Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6513 results found

1. Share for review comments disappear when updating link

I am currently working with a 102 page document that is shared with several customers. Once I make edits and I update the link, all comments from myself and the customers disappear. Even after restarting my computer, updating InDesign, signing out and signing in of Creative Cloud, the problem still persists. I am working on a MAC and InDesign version 17.2.1. This problem is only happening with one project file, and I've also tried moving all of the pages to a new document with no luck. I appreciate any help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Missing font" dialog design error

In the "Missing Fonts" dialog box, the "Skip" button (B: Überspringen) is clearly highlighted. So you might think that you activate this button with "Enter". Instead, pressing "Enter" opens the "Replace Fonts" (A: Schriften ersetzen…) dialog, which has a slightly bold border.
    This is visually completely nonsensical and confusing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UI Scaling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Text wrap around anchored objects needs to work according to settings. It is inconsistent and erratic.

Text wrap refuses to wrap properly around my anchored objects regardless of anchor placement in the paragraph or text wrap offset settings.

This causes the object to overlap the text and/or have inconsistent margin offset around the object. It's erratic and inconsistent among the various objects, even though they all have the exact same object style applied.

Some of the objects wrap a little better than others - at least they're not overlapping on top of text - but the wrap margins are still inconsistent. Not a single object wraps how I believe it should based on the style attributes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2nd print job doesn't print completely

IN Design 10.4.2. Every time I print a booklet the 2nd time, the left page of the middle spread leaves gaps or doesn't print at all. I have to Reprint the range that includes that page. I am not able to upload the file here. I get the message the file Transformation8.indd is not supported.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. .TTF and .OTF font display/loading BUG InDesign 17.2

Fonts that used to load fine in InDesign appear missing even though they are installed and work in other apps like Illustrator or even Word.

Specifically this is occurring with a font that has unique glyphs: Noto Sans - Canadian Aboriginal Regular.TTF this has also been tested with a conversion to .OTF with the same result and this error has been confirmed across multiple devices.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IDML Saving Stuck at 95% in InDesign 2022 - v 17.0.1x64 - Windows 10 Pro x64

Idml Export Stuck at 95% for Indesign file (604) pages mostly text , i tried many times and resave the file in different indd file name and location, and still stuck in 95% when saving to IDML, even in exporting to IDML or Packaging the Project, the problem is the same

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IDML Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 17.4 hangs opening files

Updated to 17.4 to benefit from purported improvement on ID hang on files with missing fonts. Now opening any file causes a hang.

ID 17.4
    OS 12.5.1

Console posts "nwsockethandlesocketevent <private> Socket SO_ERROR [61: Connection refused]" message for ID (where it joins the steady stream of error messages for Illustrator)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. »Create outlines« of text on a circle path is making weird things

v 17.0.1
    Intel Mac
    Big Sur

If you have a longer text written on a circle path and try to »Create Outlines« it fails at one area: The text gets smaller and is kind of turned around.

This only happens with longer text: Short text seems to work ok.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Nav bar size change ruins my web app layout

Adobe have recently made the Nav bar at the bottom of the Publish Online interface fatter, unfortunately for my company, this means a carefully crafted web-app now has the Nav bar covering the lower part of my menu. It also on some PO documents, stays popped-up for much longer than 5 seconds, sometimes on single page documents, up to 15 seconds.
    Adobe say this is because they wanted to improve accessibility, but really they're messing with a space that shouldn't keep changing, as per the margin around PO documents they added earlier in the year. Improve the products - yes,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. snippet not retaining font

As per the Adobe forum post here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/font-not-embedding-into-snippet/m-p/13153510#M489639) , I've added a form/text field into a snippet, but when placed the font used is replaced by Myriad... the font I want is a custom TTF. Is there a recognised issue here?

If I place the *.idms file with that TextBox formfield to the same document where I exported it from all is working good. But if I do a new document and place it there the font family definition reverts to Minion Pro. The style's name will remain. E.g. Semibold if I do this with your supplied font…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PDF Export InDesign 17.2.x

InDesign 17.2.1.
    Export PDF of pages containing .psd imports with hidded layers impossible since InDesign 17.2. Works perfectly with InDesign 17.1.x

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Creating QR code for UK text message using 11 numbers (‭07875701049‬), but get error message. 'No useable data found' on iPhone camera

Hmm very limited characters to describe the bug!? I just want to report the bug, or find out if I just need to include certain UK or International telephone codes, i.e. I have used the standard 11 numbers for a UK mobile/cell phone, but have also tried adding country and area codes... but still get the same result. Why is it only giving me an option to send this message with a, 'Post idea' button?? I just want to report a bug!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. File Can't Export to PDF

I have a specific file that I cannot export to PDF. I simply get a Background Task Alert that says 'Failed to Export the PDF file.' This is the only file which gives me this problem, I'm able to export other files just fine. I am using PC, and other co-workers on Mac are able to Export the file just fine.

I'm unsure as to what the issue is because I am getting No Errors mentioned in my Preflight Panel, and the Background Task Alert isn't giving any sort of code associated with the error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Indesign Documents placed in Indesign do not show used effect after reopening

… and also export "sometimes" the wrong rendering as PDF.

After reopening the saved File with the Placed Indesign-File it always displays in a wrong way! Thats quite new! look screenshot below

I also recognized that sometihing changed in handling with the effects in Indesign. Especially if I copy objects from Indesign to Photoshop (a thing i made over years without problems) .... the look as it was in Indesign changes unfortunally. The only solution is at the moment to export the parts as pic and open it than in Photoshop, to be save evrything is as wanted.

This tells…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. footnote

body text is overlapping with my footnote. I have to readjust the text box very slightly to reset or something to make sure it doesnt overlap and go to the next page. I am dealing with hundreds of foots and having to check each pages for this issue is taking considerable amount of my time. Kindly fix thank you.

I am using indesign 2022 17.3
    I am using Macos catalina ver 10.15.7

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Boards are not displaying

All I can see is a grey screen surrounded by my tools and panels, as though I had hidden my pages. My cursor works as normal, identifying objects and texts, and can even select and move them, but nothing is shown. Occasionally a pdf file will be visible as part of a glitch. I have tried updating my Mac, Indesign, and restarting both.

Version: Adobe InDesign 2022
    Steps: opening any of my files
    Result: empty screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Edit page format: Change Landscape/Height Format

Changing landscape/portrait format via Pages > Edit Page Format does not change the orientation. Direct input of values does not either, only if the values are not equal to the original format.
    See video.
    Version 17.3. macOS 12.4

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug: Page selector not correct after opening next file

Indesign v17.1, Windows 10
    Problem: when opening a second document while the first currently is on page 22, for example (see screenshot), and then tiling, the 2nd document is shown to be on page 22 as well, though it's not. With the 2nd document being on master page C-Rear EA, the page selector not only shows 22, it also has the checkmark put next to 22 when you open the dropdown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UI Scaling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Indesign M1 Beta expired

The beta suddenly stopped working and won't allow med to access InDesign on the M1 machine, no update on the Creative cloud installer beta section, and removing and reinstalling the app doesn't solve it.

Will there come a new beta update soon?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Preview glitches.

ID 17.2.1
    Zooming in/out in a document sometimes displays glitches/artifacts that block the view of the actual design.
    Moving the window or dragging the document around the pasteboard fixes the issue; still, it's annoying because it blocks one from working properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base