Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

859 results found

1. Scroll bars and status bar disappear in InCopy

InCopy scrollbars and status bar (page navigation) disappear and there doesn't seem to be an identifiable way of turning these back on. Working on a corporate device so cannot test the 'Run as administrator' fix that is suggested on another forum online.

Scrollbars and status bars are available on start up but disappear if you use the zoom tools, the device sleeps, or if you are active in another window (e.g. a browser) for some time (not sure precisely how long). Closing and reopening the program fixes the issue, but it is irritating to have to check in all stories,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. No Redraws on Object Highlight

Prerequisites

• macOS version only
    • version 18 (2023) and later
    • Screen Mode: Normal
    • GPU Performance OFF (CPU Preview)

This issue occurs 100% of the time under these conditions. Note that Overprint Preview forces CPU Preview, causing the issue even in Overprint Preview mode with GPU Performance ON. It persists across macOS versions and Intel/Apple Silicon platforms.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Prepare an InDesign document with multiple pages.
    2. Place any object on the page.
    3. Switch to the Text tool.
    4. Hover the mouse over the object (MouseEnter), without selecting it.
    5. Press the Cmd key while the mouse is over the object.
    6. The object is…
    16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Inaccurate Type 1 Warning

This issue is purported to be fixed, but I'm still getting a false type one warning after upgrading to the last version of InDD 18. (18.5.2). The flagged font is Whitney Black, the only font out of the the entire OT Whitney family that's installed on my MacBook pro that gets flagged. Whitney Black also shows up twice on my font list, even though there is only one version installed and used in my stylesheets. The font is clearly OT in the replace font dialog box, does not trigger a preflight warning and exports fine to PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Spellcheck isn't working. I have set my language to English, but no matter what I do it reverts to "Finnish" language.

Spellcheck isn't working. I have set my language to English, but no matter what I do it reverts to "Finnish" language the minute I try to start using Spellcheck. Then everything gets flagged as an error. Please fix this bug ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. fit frame to content no longer working at all

fit frame to content no longer working as top toolbar click icon shortcut or pulldown or help since recent sonoma update to 14.4.1

ID2022 17.4.1 mac OS intel iMac 2020

already restarted numerous times. recently had to start over for prefs/settings -- that is a waste of time & ridiculous to have to do it every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. critical display problems! please fix it!

New version from 19.0–19.3 causes terrible display/view problems! See the attached screenshot (actions: opened an indd file, zoom in, zoom out...).
    Fix it please, it's unusable in this state!
    Older version 18.5.2 works normally on the same machine!

Indesign (19.0—)19.3
    Apple Mac Mini M1 16GB
    OSX Sonoma 14.4

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. iMac M3 gets very hot and uses excessive CPU while working with InDesign 2024, fan is constantly running

I am working on InDesign 2024 version with Apple iMac M3 processor, and as long as the InDesign window is open, even if I do not do anything, the iMac gets very hot and the fan is constantly running. This is not a normal situation at all.
    I'm reporting this to the Adobe team for information. I noticed that InDesign did not have this problem when I disconnected it from the internet. However, when the connection is lost, InDesign crashes after a while. You can see the CPU values it uses in the attached image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dialogue windows open at full screen, and will not scale down or move

When I open, place, export or save a document, the dialogue window automatically goes to full screen and is not scalable or movable, even though I can select the border or the corner with the cursor (and see the cursor change to confirm I have the window border), it will not resize or move.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix the touchpad

Just fix the touchpad please. I've already discussed it In detail on the Adobe community (https://shorturl.at/hAPZ8), but the touchpad is not working well at all. Now it's just less worse than 19.0 but still not working properly. You can't pinch to zoom, unlike Illustrator for example, and in general, it's not smooth at all. Trying to scroll through a project is a challenge; it scrolls in jumps with almost zero control over it. Centering the project on the PC is impossible without control 0.

Win11 23H2 22635.2915

Here's the full URL if you don't trust the shortened one: …

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Color Profile Warnings when copying Objects and Text within the same Document

Mismatching color profile warnings are very helpful when copying objects between documents with different profiles, which is why this is an always-on option for me.

However, for some time now, such warnings seem to pop up randomly when I copy text between documents with the same profile settings, and sometimes even when copying text from one text box to another within the same document.

