Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6588 results found

1. Custom Thai character set does not display properly in composite font

In the Composite Font Editor, I defined a custom character set that includes all of the characters in Noto Sans Thai and tried specifying various Thai fonts to that character set as part of a composite font.

However, regardless of the font I specified and regardless of what fonts I specified for the other parts of the composite font in certain circumstances three Thai tone characters would not display (U+0E48, U+0E49, and U+0E4C). As far as I can tell, they do display when they are above another tone character, but they do not display if they are the only tone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. CC Libraries Saved Text issue

In CC Libraries I have pre-set headlines text set with font and kerning. When I drag and drop desired headline into page layout, the font is changed out to something completely different. I've double check the save CC text file is it's as it's should be. I'm not sure what happened or how to fix it. These headlines I use on a daily bases have have hand kerning needed to each, which is time consuming to do each time.

Screen shots are with a headline what I'm looking to change from "All you need." to "The real deal." Both are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. cc libraries deletes my text

Hello.

When adding my own text to a file in InDesign/CC Libraries (See attached image) - it deletes part of the text so I have to rewrite it again.

Example:
    'Saks' becomes 'ks'

There's a glitch and the text disappears.
    It's a collaboration work account, but can't it get more stable?

best regards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Drive File Stream causing InDesign to crash

InDesign v 14.0.2

We use Drive File Stream for all of our file storing - which has been working great until last week when opening certain files made InDesign crash repeatedly. I have tried to save as an IDML, download locally and still have the crashing problem.

When I go to open the file it will just freeze the application window, no panels visable and just the spinning Mac ball. Force quit and then reopen InDesign - then it freezes again each time upon reopening, before trying to open any files and I have to force quit again. The second…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
    We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

5. Place; inconsequent text string in dialog

When choosing File -> Place the dialog says "Open" on the selected item. In stead of "Place"
    In training on indesign i allways have to explain this. We can only Open indesign files, but we can Place other media. The dialog window should use the term Place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. dublicate layer with object group

If you dublicate a layer with a object group on it, and then ungroup (the also dublicated) objects on the new layer, they are all moved to their original layer.

This objects should stay on the new layer!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can no longer filter on fonts with lining figures

Adobe InDesign version 14.0.2

I don't know when this started happening, but it's a big issue. It's no longer possible to filter fonts based on lining figures (that is, filter out old style figures). Here's what happens:

1. With a text box selected, I click the dropdown arrow next to the font name in the Control palette.
    2. I click the Filter dropdown.
    3. With no filters selected, the font list looks as shown in the screenshot I'm attaching called Unfiltered. That screenshot shows a mix of fonts that have lining figures and those that don't.
    4. I select just the Lining Figures filter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can't add uncapitalised word to dictionary

When I come across a word with an internal capital during spell-checking, eg: iPad, the 'Add' box is live (blue) but nothing happens when I click it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Minion Pro Glyphs won't export to epub

Minion Pro glyphs won't export to epub despite license saying it's supposed to be supported. Other glyphs are working (wingdings 2 are showing in the pic). It does export to pdf, just not epub.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Duplicating Page with table and copy/pasting a table changes content of table BUG?

Version: 14.0.2

I have a table that represents a linear calendar. Each month occupies a single row. I created a table to make the calendar, with each date in its own cell. I had some trouble figuring out how to make a new cell start at 1 for each month, as it wanted to continue from the last month's last date (...32, 33, 34, ...). I managed to make it work by changing the numbering options on each individual starting cell.

However, now when I try to duplicate a page containing the calendar, or if I try to copy/paste the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. tiny ui

My UI is tiny and I can't work out how to increase the size of the menus etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adjust Layout  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Paste & Crash: The New Adobe Game

14.0.2.324 CRASH Every. SIngle. Time. I. Paste text from Word (16.26 Mac). What tha what tha????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
    We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

13. Text variables consistently break export to fixed epub, resulting in crash.

When there are multiple text variables (say in a running foot, or TOC) the export to fixed epub causes InDesign to crash. When the variables are resolved to actual text, the export works fine. I tried this in InDesign 14.0.2 and also in the Beta Build (14.0.3.407) with the same (crash) result.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. split layout view is changing so both views are the same page when I copy paste

Split layout view is changing so both views are the same page when I copy/paste. So the left is Page A, and the right is Page B. If I copy something from page A, then click on the right view to paste into Page B, the left view also becomes Page B. Rather than staying Page A. It didn't do this before, but it started a few months ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. HTML export creates random "id" values for Object styles tags

When exporting html and I check include classes, InDesign generates "id" values for Object Styles.

This could be be useful if there was a way to define the "id" value, but there seems to be no way to do that. Nor is there a way to turn it off outside of unchecking export class

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. create outlines

v 14.02
    In previous versions, when creating outlines, the newly converted text could simply be ungrouped and the "letters" could be moved and manipulated independently. Now the function is creating each line as a graphic with the only option of releasing compound path to separate the letters. This is hugely inconvenient in a larger block of text. Is this a bug or some new function/option that can be changed? Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Foot note enters the main text body after dividing a paragraph into 2 columns

Foot note enters the main text body after dividing a paragraph into 2 columns… look at the video. It says everything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Editing type size from story editor is inconsistent

This is a bug, not an idea.

When I attempt to resize text by highlighting text within the story editor, the changes I punch into the toolbar do not always commit. I often have to make 2 or 3 attempts to get my changes to successfully commit.

This issue has been persistent over many versions of Indesign, over many Mac OSes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. InDesign 2019 PDF

InDesign 2019 is changing PDF colours completely. Background is orange but on the PDF it's teal. Only PDFX1-a fixed the problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. erratic and missing cursor in text frames

My setup: Windows 10 Pro, InDesign CC 14.0.2 x64, Ben-Q monitor.
    My cursor behaves properly when I use the Select tool, but when I use the Type tool, the cursor becomes very tiny outside of a text frame. If I click within a text frame, a vertical cursor blinks. However, to maneuver within the text frame, I need to use the cursor keys on my keyboard! I've tried changing the cursor settings for my system and restarting my computer to no avail. Please do not tell me to "trash" my preferences. I've spent a lot of time setting up a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base