1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. color labels onto style-groups

I would appreciate to have the possibility giving colors to style groups. Like the layer-labels in Photoshop. If you have many styles, you would have a better optical separation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Script Label Manager

We use scripts and script labels on a daily basis! It would be absolutely FANTASTIC to have a window (similar to LINKS) that when opened, displays ALL script labels in the board/file, along with a link to where it is in the page (selects the item that's labelled).

It is extremely tedious to use script labels when there is no way to properly organize and manage them.

Please please make this Script Label Manager a feature!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Document dialog: trim safety margins

Print ads have trim, bleed, and safety margins on the inside of the page. Add the ability to define the safety margin in the New Document dialog. It would be better than using Margins and Columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Path to be for every action (open/save/import ...) the same in dialog

Indesign in CS had the feature that every path in every dialogue was the same (when you opened a doc the import path was the same as well). Nowadays I feel like using Xpress all over again: every dialog has the path it had from the last access (open would be e.g. on C:\, place file on D:\foo\bar and so on. Can there maybe a checkbox to sync paths between the open dialogues that indesign manages?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Interactive buttons able to form shape of path

Currently interactive buttons are restrained to circular or rectangular bounding boxes. This needs to change so a path can be turned into the button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Variable Spot Colors from Illustrator Definable in InDesign

The ability to create a vector graphic in Illustrator, fill it with a variable spot color swatch (ie "Variable Color 1/2/3" etc.) and then when that spot color is imported into InDesign you can define it to match your project. Ideally on a per-instance basis, but even just editing the color globally from the swatches panel would be a big help. It would save hiving to make multiple versions of a graphic for each color you need - and that you may never need again.

For now my workaround is to make a layered PDF from Illustrator with a layer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please bring back smaller UI

I have a 13" MacBook Pro, no retina screen. I've recently upgraded to CC, and what I find frustrating is the increase in size of all of the buttons, and the increase in space between the buttons.

It seems there are many on the feedback forums that want a bigger UI, but this doesn't make sense with those using smaller computers to do their work.

The biggest frustration is that the Control Panel at the top can no longer display everything that is useful when editing an object. Vertical Justification, Frame Fitting, Align, and Distribute are all cut off in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zoom box in Pages Window

I would like to see in CC InDesign the ability to see where you're zoomed in at in your pages window. Also, I'd like to be able to click and hold onto the highlight zoomed in the area on the pages window and move it to update the preview when I let go of the highlighted zoom box.

This would be helpful for us users that create large catalogs and would like to quickly JUMP-TO a portion of a page. With large catalog files, the program can get sluggish/slow. When the user has to scroll through a bunch of pages…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Separate text into different boxes in one stroke

We've all been handed a huge text file and asked to create a new document. From the sub par word processing program it came from, we begin the mind numbing process of cut/copy/paste.

You can cut headers, sub headers etc. and paste them into their own text box. But when you have to do it five hundred times, it's awful. And no, reflowable text is not the solution.

What if you could drag a selection around the text you needed to be separate and it would "snap" into it's all new, very own text frame? eh?

pretty please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an option in Find/Change to "Continue from cursor position".

Presently, if you search and then "work" on what you find, and then continue your search, InDesign starts the search over from the beginning. This is frustrating.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Do not like the new endnote feature. There needs to be an option to disable it when importing Word documents.

Endnotes needs an option to be disabled when importing long Word documents. Minimally, it needs an option to run-on the endnote text at the end of the document and dissociate the reference marker with the note text so that both can be formatted with the rest of the document.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow incopy to access object states

It would be perfect if incopy could access and change all object states content. I do not understand why this is not possible today.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change the page size

When changing the page size, the current page content is centered relative to the new size. Or it would be nice, if I could choose to attach current content to one of the corners of the page, the same way I can choose the transformation anchor point (the square with the nine anchor points)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for this suggestion. I need a little more information in trying to understand this request a bit more:

1. Is the situation that you have created a design already or have an existing design and now need to change the page size. Any description on why you need to change the page would be helpful.
    2. How drastic is the page size change. Is it just a minor change or is it something like changing from portrait mode to landscape.
    3. Please share links to any screenshot of the document where you recently needed this feature. This would help us better understand this request.

15. SimpleWideShort Stoke start/End

A new start/End point for stokes being like the simplewide one, but being shorter, it's a needed feature when add technical measure to a illustration that was made out side of indesign. These technical drawing have some very small parts, and having a shorter simplewide point would be a great help, also changing scale is no help because I want the stroke width to remain the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ignora contorna con testo

Buongiorno, rilevo che quando copio un oggetto da un documento ad un altro (Ctrl+c Ctrl+v) viene persa l'impostazione "ignora contorna con testo".
    Necessito di una soluzione.
    Grazie

Good morning, I notice that when I copy an object from one document to another (Ctrl+c Ctrl+v), the "ignore wrap with text" (https://helpx.adobe.com/it/indesign/using/text-wrap.html) setting is lost.
    Needed a solution.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Workspaces that save in relation to log in details

You sign in to any Creative Suite programme using your Adobe log in credentials and it should populate that programmes UI with the layout you save it as.

So no matter what version you work on, on any computer, Illustrator, Photoshop etc auto snaps into the layout you always use.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tabelle, Teabellenformate, Tabellenzellen

Die Funktionen Tabelle, Tabellenformate und Tabellenzellen sollten in der Gesamtheit überarbeitet werden. Wir arbeiten viel mit Tabellen, die lang und kompliziert sind.
    Es entstehen immer wieder viele unvorhersehbare Effekte.
    Tabellenoptionen funktionieren nicht zuverlässig, z. B. Spaltenlinien in der Vordergrund.
    Linien kommen und gehen in Farben die wir nicht zugewiesen haben, wenn Zeilen oder Spalten eingefügt werden.
    Zellenformate sind für uns leider nicht nutzbar.
    Wünschenwert ist auch die Eingabe von Formeln, z. B. die Formel schreiben oder auch Berechnungen durchführen lassen.
    Die Kleinansicht der Rahmen und Linien springt bei Markierungen von anderen Tabellen um, was ziemlich lästig ist.
    Wenn man mit…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)