Bug details

I lost all Save, Save As, Undo functionality (everything is grayed out). To save my work, I have to export as an IDML .

Lost all Save, Save As, Undo functionality while working.
To save my work, the only thing to do is to export as an IDML file. Force quitting to recover the file doesn't work. This has been happening to me since InDesign 5.5. I am currently using InDesign CC 2018. There are no particular steps, it happens at random. I can have several files open and it only happens to one file, or sometimes it's more than one file. It happens whether I'm working off of my Desktop or on our server.

86 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mandy Fortuna shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

210 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MWallace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue just started. I finally switched to CC after years of CS5 and it was fine for the past month until now. I am on Mojave OS. The only new thing I've done in the last week is update the apps...hmm. It also won't let me go back to a prior edit (control Z on mac) which is hugely annoying.

• Moriah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've also been having issues with the save, save as and undo functions. It happens on selective documents.

So far I've been able to save as an IDML, restart InDesign and the functions appear again, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do this.

• Simon Barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since running the latest update, randomly I can't save, save as, copy or paste. Been working on a document for over an hour hitting cmd-s regularly thoroughout without realising it wasn't actually working.
    From this thread it looks like I'm not the only one this is happening to and is a MASSIVE issue.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

having this same problem. in the middle of working on a project and suddenly no undos

• Mireille Fiset commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this problem on my iMac at home and on the iMac at the publicity agency where I work.
    Can it be fixed fast you think ?
    Thanks in advance !

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having this same issue! Gray Save and Save As an no undo options ether.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just lost 5h of work. tried to package and export and it crashed. Where in indesign I can send the bill for those 5h?

• KT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got this problem of not being able to Save, Undo in Adobe InDesign ..., these are the most essential functions and it does not work!!! People are paying monthly fee for this software and the most essential function is not working even properfly!!!

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing this problem and need a fix ASAP! Does anyone have a working fix???

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base