Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Textskalierung mit shortcut und mouse funktioniert nicht mehr

• InDesign 14.0.3.

• Textrahmen mit Text aktivieren, gedrückten Taste (cmd und alt soweit ich mich noch erinnere), mit Maus Textrahmen Ecke anfassen und ziehen um zu skalieren
      -> Das ging früher, ist aber seit einigen Versionen nicht mehr verfügbar oder verändert. Ich finde es nicht mehr und auch keinen Hinweis darauf, wo es jetzt ist

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Character Alternates Contextual Menu not working in InDesign with Hebrew Support

Note the following checkbox:

Preferences > Advanced Type > Type Contextual Controls > Show for Character Alternates, Fractions, Ordinals and Ligatures

If checked, whenever a character is selected a contextual menu with alternates should appear (if supported by the font, of course).

It's working in the English (International) version, but not in the English (Hebrew Supporting) version.

More details:
    InDesign 15.0.2 English (Hebrew Supporting)
    macOS Catalina 10.15.4

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Variable fonts broken with World Ready Paragraph Composer

Using the World-ready composer essentially breaks the glyph width interpolation of Variable Fonts. The outcome is that text set in a Variable Font will receive the Variable Font's default style's horizontal glyph widths for any axis location, resulting in unusable overlap or gaps.

Attached you find a sample Indesign file with comparison and a screenshot thereof. This happens with any Variable Font I have tested so var, but to complete the same test case as included, download https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-sans-pro/releases/download/3.006R/source-sans-pro-3.006R.zip and install VAR/SourceSansVariable-Roman.otf as well as OTF/*.otf files.

Link to Indesign file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8fpld7ks7k8rb4/bug-report-variable-font-world-ready-composer.indd?dl=0

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. avenir font glitch, HELP

Recently did Indesign update, now my Avenir font glitches across all of my documents and comes up as gibberish. Sometimes if I close Indesign and reopen it will view fine, other times it will not. Typically it will not view correctly. This is a basic system font. I cleared all fonts on my system and did a restart incase an installed font was causing the issue, it was not the issue. My co-worker is having the same issue as well on her end.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Command-O or command-N doesn't work after Indesign starts up.

This has been an annoying bug for a while. If you open indesign, then use the command-O or command-N key to open/create a file, nothing happens. You just get an alert sound.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Incopy with Conditional text not holding

I design electrical manuals in InDesign, some text is shared between books using InCopy. Some of the text is product specific so I use Conditions to turn that text off and on. But when I create the Condition in one book and then open the book with shared InCopy links, that text and everything after it is now that same Condition.
    I tried everything to fix this. The only workaround I found to work is making the Paragraph Return before the text I want Conditioned and leaving the Paragraph return after my text Unconditional will work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. cross-reference

Quando cerco di inserire un rimando non riesco a visualizzare il numero di pagina riferito al rimando.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. page pallet

1. Indesign 15.1.1 and earlier versions - English supporting Hebrew.

2. When I create a document with binding right-to-left the page pallet numbers are blurry and hard to read this is not an issue when the document has binding left-to-right. See screen video and screen shot attached.

I am using Windows 10 latest version, but this has been an issue for many year now

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. harfbuzz

Compile Harfbuzz with Graphite support enabled.

InDesign 2020 uses Harfbuzz for complex script rendering. Harfbuzz has the capability to use Graphite instructions for rendering complex scripts, but Adobe has compiled Harfbuzz without Graphite support.

Graphite is needed for rendering some character combinations used in languages which are not supported by other font technologies.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. welcome screen is not loading

Hi, I use windows 10 and I downloaded indesign via CC.
    I want to us welcome screen but it's not loading. I don't know how to fix this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adobe 2020 build 15.0.2 - loses installed fonts

When working with InDesign 2020, fonts that are installed on the system, go missing especially if I either export some pages as a PDF, or package the file. If I quit InDesign and restart, InDesign finds the fonts and I can work with the document until I do another PDF export or package the file.
    I never had this problem with InDesign 2019 and earlier. It just started with InDesign 2020 and build 15.0.2.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Getting missing font warning when trying to delete a page - won't delete page!

I am trying to DELETE a page and get a missing font warning - when I agree to update fonts and agree to "do you want to continue updating numbering?" it cycles back to the same warning, and won't delete the page. Over and over again. The font is Avenir, which some people are apparently having problems with, but I just want to delete a page before exporting to pdf.!! help!! I've tried opening and closing InDesign, fixing the file separately and in Book mode, nothing works....have a deadline NOW.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I base a new master page on another, and then override any one element in the new master, the keyboard on my Mac quits working

In Indesign (15.1.1), when I base a new master on another, and then override any one element in the new master, the keyboard on my Mac (OS 10.14.6) stops working. It stops working in InDesign--either I get nothing or I get random zooms and other oddities, unrelated to the keystrokes--and it stops working in every other program as well until I reboot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Synchronization completed successfully..." message shows up even if AppleScript's user interaction preferences set to "never interact"

When synchronizing a book via AppleScript, the "Synchronization completed successfully..." dialog shows up even if the user interaction script preferences are set to "never interact".

Yes, this message has the "Don't show again" option. However, it's still a bug - because the dialog shouldn't show up at all when user interaction is suppressed.

On new installations of InDesign or new machine, this message always causes confusion to end users. It means that running the script for the first time will always fail. Users get upset.

Hope it can be fixed! No dialogs should show up when user interaction is disabled…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ctrl+[

Version 15.1.1.

Using CTRL + [ when the CC Libraries Window/Tab is open closes the window on the workspace instead of sending the selected object backwards. I have to manually go back to the Toolbar and check CC Libraries so it can reappear again only for it to close out again when I use CTRL + [ unless I manually click on my artboard or close out of the window first before using the shortcut. Maybe it's a shortcut that I'm unaware of, and if it is I think it's being shared with a shortcut that is used too frequently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OpenAsset extension in ID 2020 for Mac

I installed the OpenAsset extension in my InDesign 2020 on a Mac running OS Catalina. My Exchange says that I should be able to launch it from Windows > Extensions > OpenAsset. There is no Windows menu option; under the Window option there is no Extensions submenu anymore.

Please advise. I use this extension extensively with work.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Data Merge not populating correctly when placeholder curse overflow

When using Data-Merge with an .txt/.csv and using export as pdf, indesign (still) merge the fields wrong (only use the first data-entry), if the placeholder and not the data curse an frame-overflow.

Detailed description:
    You have a textframe with enough space to place the string "888", but not enough space to place "8888".
    You have a .csv table with a colum named "number" and values from "1" to "999".
    You select the file with data-merge and get a placeholder "<<number>>" and replace the "888" with it. Now you got a frame overflow.
    You select preview, and all values (1 -…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New document 'Command N' not working.

I know you have are already looking at this issue, but I have attached a PDF of active applications and plug-ins on my Mac which help you diagnose this issue.

Macbook Pro 16" 2019 running OS 10.15.5 (19F101)

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Content log access

If a file gets lost there is no way to check the log of the last 7 days or more.
    One can only see the 20 last used files.
    Is there a way to access the content log to check what happened to all the files worked on?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base