDesign file to see if the issue will persist in a separate file and it crashed in the new file as well.
Expected Result: I expect to click and drag the eyedropper tool to a part of a photo that has been placed in InDesign to capture the color to use for either text, a line, or a box.
Actual Results: The color box freezes to where I cannot click "Ok" or "Cancel", then InDesign will crash and close on its own and ask if I want to send a crash report. I always say yes to sending a crash report.
Every time I try to use the eyedrop Color Picker tool in InDesign it causes InDesign to crash and close. It will not allow me to drag the eyedropper to pick up a color, and if I try to drag the eyedropper it makes the color box freeze to where I cannot click "Ok" or "Cancel" and I need to press the "Esc" button on my keyboard to get out of the color box. Shortly after closing the color box, InDesign will crash and close. I have tried updating InDesign to the newest version, turning on/off my computer multiple times,…
8 votesIf you are still seeing this crash happening in InDesign, please do the following:
- do a screen recording
- attach a test file
- mention the OS version, InDesign version.
Put the screen recording and test file in a shared drive and share the location of the same with us.
Thanks,
Adobe InDesign team
-
text wrap panel grayed out
I do not have access to any functions of text wrap panel in Indesign 2022. Please see attached image. I really need this to work as I use text wrap often!
8 votes -
Font Issue InDesign 2022 (working in InDesign 2021)
I'm having an issue with a font, which isn't recognized in Adobe InDesign 2022 but is perfectly working in InDesign 2021.
Font Name: Mark OT
InDesign 17.2
macOS Monterey 12.3.1
MacBook Pro 14" 2021The font is installed on my mac and available in InDesign 2021.
Any solutions for this issue?
8 votes -
All of the sudden font doesn't appear
v17.2 InDesign
MAC OS Big Sur 11.6.5
Opening documents to make changes and fonts are missing. They are activated in Suitcase 22.0.4 and appear in Illustrator when I open a document.
Have redone preferences, caches in both InDesign and Suitcase. Tried placing the fonts in the InDesign fonts folder and the Adobe fonts folder.
Have restarted several times.
Uninstalled InDesign and reinstalled.
Not sure what to do! Please help!!8 votes -
IDML Saving Stuck at 95% in InDesign 2022 - v 17.0.1x64 - Windows 10 Pro x64
Idml Export Stuck at 95% for Indesign file (604) pages mostly text , i tried many times and resave the file in different indd file name and location, and still stuck in 95% when saving to IDML, even in exporting to IDML or Packaging the Project, the problem is the same
8 votes -
Macbook Pro Notch Cuts Into Fullscreen View
- InDesign version 17.0.1 on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
- Previewing a document in Full Screen (Shift + W) and returning to normal view (Shift + W or ESC).
- Document should be displayed below the notch, like other full screen applications do. When returning to normal view, the InDesign window should be the same size as before full screen view.
- The notch of the new MacBook Pro (2021) cuts into the preview. When returning to non-full screen view, the InDesign window is pushed down / resized so that the status bar is not visible.
8 votes -
»Create outlines« of text on a circle path is making weird things
v 17.0.1
Intel Mac
Big SurIf you have a longer text written on a circle path and try to »Create Outlines« it fails at one area: The text gets smaller and is kind of turned around.
This only happens with longer text: Short text seems to work ok.
8 votes -
High CPU usage 2022 17.0 x64
17.0 x64
Horrible consumption! This status is without opening any file in indd.8 votes -
InDesign crashes whenever story editor is opened
Story editor is unavailable because the crash happens as soon as I open it. On MacBook Air chip M1, Indesign 16.4. Also text in text frames disappears ,and F8 does not work as a shortcut to info.
8 votes -
[ID-4239165]InDesign fails to open or place files with long paths in Windows
InDesign fails to open or place files with long paths in Windows. The "Long Paths Enabled" registry setting is enabled (i.e. it is set to 1). The problem affects several functions:
From Bridge, Place > In Indesign causes "Script Alert: Error: Expected a reference to an existing File/Folder"
DataMerge in InDesign: images with long paths are skipped, i.e. aren't merged. There is no error message.
