1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to merge from PDF page other than page 1

It would be great t have the option to use a pdf in a merge and be able to specify which page of the pdf is to be used, instead of it just being the first page all the time.

Instead of just specifying filename in the mergefield, could we specify page number as well?

eg something like:

c:\docs\mypdf.pdf:2

to use page 2 of a pdf.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a Find/Replace function for things like tabs

Received a file with hundreds of useless tabs. Can replace in Word (and should have but didn't see them til I Placed in InDesign) but it would be a nice feature to add.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make layercompositions targetable with scripting

I want to change my applied alpha-mask (psd/tif).

What I have to do is browse to the image, reimport it (with import options true), just to select another alpha mask.

While scripting this, I found out, that the DOM is missing the layercomps. If a layercomp was set in InDesign away from default, re-importing a image by script will losse the selected layercomposition.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Incopy

Incopy, as it stands today, has lots of problems. We cant use it while working with remote editors. Similarly my clients dont wan to use InCopy as the user interface is too complex for them. Also, some clients can't download a desktop product because of restrictions in their organizations.
    InCopy is a good product but doesnt fulfill the needs of today's world. Please improve it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent fonts from becoming bitmap when copied into InDesign or Illustrator

Why does a font in InDesign become bitmapped when copied into Illustrator; or the other way around - Illustrator into InDesign?

In Illustrator, why is there no keyboard command for FIND AND REPLACE as there are in other Adobe applications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Highlight changes

When 'undo' or 'redo' is clicked, go to that page and highlight what just changed, that way you won't have to hunt for it..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. double click on «verknüpfungen» opens finder and selects «verknüpfung»

double click on «verknüpfungen» opens finder and selects «verknüpfung» (dont know the word for «verküpfung» in english

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. EPUB enhancements

EPUB export option to be enhanced further to customize on styles generating in CSS based on our internal client requirements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. XML Workflow – InDesign need to improve much

We're facing huge difficulties in InDesign while handling the XML structure in InDesign, but it's good in FrameMaker. After importing the XML files in InDesign, no control is available in InDesign to validate the XML coding structure, also allowing the users to easily tamper the XML coding. Due to this limitation, XML extracting from InDesign are not actually correct and users need to fine-tune the same and spending huge time to correct. So current XML features to be improved much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Trim dimension text variable

Client: “THIS IS THE WRONG SIZE!”

Designer: “But I put the trim dimension text variable in the slug area! Oh, right. There is no trim dimension text variable.”

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Turn off 'missing fonts' alert

A setting (with no docs open) that says "don't alert me to missing fonts" when I open a doc. It would be just like the "don't ask me about missing links" setting - which we like in the studio. Because sometimes we need to check lots of docs for something (could be a house style thing, a find-replace thing, a colour check thing etc) but don't want to be 'font-alerted' at this stage. The warning seems too pedantic when we're nowhere near final production stages...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. About data merge

Merge single records also on double pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Checkbox to exclude styles from output in »edit all export tags« panel

I'd love to exclude styles to be output into HTML, EPUB, etc. with a simple checkbox in the »edit all export tags« panel. Up to now, I have to delete styles that I don't want in the export every time before the export. The checkbox would save a lot of time with recurring work as journals etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow linked excel table to thread inside text thread

Its possible to insert linked excel table in text. But in this case table doesnt thread to the next page when it is long. From the othe side it`s possible to insert linked excel table as new story (as separate frame).In this case table threading is OK.But in this case you have to look for continuity of your document because there is no possibility to glue frames of text and tables to each other to provide continuity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Repeat Grid

I'd love to see the Adobe XD Repeat Grid function redeveloped into InDesign. This would be invaluable to many publication designers that have repetitive layouts. Master Pages are great, but I think if it incorporated the repeat grid, it would increase workflow efficiency.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide 'Indent to here' (~/^i) as a 'Text After' option in the Bullets and Numbering dialog

The ability to add 'Indent to here' as an option in 'Text After' bullets or numbering in the dialog box would be a time-saver so it's automatically inserted after them, rather than having to Grep it or do it to the necessary lines, individually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Redirect links when file name changes.

Like a website that uses redirection for old pages, it would be nice to have a way to redirect InDesign links to new links. For example, when a file name changes due to a version number, date, or whatever.

the way I imagine it working is leaving a txt file behind with the old asset's name that has the new assets name within it. (maybe there is a better way to do this)

that way, when assets change names, InDesign checks the txt file and looks in the new directory or for the new link before marking it as a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please bring this little feature from XD to InDesign

Check the video. Very easy to implement. I do not understand, why you have not already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Changing User Options for Documents Already Published using Publish Online

I have published several documents using the Publish Online feature in InDesign and then decided to change how readers interact with the online publication, i.e., allow download, allow sharing, etc. when such options were not indicated initially. Right now it looks like the only way to change the options is to re-publish the document and indicate the new options. It's a nightmare, particularly when a document published just fine the first time around, and generates error messages in trying to re-publish. I hope there's an easy answer to this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Wanted to understand this a little more.

Currently if the user tries to re-publish a document the user has 2 options, either “Publish New document” or “Update Existing Document”.

Choosing Update Existing lets the user update an already published document, such that the URL generated remains the same. So in effect this should work very similar to what has been described here as a problem.

Can you try this out (if not already) and let me know how this works for you.

Thanks
    Javed

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base