Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't scroll Pages Window when Export dialogue box is up

Can't scroll Pages Window when Export dialogue box is up

When exporting certain pages from a large document it was handy being able to scroll through the pages window while the export dialogue was open. This was possible on pre CC indesign copies.
    Issue apparent using OSX Mojave 10.14.5 and Indesign CC 14.0.2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resized vectors not displaying properly in high quality display mode on drag

14.0.2 x64 on Windows 10

Steps:
    1. High Quality display mode (default settings)
    2. Place any EPS vector file.
    3. Attempt to resize it while holding ctrl-shift to maintain ratios.

Expected result:
    The vector file, resized.

Actual result:
    Grey box. I have to zoom in or out to get the screen to "refresh" and show the correct image.

Similar issue happens with placed AI file. Very simple, clearly. Just a triangle. Made in the latest version of Illustrator.

The Youtube button is an EPS.

Related: If I use the option "Greek Vector Graphics on Drag" it performs correctly, only now…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ID can't import multiple PDF (with multiple pages) into frames placed in master

InDesign 14.0.2 french
    Windows 10 x64 Pro 1903 - 18362.239

I need to import 148 PDF with 5 pages into each files.
    I prepare 5 frames into the A-master.
    CTRL+D from the 1st page to select my files.
    For the demo, I use 3 files.

Only the second PDF is imported.
    All other PDF are visible in Links panel, but with no pages imported.

If I do an the same import without frames on the A-master, I am able to place 5 pages per ID page. But it's longer, without the same scale, etc.

Please check my video attached.
    I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. No Multi-Processor support for InDesign?

InDesign were and still is very slow. Now I work on an iMac 2017 with i7 processor with 4.2 GHz and Radeon Pro 580 8GB graphics with InDesign 14.0.1. The i7 is a Quadcore CPU but if InDesign works, it still works on just 1 Core! So InDesign ist still slow and the Beachball appears very often. Photoshop instead uses all the performance of this great machine.

Isn't it possible, to use all CPU-cores and maybe additionally the GPU with InDesign, to increase the performance?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I have Adobe InDesign 14.0.2 x64, and my book chapters keep showing a spinning wheel when i try to make any change

I have Adobe InDesign 14.0.2 x64, and my book chapters keep showing a spinning wheel when i try to make any change. Say I need to add one letter, after doing so the ball has to spin 10 times until i can do anything else. This is extremely time consuming and is wasting my time when I have to wait 2 minutes after any tiny change before I can make another. I have seen others posting issues about this over a year ago. All fixes people have suggested do nothing for me. Please help.
    In reading that it could be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Flashing screen

When trying to open Illustrator AND InDesign, the "new document" window that automatically pops up is white and just flashes on and off the screen. If I try to click out of the screen, it closes the whole program. I can't access any of my files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Type Tool Flicker

Specs:

InDesign CC2018 (13.1)

Mac Pro Late 2013

Mac OS Mojave (10.14.3)

64 GB RAM

AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB

Any document when first opened will blink the document window (not the entire screen - just the document) when clicking into a frame with the Type tool.

It occurs one time only then the remainder of work on that document is fine.

Open another document, issue reoccurs.

Double-clicking a text frame with the Selection tool will not blink and take you into the text frame without issue.

I've reset ID Prefs, removed all third party plugins and zapped my PRAM…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Relink to folder and filenames with accents doesn't work

Relink to folder doesn't work for filenames with accents, it just doesn't find such files, but relinking every single file separately (very annoying) works.

Adobe InDesign 14.0.2. x64, Win 10 Pro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Control panels can't be scaled

A couple of days ago I switched from InDesign CS 6 to InDesign CC 2019. I wanted to arrange my working area in the way I had before, but couldn't because the control panels could not be scaled as narrow as before. Because of this I can't fit all needed control panels on my second monitor.

I have contacted support but they could not offer any solution to my problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Text cursor disappears - Mojave and InDesign CC 13.1

After upgrading to Mac OSX Mojave (10.14), using InDesign CC 13.1 ME, the text cursor disappears. All other cursors appear as expected. This happens both with the standard Text tool, and the ME Text tool.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. InDesign doesn't display files or any kind of Interface I can work with.

InDesign doesn't display the files I want to work on.
    InDesign Version I use is 14.0.2
    Steps to reproduce:
    Open InDesign by clicking on the app icon or double click an InDesign file, none works.
    Expected result: To see the file I want to open and be able to work on it.
    Actual result: InDesign window seems hidden and doesn't display my file which means I can't edit it.
    I tried to clear preferences & cache but there's no InDesign file in the cache folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Macintosh InDesign V14.0.2. Freezes everytime I open it. Mojave operating system.

I can't use InDesign as it freezes everytime I open it. I have a brand new Mac Mini with Mojave. I have removed 14.0.2 and am loading an older version that actually worked - 13.1. Please let me know when 14.0.2 is working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Updating to Mac OSX Mojave, Indesign now behaving slow and shortcut make new document does not work anymore

Drawing a box, moving it around etc is now a kind of laggy. Moves but slow and kind of stuttering.

The GUI overall, menus etc, behaves a bit slower as well. Not much but not as quick and responsive at it was in Sierra.

Have tried de-activating GPU but that has no difference at all.

I have the latest version, 14.0.2.
    Updated to Mojave because the Adobe chat support suggested that would help out some other issues I have had.
    One reason was that command + new shortcut stopped working. And now it stopped working again...

Same thing happens in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. call the dialog box of each tools with return/enter key

In Illustrator, i can call the dialog box (tool option) of each tools with return key or enter key when I select each tool with short cut keys ,but in Indesign, I need to double click the short cut key every time to call them.
    please Please consider to add the same function in Indesign.
    thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Text selection selects whole document AND cursor jumps to top of document after saving

InCopy 14.0. MacOs Mojave 10.14.4
    I work in a icml-document which was assigned to me from InDesign. It contains references to other documents and a lot of comments (for the designer).
    After I have made the third or later comment, it becomes impossible to select text. InCopy selects the text from the top of the document upto the point where I click the mouse. When I try Option+Shift+Arrow, the cursor jumps to the top of the document. I can save the document, after which the issue is away until I have made a few extra comments, but which also puts…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Converted file saves in wrong folder

When I open a previous version ID project and click convert, the option to save the project opens the previous file folder I was working in and not the one I have open at the time (where the document is actually located). This is very frustrating. The project I open should save to the file I opened to find it. I have spent a lot of time retracing my steps to find out what file I had opened previously to locate my errant project. Idea: please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Indd file size optimization

The filesize of the .indd file increases with every new linked image and is not reset after deleting old images from the workspace.
    If you use the save as function and overwrite the file, the size of the .indd file is much smaller (like 190 MB before and 12 MB after).

InDesign should clean up the file with every normal saving process !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Resizing Text boxes causes text to disappear/flow oddly

Narrowing the text box causes text to disappear and not have the correct leading. Never have had this happen. It almost seems like it's automatically adding it's own "Space After".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Paste & Crash: The New Adobe Game

14.0.2.324 CRASH Every. SIngle. Time. I. Paste text from Word (16.26 Mac). What tha what tha????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. InDesign performance issue: Lags when selecting and moving items using wacom tablet

On a iMac with 32 GB RAM running under macOS 10.14.4 (18E226) InDesign v.14.0.2.324 with Wacom Intuos Pro tablet (6.3.24-1) in some documents cursor / items handling is unresponsive, lagging or too sensitive (click is registered when there was no click, dragging happens yet it wasn't been ignited).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base