Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6483 results found

1. não consigo caracter especial

não consigo inserir número de paginas como caracter especial. Faço o procedimento correto mas no final ele não insere o caracter.
    só fica o prompt piscando dentro da caixa de texto.
    E não sei porque a minha master page está cinza quando eu seleciono ela em vez de estar azul!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. invalid index reference

Can´t create Index!
    Error message is (Translations): Can´t create index. At Least one reference contains faulty markers. Delete faulty markers from index references.

HOW DO I FIND THESE? Can´t find anything wrong in the Index list or the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Right swiping a hyperlink and then right clicking produces inconsistent context menu

Hi there,

If I have a hyperlink as plain text and then highlight it, then right-click the area, I sometimes get an option to turn it into a hyperlink and other times I get the spell checker menu with not such option.

It would be good if the option to turn text into a hyperlink was always visible when you right-clicked highlighted text. I have dynamic spell checking turned on.

Kind regards
    Mike H

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UI Scaling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. InDesign 2020 freezes when placing articles with endnotes (big file)

Working with a approximately 500 paged book, 30 articles with endnotes.

Now with 20 articles / 300 pages done, InDesign 2020 freezes when placing new articles.

Please, please, please: fix the issue with a possibility to keep all endnotes in a separate ID-file (linking endnotes to other ID-files)! Because of this, now forced to have the whole, massive book in one ID-file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
    We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

5. Working with files from a very fast server,

We are having issues with using files on server with someone who has a file open in indd and while watching their own computer screen see someone else actually changing text in the file on their computer. How is this possible, we never had this problem before until 2 weeks ago. I thought that when the first person opens a file and the ldbk file is created, only the first person has full access. Everyone else would then have read only access?? Help? By the way we have been using this method for 14 years without issues until now>>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Symbol Font Character Set Alt Codes not working

Symbol Font Character Set Alt Codes not working.
    Some Alt Codes Short Cuts not working in Indesign, but the same font is working fine in Pagemaker, Adobe CC Acrobat DC Pro, Coreldraw, Microsoft Word, and all other applications, but not working Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro as well as Indesign CC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Symbol Font Character Set Alt Codes not working

Some Alt Codes Short Cuts not working in Indesign, but same font is working fine in Pagemaker, Adobe CC Acrobat DC Pro, Coreldraw, Microsoft Word and all Other applications, but not working Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro as well as Indesign CC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Symbol Font Character Set Alt Codes not working

Some Alt Codes Short Cuts not working in Indesign, but same font is working fine in Pagemaker, Adobe CC Acrobat DC Pro, Coreldraw, Microsoft Word and all Other applications, but not working Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro as well as Indesign CC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. InDesign 15.0.1 Find/Change dialog does not show on OSX Catalina 10.15.2

InDesign 15.0.1 Find/Change dialog does not respond to either keyboard prompt nor to pulldown menu choice. Was working fine all morning. Just stopped. Strange?? Any cure??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Proportion lock is ignored when scaling.

I've placed a bitmap on my page. When scaling it with the scaling tool and the proportion lock engaged, proportions aren't maintained.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Scaling with the Scale Tool scales the objects without taking into consideration the Constraint Lock icon, it works independently of the state of this icon. Only when you use the W & H fields, the Constraint icon is used.
    So, it is not a bug. You can also see this work similarly in Adobe Illustrator too.

Adobe InDesign team

11. Bounding box is always on the outside of the stroke

Ever since I updated to the latest InDesign (InDesign 15.0.1), the bounding box is always on the outside of the stroke so instead of objects snapping to the box they are snapping to the outside of the stroke.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can't change bounding box size when stroke is applied

InDesign 15.0.1

When I create a rectangle with fancy corners, when I change the stroke to the outside it won't let me adjust the size of the box. If I grab the side and drag it to where I want it snaps into place smaller. If I go up to the tool bar at the top & try to change it that way regardless of whether I try to change it bigger or smaller it just makes it smaller & it doesn't just go 1px at a time it changes 6px+ & if I try to just do vertical it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 12/05/19 Updates in Indesign

Update on 12/05/19 caused stability issues in Indesign. Since this update, my indesign has been crashing, unresponsive, and about as bad as AI. This program is my workhorse and I need it to function. Documents take about 5-10 minutes to open, even longer to save, and scrolling in multi-page documents is tough because it lags so hard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
    We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

14. InDesign 15.0.1 create new guides stops working and all guides disappear

Mac 10.13.6, InDesign 15.0.1. Repeatable bug. Not related to having any browsers open.

Create new document, can drag guides to page and see them OK. Paste elements on to page, still OK to create guides Adjust margins and columns, still OK.

THEN, adjust Document Setup (for me, adding bleed) and all guides disappear. You can drag a guide from rulers and it looks like it is there, but when you click elsewhere on the screen then that guide disappears.

Please get this sorted. I am sorry to say that this version of InDesign appears to be the buggiest version in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. triple click paragraph takes next paragraph style instead of selected

Triple click paragraph and paste new text takes paragraph style from next paragraph instead of the selected paragraph meaning you have to manually select the paragraph if you have a header or different paragraph style immediately after the text you wish to replace.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. swatches

When trying to change color values on a existing color in the swatches options panel the number and text apear all scrambled. If I change any value of the color and it save InDesign collapse every time.

Two issues:
    • text scrambled
    • app closes when changing color values

Any help we be greatly appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. zooming at high percents very slow and beach ball

Hello,
    when I’m zooming in Indesign like in an Poster or Flyer with some images and some other objects at 2400 % Indesign get very slow and when I move an object, the beach ball comes up.
    At 3200% and 4000% its not possible to move any objects without struggling with the beach ball.

I’m using an 2017 MacBook Pro
    Indesign CC 2020

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. InDesign hyperlink testing swamps my website and triggers my site's denial-of-service-attack banning on my IP

InDesign does checking of hyperlinks to see if they are valid and indicates the result in the hyperlinks list with a green dot (good) or a red dot (bad).

The problem is my document has 500+ hyperlinks to my website and when Adobe tests these hyperlinks (when I open up the hyperlinks list dialog), it swamps my website with hundreds of hyperlink hits all at once and triggers the denial-of-service-attack IP banning code on my website.

The end result is any time I'm editing hyperlinks in my Adobe InDesign document, I get banned from my website! When I check the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PDF Comments not working

ID 15.0.1 Mac

Import PDF comments from file, including strikethroughs, replaced text, comments

Faithful transfer of all edits to ID file

Edits not being applied properly in ID file, though clearly present when PDF is viewed in Acrobat. It usually just deletes the text rather than replacing it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ralewey

Hi,
    I've a problem with Ralewey Google Font on inDesign. It seems that it does't work when I choose the italic version of the font with Cyrillic. but Boogle provide the italic version of the font.
    Could you please help me?
    ciao
    luca

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here