1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Non printing layer attention value

Since the latest update of Adobe CC I noticed that across the suite, when you double click a layer and set it to non-printing, the label is no longer displayed in italic. Thus remaining in the dark on first glance at layer palette if a layer is set to non printing. I use non-printing feature a lot but now I don't have a visual reference anymore. Don't understand why this feature was removed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Book files | make list of all files seachable and make groups for better overview

When having a Bookfile with a lot of files in it. It is nearly not possible to find the right files. It would be nice if it would be possible to make any groups and make it searchable to find them easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Same shortcuts for all Adobe products (the most important one)

A lot of shortcuts are totally different for each programm of adobe. This is confusing. I think the most important shortcuts should be always the same for each adobe programm

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add "Creative Cloud Files" Tab to "New Document" Window

Create a TAB for "CC Files" within the "New Document" window.

When you open InDesign you can select to open a file from CC Files. I have a lot of saved templates so this is a great feature.

However — once I have a file already open, I cannot easily load another template from my CC Files, unless I hunt it down in finder. This would save me a lot of time if I could load them from the New Doc window

GENIOUS.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to save .indt template files to the new document dialog box

It would be very beneficial if there was an option to import and save .indt template files into the new document dialog box for easy access.

Similar or the same as the Adobe Stock templates feature that is available in the new document dialog box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When opening indesign (and any other adobe product) allow for multiple files to be selected in the recent files dilogue box.

When opening indesign (and any other adobe product) allow for multiple files to be selected in the recent files dialogue box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Layer selection when creating Table of Contents

A book having multiple subdocuments in which 3 different languages are used, that each have their own layer, should have a selection of which layer should be addresses when generating the table of contents for it, so that the ToC can also be made in the different languages, per layer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Backup the user-defined Document Presets in a different file than Preferences

At the moment, if a user creates several "New Document" Presets in the "New Document" window, they will be deleted if the User has to reset their InDesign preferences.

It would make more sense if the hard work that is put into creating New Document Presets was saved in a different system file (or clouded) so that
    1-they don't get lost if resetting InDesign Preferences and
    2-the Presets could be shared with other team members easily

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Output intent of placed PDF in link panel

You can easily look up ICC-profiles of placed images on the Links-panel.
    It would be great to see the embedded profile in pdfs there.

You can look it up via Acrobat and it's metadata (OutputConditionIdentifier)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Optional expansion of layout area

Sometimes it would be handy if, instead of a warning message, ID would ask, if you would like to expand the layout area to prevent objects from being out of bound.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reopen color theme floating palettes

I have a workbook/training document that has sections, and each section uses a different color scheme. I used the Color Theme tool to create the different color themes for the various sections. But with each new theme, I lost the preceding floating palette. It would be so helpful to be able to reopen a color theme floating palette that is based on a theme you saved in the Swatches panel. It would be more convenient to drag the floating palette around the screen (near to the objects where you want to apply fill or stroke) than to have to undock,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back newly activated fonts

Since updating to Indesign CC 2018, we can no longer use newly activated fonts. I have to restart Indesign after each time I activate a font. Please fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need a tutorial on forcing a paragraph style to actually work

I've been sporadically hunting for a year on how to force a paragraph style to actually work in a text box. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Yes, I've tried the option bit. All I want is for the right margins to be the same, and to have a bottom margin that will keep the last line X amount of line-height from the bottom of the text box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Is there any option to view the HTML tags as rich text on Indesign Pallet?

We have a plugin & that will shows the notification from another website in Indesign pallet. But when we add the text as HTML tag, it's not changing the tag into formatted text (just Bold/Italic). Is there any way to display the notification as rich text including color?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Find/Change tags

This is important in order to save time and avoid using third-party code editors, especially when edits have been made in InDesign such as anchored images being placed only on some listed items, that won't render in them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please let us turn off the new live endnotes feature

I layout a journal which features multiple articles each with their own endnotes. They are uniquely numbered for each article and need to appear after each article. I don't need live endnotes as all the copy is proofed and correct before I receive it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. publish online navigation buttons disappear in browsers and don't come back

When I view a published document, the browser based navigation buttons and menu for downloading disappear after a couple seconds and don't come back without hitting F5. This is unworkable. Please change it so the nav arrows remain on the screen, even in full screen mode. I can't have my clients struggling to go to the next page. This happens in Chrome and Firefox. In Edge, they disappear, but will reappear if I move my mouse to the edge of the screen - also very frustrating because I just want to click through the document without struggling to find the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fax Number included in QR Code Generator Business Card Template

When using the QR Generator and Business Card Template you have no option for "Fax Number" Yes people still use these mystical relics and want them as part of their QR so it can populate a V-Card when scanned...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User interface is getting worse and worse

I am still on CS6, because newer versions have been less stable and don't bring any benefits I need. Now I tried InDesign CC 2018 and realize that the contrast of the UI gets worse (dark grey on light grey or vice versa, additionally you cannot distinguish inactive/greyed-out menu topics), that the palettes needs more space on the screen without any reason for doing this and more dialogs/messages are not on the original OS design but in a new style. I suppose this is for tablet usability, but within this app really makes no sense to me. You are moving…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base