thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. when creating pdf output, please make the crops .5" when bleed isn't specified, right now it saves to a weird measurement

when bleed size isn't specified and crop marks are checked, pdf when exported adds a weird measurement to contain the crop marks. please let it be a standardized .5" -- that way when a pdf shows crops and bleed you can know that the finished size is 1 inch smaller, not have to do math with .389 or whatever. this will also help with print production as trimming in bindery is now mostly digital. the guys can punch in .5" and not have to do math or be fractionally off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve shadows on items from master page.

I have a document with a page number placeholder on the master page b/c I'm making hundreds of Table Number cards for an event. I have a drop shadow on the number on the master page. When I click over to the regular pages, the shadow still shows as the "A" from the master page placeholder, instead of a shadow from the 1, 2, 3, etc from each new page. You have to manually break the link on each page for the shadow to reflect the individual numbers. The whole idea of the master pages is that you shouldn't have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export In Size

Hello.

It would be nice when we export in PDF or JPG to specify a size in MO to limit the size. And the compression automatically adjust to respect the size we've entered.

It would avoid us to go on websites like IlovePDF to compress files.

Thanks.
    Kind regards.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Preferences/Units & Increments/Cursor Key Distance

Please make this feature faster to change. It is the first preference in Illustrator and I love that. Can you make it the first preference in InDesign? I change this number a lot. Right now I have to hit command k, hit the down arrow five times, tab six times, change the number and hit enter. It wasn't always this hard. It doesn't have to be this hard now. Please fix to make it easier.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to be able to select multiple rows, but want to be able to select rows that are not next to each other. They maybe have one or two ro

I want to be able to select multiple rows, but want to be able to select rows that are not next to each other. They maybe have one or two rows.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CS6 future use

32-bit CS6 InDesign works with High Sierra, though with some minor irritations. It will not work at all once Mac goes over solely to 64-bit. It is disgraceful that Adobe tries to make one go over to subscription-only CC. I for one, and I am sure I am not the only one, want nothing to do with a cloud-based subscription, with which you lose access to your own work if you stop paying the sub. For this reason, in preparation for the future, I have just bought 64-bit non-subscription QuarkXpress, at a roughly half-price offer for such as InDesign users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Object Export Options should have a short cut

Object Export Options should have a short cut available or one that you can set. Currently there is no way to do that and when you're doing accessible documents it's very difficult to do multiple images with different alt text.

Please make accessibility tools a priority for InDesign

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Right to Left direction

In the previous version, I could simply change the paragraph from LTR to RTL but now I have to uninstall all Adobe applications and delete the preferences so I can change the language in Creative Cloud to English Hebrew or English Arabic. Can this turn back to what it was? It was way easier and more user-friendly. All this work for one paragraph when I could previously do it with a click seems just too much.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Social Media Document Sizes

Add social media sizes as an entire emnu option (next to print/web/mobile) in the New Document settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include anchored object options when copying and pasting (eg an image)

I'm working on a document which uses images as icons to indicate particular activities. I'm copying and pasting the images as anchored objects, but each time have to go into the options to set the Custom anchored position. It would be great if it wasn't necessary to do this for each image.

(I'm a relative newcomer to InDesign, so may be missing something else in terms of how this can be achieved.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Easy text export of color number information for Branding

On branding projects, I have to provide my clients with all their color number information, and make it look pretty at the same time. A way to export or copy/paste the cmyk, rgb, hex, pantone, lab information would be hugely helpful! See example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Duplicate interactive buttons in Indesign

InDesign Interactive buttons
    I have duplicate button names but I'm having a difficult time locating the duplicate. If I could use the Tabbing Order box to highlight the button on the page, it would save huge amounts of time! Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Strokes > Content

I have to make sell sheets for work in InDesign semi-regularly, with one column being designated for product images. Having a way for strokes to be rendered over images would be great. Only way I’ve found of circumventing it has been to set the images to the Multiply style so the stroke can show through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When setting up default page layout, updating margins repeatedly crashed inDesign

When setting up default indesign setup -> page layout then, updating margins when click 'ok' or 'rtrn' indesign repeatedly crashes.

I checked it's upto date and also tried restarting. This is a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. print to pdf as poster in custom page sizes

Please add print poster to pdf as pages size feature like adobe dc in windows. In mac, we can't print poster as pdf files. Like print 1650 mm x 630 mm as 15 files pdf in F4 size, 330x5=1650 210x3=630. 1650 x 630 = 15 F4 Papers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. InDesign start screen does not render thumbnails of recent version files, only previous version files.

After the recent update to 13.1 x64, the opening screen no longer displays thumbnails of files created in this current version. However, thumbnails are visible for the files created before the recent update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Don't ask to save a [Converted] document if I haven't made any changes to it

There are so many updates to InDesign these days and I have so many files it's guaranteed that most of my files will now be in the "previous" version so I get them all opening as "[Converted]". Most of the time I just open them to refer to things, so it's annoying when you close it and it asks you if you want to save it even though you haven't done anything.

Like any other document, ID should know if you've made any changes. If you haven't, it should just close the document without prompting you to save it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Long text authoring experience

InDesign is usually employed in post-production, after the auther had finished writing a book, a screenwriter his script. You could make inDesign the tool of choice for writers, thanks to its wonderful authoring experience. Enhanced long document editor. This opens the market for independent publishers and authors to make their creation end-to-end, from inception to finish

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CC Libraries save location info to place graphics in specific positions

Currently, only INDL libraries save object placement info, so when you right click and select place, an item will be in the correct position on the page. Please add this to CC library items as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base