2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4891 results found

1. Interactive document

To be able to produce interactive document which works similar as website (for example - for presentation purposes or others..). To be able to read/present this interactive document for example in Acrobat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Rename "Parent Pages" to something less offensive. A lot of children don't have parents and some people don't have the ability to be parents

To reflect the core Adobe values of inclusivity you should replace non-inclusive language from InDesign 2022 onwards.

I think Adobe should continue to change their products based on inclusivity at the cost of functionality and common sense. I'm looking forward to what new name you come up.

If you don't change the name then I'm very confused because this new name 'Parent' is not inclusive at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. PLEASE allow the removal of the background color on embeds

It seems kind of silly to not have that kind of control when this is a design program. Also, I second the comment here to remove the Adobe watermark on the embed. It makes the embed look unprofessional, like someone didn't pay for their account. It reflects poorly on the designer / owner of the website, who is not at fault.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow align stroke centers again

It was once easy to align frames with a line. By dragging them on top of each other you could 'snap' the middle of the line together.

Can this please be added back to InDesign? It would make life so much easier and more fun.

Alignin a stroke to a box with a stroke still works, aligning boxes with strokes on the center of the stroke doesn't work anymore. Please fix it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better workflow for designers and copy edits and document syncing

Would love to be able to get editors to edit indesign files directly without uploading pdf. I spend so many hours making copy edits when I really want to focus on the design! I would love to be able to link an indesign file that anyone can open (without having an adobe account like pdf) but so our editors can edit these documents and I can hit a button in indesign to approve these comments without design being affected!

Also a way to link two copies of indesign but be able to choose what you want to be linked and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide an option for placing multipage PDFs where the number of pages imported into the InDesign document is variable.

1. When I use the PlaceMultipagePDF.jsx script, the number of pages imported is static based on the number of pages in the PDF being imported at the time. However, if pages are added to the PDF being imported, then when I reopen the InDesign file, I only see the original number of pages and not the additional pages that were added to the imported PDF.

2. The PlaceMultipagePDF script is a valuable automation tool for recurring reports with regular updates. However, I lose all this automation if the number of pages in the imported PDF changes. In those cases, I have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello! Can you please add «Exception» feature in «find and replace»?

I use InDesign for book layout; there are so many times that i feel i need a feature to exclude some words when I search to replace. if there be a special feature like a list to exclude the characters or words for not to search them, it's gonna make it so much easier.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. batch errors delete

I am using pictures with metadata in my document based on a master page with predesigned layout. I need to show this metadata in multiple live captions, but the problem is, when i have a pic without any data in particular caption i get an error in prefligt with unresloved caption variable, which is ok, the link does not contain any data in that field. But i need to get rid of all empty text frames before exporting the document. Any ideas about how to delete them all at once?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delete all instances of link

It would be great to be able to delete all instances of a link from the Links panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Find/change return to where you started, like Word

When you're done Find/Replace, InDesign leaves you at the last occurrence, and you have to navigate to where you started. In Word, most of the time the screen returns to where you started, saving you time. Any chance of adding this to InD?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Jumping/Toggling between 2 text boxes on same page

i have 3 text boxes on 1 page having same text content but in 3 different languages, so how can i toggle in between all 3.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cover page for printing book should have their own setup by default to reduce confusion

I having issue seriously with page numbers. If its 38pp but in my pages box, shows 34pp example. Why do i need to get confused here?

I think indesign perhaps should have an option where I can right click and say page 1 and 2 is the cover, than the last two page is also a cover. Page number doesnt change, instead, right click and select it as book covers and boomz.

So confusing when i exported it shows 34pp in pdf preview, and indesign shows 32pp. So yeah. That could be one feature adobe team can seriously look into.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to recognise different paragraph styles as the really part of the same style

When creating multi-level lists you need to use different paragraph styles. This creates a problem where the spacing you want at the end of the whole list and the start of a new paragraph is applied when you are in the middle of different levels of the list.
    I am thinking a little checkbox next to the 'Based on' paragraph style section in the 'General' tab of the paragraph style settings window that allows you to link the new style as a child of the top-level style.
    This way, those end of paragraph spacings won't be applied to the child…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add a "Buttons" list in the buttons and forms palette

When creating interactive PDFs, it would be great to have a place where I can access buttons already created without having to click through objects on my page to find out what button was created to do what. (I have some documents that require multitudes of button objects) I'd love to see a place where I can discern if a "button" is an object being used to hide/show another object or is the object BEING shown/hid. Also, having multiple interactive elements on a page seems to "crash" my docs or cause all sorts of weird issues when viewed. Is there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show accented letters with alternate glyphs

When finding a letter with an accent, currently you have to search the glyphs panel, maybe narrowing it down with the dropdown, or paste it in. What would be great would be if the accented versions of letters (e.g. è, é, ê, ë) showed underneath the alternate glyphs when a letter was selected. Even if it was only the major accents showed, this would save a lot of time. It would probably be best as an option that can be turned on or off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve Screen Display Quality - 4K Related

I've recently upgraded to a 4K monitor. When working on InDesign documents, the type is not "sharp". I am running in the High Quality Display setting, the text and graphics are not sharp. If I run the display driver at 150% this problem exists, if I run at 100%, the type and graphics are very sharp - as expected. So this is a Windows related issue.

Could the 150% magnification be ignored for the page display, but remain for the toolbars, etc.

I have "old" eyes from too much time in front of these monitors!

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Drop shadow effect, hold on rotate

Text or image box with drop shadow effect, the angle of the shadow should be maintained when you rotate the object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Expand the custom marks (.mrk) usability and documentation.

We are able to create custom marks files (.mrk) but I have not found much documentation. Detailed documentation would go a long way especially with a few examples. I would also like an easier way to create these files without so much trial an error (GUI).

I would like to create black only registration, page info and crop marks. Additionally, the ability to adjust spread pages fold marks offset and the ability to create center lines on the pages in the bleed area would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Different footnote styles allowed on a single page

The ability to use different styles of footnotes on a single page (asterisk and numbers) used in footnote styling. ESSENTIAL for academic publishing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Condition also for graphics instead of text only

Make it also possible, to show or hide Graphic Elements and Logos according to "Text Conditions". So it would be possible, to make one Template for Merge and set the content in 2 Languages with different Logos or Graphics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base