My understanding is that this is a bug, as live text in an INDD cannot have different profiles. Is there a way to avoid these warnings and still get them when they are necessary (copying between…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Edit Hyperlink allows pasting newlines

The hyperlink editor only supports single line editing, but if you paste a URL with a preceding lewline character, the editor keeps the new line. This makes the error non-obvious to the user. It is also impossible to remove the newline in the editor because it is a single-line editor, so it does not recognize that the newline is there. Since newlines are not allowed in URLs and in fact break them, my suggestion is to strip newline characters from URLs when pasted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. InDesign Window Keeps Moving

I keep running into issues with my InDesign application window moving around. The window continually resizes itself slightly or moves to the side of the monitor (cutting off access to some of the tools) when I haven't tried to resize it. This isn't a 'once in a while' issue; it's happening consistently, multiple times a session.

I'm running Indesign 2024 on a MacBook Pro with Apple M2 Pro Chip and macOS Ventura 13.5.1.

The issue also persists on my laptop monitor and when connected to external monitors (I run one 4K colour-accurate monitor and one standard 1080p monitor).

It would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Indesign Auto-Save No Longer Included in App

Adobe InDesign Version 19.2
    Using MacBook Pro Max M3 16-Inch, Nov 2023
    Running MacOS Sonoma Version 14.3.1

Apparently there was previously an option in InDesign which auto-saves your documents as you go (with options in Preferences to specify how often you wished the app to auto-save the active document from 1 to 60 minutes). This feature is similar to what Adobe Premiere Pro app has -- even while saving via the "Save As" feature (which overwrites a previous version with the same file name), the auto-save application feature saves the document as you work with it, so that you can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Text wrapping Bug Verson 19,2

When I tab a text box, Text wrapping an image doesn't work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 19.2 Performance (esp. Type Tool)

Starting with version 19, but especially with v. 19.2 (MacBook using Sonoma 14.3.1), InDesign just SLOGS. Every time I select the Type Tool, it's about 3-4 full seconds (including the "spinning ball" every time) before the type tool is accessible to me.

I am a long-time power user of InDesign and this is incredibly frustrating. My brain and hands now work much faster than the application — didn't always used to be true. Click and wait...click and wait...click and wait. That's what using InDesign is like now. For 700 bucks a year. Yuck!

Have you made the program TOO FAT,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. gpu view corrupt!

Apple Mac Mini M1, 16GB / Adobe InDesign 19.2: even after today's update, GPU view doesn't display correctly some objects on the page! CPU view ok, overprint view ok, but after switching to GPU view, some objects disappear! Please see the attached footage.
    Adobe InDesign 18.5.1 on the same machine works ok with the same document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need the ability to change colors of SVG files when linked to InDesign from CC Libraries.

When saving icons from Illustrator as SVG files into CC Libraries, these icons only have the ability to change their color when linked back to Illustrator. If you pull from CC Libraries into InDesign, you are unable to change the color of the icon in InDesign. The ability to do so would be very helpful for workflow when designing print files. This will avoid the need to save icons in multiple color versions in CC Libraries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Window jumps to maximum size in 19.2

Since version 19.2, InDesign's window behavior has been weird and wrong. With each mouse click it jumps to the maximum window size. If I resize the window, the next mouse click will maximize it again. Very annoying. This is only in 19.2. I have a Mac Studio M1 and a 49-inch Dell U4919DW monitor (size 5120 x 1440 pixels), so I don't want to work at the full size of the screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Small implied movement when selecting elements

I have an issue with the latest versions of InDesign.
    Whenever I select any element/object/text/images etc inside my Page or any pages, there is a delay in the selection with a tiny registered displacement of the selected object by one or 2 pixels.

My only solution to fix it is to Cmd+z to invert the latest action that resulted from it. I didn't have that issue a month ago and it is very disruptive, could say that it is anti-productive. I am running Indesign on the latest version of Mac OS sonoma on a M1 max machine. The problem occurs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Safari stops rendering while InDesign is open

macOS Sonoma 14.2.1, M1 Mac mini 16Gb
    InDesign 19.1 AppleSilicon
    Safari 17.2.1

When InDesign opens, Safari stops rendering pages. Each tab in the web browser window becomes black.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base