Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleting Preference files

I crashed when I boot up and the message says I need to delete the Preferences files but Alt-Ctl-Shift doesn't show the expected Preferences file message upon startup. Is there another way to delete Preference files?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Emojis cropped

INDD 15.1, Mac OS 10.15.5

Some emojis character are cropped at the bottom, see attachment. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. rotate canvas in InDesign

It would be great in the next version on InDesign if they included a rotate canvas function like in Photoshop. I use that function so much when I need the right angle to do my work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Find/Change queries are changing font (INDD 15.0.3)

When I save a named find/change query, the font family Clickbits is replaced with Myriad. Individual find/changes work fine, but the queries just won't retain the correct font name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fan still running high in latest version of Indesign CC 15.1.1

Many people have commented in the user forums about this.

Have just installed the latest update and it's still happening. CPU processes listed for Indesign between an average of 94.1 to 104.6, sometimes dropping for a brief second to around 90.

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64GB RAM

Hopefully this can get fixed as it was not an issue in the pre-June release.

Many thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 15.1 MacBook Pro Fan now running full time since updating to latest version.

Since installing 15.1 and the update the fan is now running full time. This was not the case in the previous builds of Indesign CC

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 64GB RAM

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. package folder name

INDD 15.1, Mac OS 10.15.5
    With the 15.1 update, when packaging a file, the folder name is no longer highlighted. I, like most people, delete the word "Folder" that INDD adds to the packaged folder name. In previous versions, the folder name was highlighted in the package window so that hitting the right arrow would move the cursor to the end allowing one to delete "Folder." Now one has to click into the name field to change it. This release has added an extra step. Please revert to how it used to work. Or better yet, stop adding "Folder" to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Presentation Mode Glitch

When entering presentation mode, the first page appears as it should, but when scrolling to the second page the image gets completely corrupted and has red and white bars all across it. This issue has been ongoing for several versions of InDesign now, even after a fix was supposedly released...

Issue appears normal upon taking a screenshot, but reappears when changing pages again.

2017 MacBook Pro running Catlina 10.15
    InDesign version 15.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Text lag/slow when Documents Folder is present (package)

Since 15.03 there is a Text lag after opening documents that are in a folder that has a Documents folder. This delay has gotten worse in 15.1. If you're working from packaged InDesign folder, try deleting the document fonts folder inside it. Lagging was caused because of a double up in fonts on my computer. This took a month of testing by myelf and IT team to finally figure out!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. InDesign 15.1 : Workspace doesn't load. Document not launching from Finder.

When I double-click on an InDesign file to open it , InDesign opens, but the document doesn't launch. I have to open the document within InDesign. AND each time I open a document (if no other documents are open) all my palettes disappear, I have to reload my workspace -- even if I had been working in a different document, but had closed it. (Running OS 10.13.6)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In the latest update 15.1 - text and graphics of previous files display pixelated

I ran the latest 15.1 update to InDesign. I opened several existing file all with text and graphics (images and placed EPS files). In each file, either the text appears aliased and the graphics look ok, OR the graphics display pixelated and poo quality but the text renders correctly. Changing the "display performance" slider make no difference.

I opened a brand new document and typed in some text and imported a graphic and all displays correctly. But if i create a new file and copy and paste text and graphics from one of my previous files that does NOT display…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fonts list incomplete

Scrolling down the fonts list looking for a particular type of font, the fonts list down arrow greys out once the list reaches 'M'.
    There are hundreds of fonts in my system font folder past this point...

Windows 10 X64
    16GB Ram
    Core I7 4770R
    in Design 15.0.2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Workspace Panels sending to back of main worksheet

Since today's update of Indesign, when I select a panel from the workspace , the panel is going behind my working document which is floating in the window.
    If I unfloat the window of the working document, all panels are visible, but the bottom horizontal scroll bar is not visible. Quite difficult to explain, but causing usability problems

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Suddenly my document reverts to an earlier version

Ever since I updated Adobe InDesign to version 15.0.1, my current document suddenly reverts to a state from several minutes prior. All of my recent changes are gone, up to ten minutes, and they are not even available under Edit > Redo.

I've started saving more often now. Recently, this problem happened again. It suddenly went back to an earlier state than I had last saved, so I closed without saving, reopened, and the file was exactly in the state I expected, which was a LATER state than my document had reverted itself to (thank goodness), but not where I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Type Tool Deselecting Itself

Pressing T on the keyboard makes the type tool activate, but only for a second before it switches back to the previous tool.

Running Indesign 15.0.2, so this issue was not fixed as stated in a previous thread.
    Running Mac OS 10.13.6

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Toolbar is unusable.

Please help. See image. No Tools are selectable for use.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. But nothing changed. I had to revert to CC 2019 to complete my work. My entire toolbar is unusable and not highlighted like its supposed to be. I'm in the middle of a deadline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add a thesaurus to Indesign (not Incopy), if MS word can do it why can't Adobe?

Please add a thesaurus to Indesign (not Incopy), if MS word can do it why can't Adobe?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cannot copy/paste elements from 2019 to 2020 without the element becoming an image

InDesign 2019 14.0.3 copy/paste issue into InDesign 2020 15.0.01 (and vice-versa).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. In a 2019 InD doc, copy a text box with text inside it.
    2. Open a new document in InD 2020.
    3. Paste the text box with text inside it into 2020 InD.
    4. The text becomes an image instead of live text. Though, no links show up in the links panel.
    5. This can be reproduced if copying from 2020 into 2019. But it does not happen if copying/pasting from a 2020 doc into a 2020 doc, 2019 doc into a 2019 doc.
    6.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug to open Indesign : page failed to load

I tried twice to install Indesign with my 7 days free but when I open it, it says me this message :
    "Page Failed to load.
    URL: file://Library/Application%20support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/cpm.adobe.ccx.start-2.10.0/index.html?v=2.10.0.21
    Error: ERRFILENOTFOUND (-6)
    ERR
    FILENOTFOUND"

What can I do to resolve this problem please ?
    Thank you !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base