From InDesign. I cannot manually place a file with a long path through the “Place” dialog box. The dialog box will display the folder and thumbnails, but when I click the image to place it, I get the following error: “The file could not be opened. You may not have permission or the file may be in use by another application.”
All of these symptoms suggests that InDesign does not support Long Paths in Windows.
InDesign 2021 16.2.1 x64
Windows 10 Home 64-bitInDesign fails to open or place files with long paths in Windows. The "Long Paths Enabled" registry setting is enabled (i.e. it is set to 1). The problem affects several functions:
From Bridge, Place > In Indesign causes "Script Alert: Error: Expected a reference to an existing File/Folder"
DataMerge in InDesign: images with long paths are skipped, i.e. aren't merged. There is no error message.
From InDesign. I cannot manually place a file with a long path through the “Place” dialog box. The dialog box will display the folder and thumbnails, but when I click the image to place it,…
8 votesThe fix for this issue is now available in the latest update of InDesign – version 18.3 and above.
Please update to this version to get the fix.
—
Adobe InDesign team
-
Files change to 'Read Only' when I click on 'Save'
When I have updated to 16.2.1 x64 of InDesign I am experiencing an issue where files are becoming 'read only' once I have clicked save manually. I then have to re-save the document as a new filename and then go back and delete the original. It is happening when I am using Dropbox. I have experienced this using Dropbox at home and in work and has only started to happen once I have clicked 'save' manually with the latest version of InDesign
8 votes -
Indesign 16.2.1
Indesign 16.2.1 half screen cut red. when adjust windows side by side and then return back, screen cut in half and turn red. After restart it happens again. Whats that? Thanks
8 votes -
Recent files panel is unreadable
InDesign Version: 16.1
Steps to reproduce the issues: Open InDesign
Expected result: Text of recent files would be readable and not stacking text on top of itself
Actual result: Text stacks on itself and is completely unreadable.
8 votes -
InDesign does not remember window size and position
When opening a document, InDesign should remember the window size and position when it was closed. Illustrator does this, Photoshop does, this BUT NOT INDESIGN!! Why? Please fix it.
Mac, InDesign 16.1
8 votes -
Disable cross-references
InDesign is far too slow when you have too many cross-references in a single document - and by too many I mean not many at all (I have 30 in one of mine, and the document grinds to a halt all the time). Whilst opening every single document that is references helps a bit, this is far from a satisfactory solution. At a minimum it should be possible to disable cross-references whenever you want, to avoid the performance hit. It would also be a good idea to fix the cross-references issue completely, so that cross-references are not constantly being updated all the time.
InDesign is far too slow when you have too many cross-references in a single document - and by too many I mean not many at all (I have 30 in one of mine, and the document grinds to a halt all the time). Whilst opening every single document that is references helps a bit, this is far from a satisfactory solution. At a minimum it should be possible to disable cross-references whenever you want, to avoid the performance hit. It would also be a good idea to fix the cross-references issue completely, so that cross-references are not constantly being updated…
8 votes -
find/change text missing search: selection
after making a selection, the Find/Change text dialog sometimes does not offer Selection in the Search dropdown. It will be present under GREP and Object, but not Text and Glyph. Closing/reopening Find/Change does not fix it. Restarting InDesign usually fixes it...until it goes missing again.
8 votes -
Footnotes Still Disappearing: Please Update Your Customers
Adobe: The bug described in "[Performance] Footnote disappears" back in October 2019 is still plaguing users.
You can see from the comments that this issue is causing massive headaches for publishing teams.
The last update from Adobe is from March 2020 and claims that this bug is under review.
Your customers deserve a response and desperately need a fix.
8 votes -
Publish online doesn't work properly in chrome browser on new mobile devices (android)
Hi there,
We have published an interactive document with Indesign "publish online" feature. It works flawlessly in every browser, except in Chrome on some new mobiles phones with Android (not possible to go back or forward through pages or zoom). On the contrary, Interactivity and videos work properly.
We have the last indesign version (2021. Creative suite)
What's the problem?
Thanks in advance8 votes
- Don't see your idea?