1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A archive/backup save feature

I recently was working on a highly important document. InDesign crashed AT THE SAME TIME as it was in the process of saving the file. I do regular saves, but because of how it crashed I couldn't revert to an earlier saved version of my file. My new workflow is to regularly save my work and I use sequential numbers e.g. filename-v01, filenam- v02. I also sometimes will use save as and create a new file called filename-backup and then I will have to do another save as to revert the document back to filename.indd. What would suit my workflow…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Workshare

Can there be a feature where one file is accessible by multiple user at the same time? Each user can select a page he or she is working on and lock it while they edit. once they are done, they release it and the document updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Crop to: Artwork

Please add an option to import and crop to artwork.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mimic Text Box

For Example: If you have a list of people and you create a text box for each person that has a number in the text box.

Further in the document you would have a map that also has the numbers showing which person is situated where.

What would be very helpful is to have those 2 numbers (1 and 1, 2 and 2, etc.) be able to auto update the other.

So when someone is removed from the list, the person numbered 10 originally now becomes 9, which also auto updates on the map

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Place dialogue box: make "All Pages" to be default option instead of "Previewed Page"

It will be a very useful feature (it will save a lot of time) to allow the user to select the default option in the Place dialogue.
    This would be very useful when you have to import all the pages of a great number of files: one could make "All Pages" the default option so to skip all the dialogue boxes that show for each file.

For example:

You have 50 Illustrator (ai) files. Each file contains 2 canvases.

You could tell Indesign to keep the "all pages" option in the first tab of the "Import options" dialogue as the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Open pages of a pdf file in a single InDesign file

I always face this problem where I need to open a single page of a pdf. file to do amendment. It’s difficulty when my client doesn’t have the working file (indd). I hope adobe is allowing me to open all pages of a pdf. file in a single InDesign.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Native AI support.

Using links within AI to keep source files small is useless if INDD is a part of the workflow because INDD will not place AI files unless PDF compatibility is turned on. Turning on PDF compatibility in AI when saving embeds all links so linking files instead of embedding them makes no difference.

Please make INDD able to place AI files that have not been saved with PDF compatibility turned on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Condition Sets: Show overrides when the set has a +

In every other panel, when there is a style override, resulting in a + symbol, if you hover over the symbol, it will tell you specifically what the overrides are. For example, a different type size, or font family or leading or something along those lines.

But in the Condition Sets dropdown, all you get is that there are overrides. And you can either clear them or redefine the set. But if I choose to clear the overrides, I have no way of knowing what the result will be.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Restore the page overlay display in the print dialog.

I previous version of InDesign and the initial releases of InDesign 2017, you could see quite clearly what would print on the selected sheet size. In the latest update as of Aug 2017, if I change a sheet from letter to legal that has been printed previously, letter is still selected in the dialog, but due to the preview sheet being legal and cannot see that there is a size mismatch without going through the individual dialogs. For reference, the portion of the document that would not be within the printable region showed as a different shade of grey, whereas…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When you highlight text - then select something else - it would be really cool if the same text was selected when you went back to it

When you highlight a block of text - then select a different element - it would be really cool if the text was highlighted when you went back to the text box and selected it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to turn off auto-collapse of layers when switching between documents.

When switching between open indesign documents, the layers collapse automatically. Please give me an option to turn this feature off! If I have opened a layer, I want them to stay open until I have decided to have it otherwise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Equation Editor for Mac OS version

It is very sad that Adobe relies so heavily on third party developer to fix issues for services that we CC subscribers pay for already. It is very dissapppointing that I have to search the internet for an app or plugin to do something that should be built into a product such as Indesign. I should not have to purchase anything that creates a function that this software should provide based on the context of what it is supposed to do. Indesign is in all forms a layout and typeset application that for the steep cost should provide the ability…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better functionality when placing Excel 2020 textcells referring to another cell

Depending on InDesign and Excel version the results differ when placing Excel text cells referring to another cell. I have a big financial report with lots of text references, it would be great if this worked with latest versions of InDesign and Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Larger Colour Swatch Window and Colour Creation Tools

When creating or changing a colour in the swatch window the square that shows the colour is tiny and the dragging tools be it in RGB or CMYK are the only way to choose a colour. I feel like more options could easily be availble here in terms of how to pick a colour, like a large "rainbow" grid to drag the mouse around to select exactly what you want. The current system, larger with more fidelity would be incredible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Data merge to a formatted table for multiple catalog listing on one page in a single table.

I'm revising on a 180 page catalog that was originally created page by page, row by row with InDesign. The process was incredibly tedious and the person doing it eventually quit due to all the stress that it caused her. I would like to revise this catalog using data merge from .csv files but as you can see from the attached file some actual layout capabilities are needed and not all tables are consistent. There are also some cells in tables that need to be merged because they contain duplicate information. So far InDesign as only been able to create…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change character in default font

I'm looking for a way to change a character in my default font. I use the font family Proxima Nova (an Adobe font, what I have activated). In InDesign you can choose between two character for the letter 'a'. There I can change the font with find glyph en replace it for the other one.

It would be awesome to set that letter 'a' as a default 'a' in that typefont. Because this is an extra action I make for all my designs. Is there a way to change a character and set it as my default character in that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adaptive layout, Simple math, Line Breaks with Data Merge

The simplest example to describe a problem:
    I'd like to generate many invoices. Every invoice have different number of products on in, in table. + It would be great to have calculations options in this table. Also i think that controlling line break with data merge is must have. Create special code for ex. " " to automate it! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Just want to turn off the Home Bar

I want to be able to turn off the annoying home bar at the top (the unhideable application frame thing).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to Change the Color picker.

Please oh Please change the color picker. Make it as the same as Illustrator or Photoshop. Why are Adobe products so inconsistent??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Changing the backgroung/page colour

I would very much like to be able to change the background colour in incopy. For example: a green page colour, with a silverish font colour. (the latter can be done already)
    As a writer, I like to work on my own terms. So this would make me love incopy, and not just use it when I need to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base