Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't press 'Done' in Adobe Comp after adding columns and guides

If I go to settings, add guides, I will not be able to get out of the settings as the done button does not work

Worked with support and they are saying it is not a bug, but offered no further steps other than posting here

Case ADB-7060282-R3X8

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Type Tool Flicker

Specs:

InDesign CC2018 (13.1)

Mac Pro Late 2013

Mac OS Mojave (10.14.3)

64 GB RAM

AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB

Any document when first opened will blink the document window (not the entire screen - just the document) when clicking into a frame with the Type tool.

It occurs one time only then the remainder of work on that document is fine.

Open another document, issue reoccurs.

Double-clicking a text frame with the Selection tool will not blink and take you into the text frame without issue.

I've reset ID Prefs, removed all third party plugins and zapped my PRAM…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Updating to Mac OSX Mojave, Indesign now behaving slow and shortcut make new document does not work anymore

Drawing a box, moving it around etc is now a kind of laggy. Moves but slow and kind of stuttering.

The GUI overall, menus etc, behaves a bit slower as well. Not much but not as quick and responsive at it was in Sierra.

Have tried de-activating GPU but that has no difference at all.

I have the latest version, 14.0.2.
    Updated to Mojave because the Adobe chat support suggested that would help out some other issues I have had.
    One reason was that command + new shortcut stopped working. And now it stopped working again...

Same thing happens in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. InDesign opens two files when only one selected.

When I open a file, InDesign will open another file at the same time, one that I didn't select. Not a horrible inconvenience, but why is this happening?

InDesign CC 14.0.1 x 64

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unusable actual InDesign CC 2019

Actually InDesign is not production ready. Every few seconds the beach ball spins. I found a workaround which is … well ok but not satisfying: As long as I work in the idml-file it works but as soon as I'm opening an indd file the program slows down extremely.

That can't be the solution! Why don't you see that?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. InDesign performance issue: Lags when selecting and moving items using wacom tablet

On a iMac with 32 GB RAM running under macOS 10.14.4 (18E226) InDesign v.14.0.2.324 with Wacom Intuos Pro tablet (6.3.24-1) in some documents cursor / items handling is unresponsive, lagging or too sensitive (click is registered when there was no click, dragging happens yet it wasn't been ignited).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. InDesign 14 opening network files as read-only

We have been using InDesign for a while with files being stored on a network SMB share. on 4/4/19, after a few folks updated to 14.02, the Indesign and Incopy files are primarily only able to be opened as read-only.

Network server permissions have been verified and no other changes have occurred in our environment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please help us with answers to the below queries:

1. OS version of the machine where issue is reproducible.
    2.Are the files opened simultaneously by more than one user?
    3. Does the same file which is opened as Read Only in Id 14.0.2, when opened in Id 14.0.1 opens fine?
    4. Does remounting the SMB drive fixes the issue?

8. AIGPU sniffer

Hi I keep having two problems with CC. It seems that Every adobe product that I use opens AIGPU sniffer in ICONS of "last used". Kind of annoying to see that on my OS toolbar all the time.

Second problem is a spacebar hand problem - even I have seen some solutions it seems it is always something different that interrupts this feature - this is crucial tool to use.

Both of those bugs I noticed right after I downloaded another update for CC that I always do and I expect to have some bugs on the start - got…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Short Cut Keys no longer work in Indesign 2019

Indesign 2019
    Most of the old standard short cut keys no longer work and I cannot find anywhere what the new ones are or if I can change to a legacy mode. I'm talking basic old school short cuts like "space" to bring up the hand tool temporarily and the "shift" key to proportionately scale an object. Can anyone help me out with this as my productivity is grinding to a halt and I am not happy one bit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CEPHtmlEngine

La roue tourne sans cesse dans Indesign 2017 !!! Le moniteur d'activité indique que le CEPHtmlEngine ne réponds pas. J'ai trouvé 2 solutions sur le site d'Adobe pour Indesign 2015 qui ne fonctionne pas. Insupportable.
    Une réinstallation du logiciel ne change rien…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. shortcuts, backspace, arrows left right up down stopped working

InDesign 14.0.1 x64 (PC) Keyboard shortcuts, text backspace, arrows left-right-up -down stopped working

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. locked objects

InDesign CC 2019 14.01, iMac OSx 10.13.6

Serious lag (+10 seconds) and inability to move or edit objects occurs whenever there are locked objects in the layout. I was able to select (after a long delay) but not move or edit a simple text+shape group while I had background and secondary elements locked. Once those were unlocked, the app started to work again as normal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. can't move elements

I could not move an element on a page (happens to be a circle, with a stroke applied to it). I tried creating a new circle with the ellipse tool and copying the attributes with the eye dropper tool; this too I could not move. I tried creating a new circle and applying the attributes manually; again, this too I could not move.

I must say, I am REALLY not impressed with this latest "update" to inDesign. The amount of bizarre behavior by the software is making my work a struggle lately.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. some pages are not displayed

when scrolling, some pages are not displayed (always the same). The work plan remains black. You have to double-click twice in the pages panel (where they remain displayed) to see them displayed on the desktop.
    My document has 116 pages and 18 layers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pages window not open

InDesign CC 14.0 x 64 running on Win 10 Pro November 2018.
    The Pages Window stayed open at startup on previous InDesign CC. Now it is closed, other windows like Paragraph Styles and Info stay open, but not Pages.
    Can this be fixed please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. InDesign 2019 scrubby zoom no longer works (command + space + click)

Prior to InDesign 2019, you can press command + spacebar + click to be able to activate the scrubby zoom feature.

Now when you press command + spacebar + click you just draw a box that once you unclick, it zooms to that space... Very undesirable..

Did a preference change on the update somewhere that I don't know about? Because I can not find this feature in the Preferences now.

Please advise.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature you are talking about is called ‘Animated Zoom’ (it’s Mac only feature).
    It is turned ON by default on Mac machines having a GPU card with a compatible monitor attached.
    Check the Document Name in its tab – does it say ‘GPU Preview’? If not, press Shift+E to switch to this mode.
    Also, check under Preferences > GPU Performance and see if ‘Animated Zoom’ is checked ON. It should be enabled for this feature to work.

Adobe InDesign team

17. gridify when placing images

In Version CC2019 (14.0) the gridify function misbehaves when placing images.
    With the gutter-dimension changed for 1 spread the gridify function keeps the same spacing as with the other pages. For drawn shapes using the gridify-function everything acts normal. MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AIGPUSNIFFER NOT WORKING CC2018 MOJAVE 10.14

Io lavoro con un iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) , macoli Mojave 10.14, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096MB, e quando apro INDESIGN CC2018 mi appare sempre AIGPUSNIFFER che non funziona.

Cosa posso fare?

Grazie

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Splitting large documents using Extendscript Toolkit script hangs InDesign v.14 for several minutes

Running script (extendscript) that takes a large document and splits it into individual documents based on their section hangs for several minutes before completing task in InDesign v14. Prevous version (v13) of InDesign did not have this hanging issue and complete task quickly. Attached is the script (and referenced script) used.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Files opening but nothing is visible.

I have InDesign open and when I click a file to open or try to open a file from the program it expands as if it were about to open but then all I see is my desktop. When I ctrl click on ID in my dock and click "show all windows" that attached screen shot is all that I see. Please help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base