When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I am designing a book with message bubbles, wish you had a variety of them in paragraph shading. Perhaps paragraph custom "shapes."

I am designing a book with message bubbles, I so wish you had a variety of them in paragraph shading. Perhaps you could add custom paragraph "shapes."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scale the Find Font Box

Can you make the 'find font' window scaleable please! Across Indesign and Illustrator. It is so annoying to not be able to enlarge the missing fonts box to see all the fonts that are missing at once. Particularly when you have to jump between Suitcase.

If it could also indicate what foundry type of font is missing (Open type or Postscript) etc then that would mean NOT having to guess which type of font needs to open.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Window decorators make moving the window difficult when smaller

When the window is small (eg half of my screen), the window decorators make it very difficult to move the window. In particular, the name of the program ("Adobe InDesign CC 2018") is inactive, but somehow I still can't grab the window there. It gets very frustrating to manage my screen, especially when I need several programs open.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Correct the Distiller code which prevents pdf generation of large InDesign documents

When using InDesign and creating a page layout larger than 200 inches wide, InDesign is unable to distill a press-quality pdf. This issue has been around it seems since 2015. The software code in InDesign's Distiller code needs to be finally fixed. The usage of large banners is growing and the inability to generate pdf the same size as an InDesign document is a defect and bug that needs to be corrected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search bar in Paragraph/Character/Object

Search bar in Paragraph/Character/Object

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change to using ribbons instead of the old style menu bar.

My wish is to see the menu bar replaced with Ribbons and tabs (as in Microsoft Office 2016). It is so much more efficient than using menus.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add these features, please

a) add rubber band for pen tool.
    b) add more shapes.
    c) add some brush tool not much.
    d) ADD MORE INTERACTIVITY FOR PDF.
    f) MORE effect similar illustrator.
    thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Right click a Style Sheet, Find this Style

For years I've been hoping for an option to right click a a specific style to FIND THIS STYLE in the document. Because we all name them differently, I sometimes need to find a Style in the document, rather than click all over the place to hunt it down.

I'm currently working with a manual that I did not create. There are 30 or 40 styles I have to clean up. I love the Select All Unused option, but now I have styles that I know I'm not using and they're still showing as existing somewhere in the document.

Please…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug

Bug with Bullets & Numbering. When creating a numbered list, and selecting "Start at" under Mode, all the items in the list have that number.

For example, if I have 4 items, and want to start at 3, it should be numbered 3, 4, 5, 6... instead all 4 items are numbered with a 3.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Strokes > Content

I have to make sell sheets for work in InDesign semi-regularly, with one column being designated for product images. Having a way for strokes to be rendered over images would be great. Only way I’ve found of circumventing it has been to set the images to the Multiply style so the stroke can show through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. when creating pdf output, please make the crops .5" when bleed isn't specified, right now it saves to a weird measurement

when bleed size isn't specified and crop marks are checked, pdf when exported adds a weird measurement to contain the crop marks. please let it be a standardized .5" -- that way when a pdf shows crops and bleed you can know that the finished size is 1 inch smaller, not have to do math with .389 or whatever. this will also help with print production as trimming in bindery is now mostly digital. the guys can punch in .5" and not have to do math or be fractionally off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve shadows on items from master page.

I have a document with a page number placeholder on the master page b/c I'm making hundreds of Table Number cards for an event. I have a drop shadow on the number on the master page. When I click over to the regular pages, the shadow still shows as the "A" from the master page placeholder, instead of a shadow from the 1, 2, 3, etc from each new page. You have to manually break the link on each page for the shadow to reflect the individual numbers. The whole idea of the master pages is that you shouldn't have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Split Layout view also horizontal

Split view is great. Allowing you to refer to page numbers, whilst checking the contents in the other view for example. But its only in portrait (left and right)

A landscape (top and bottom) view would also be great and most appreciated

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Edit all Export Tags for all INDDs of a book (INDB) in one place

In order to export a book to EPUB, I need all export tags (classes) to be perfectly consistent even if the styles they are assigned to aren’t (and deliberately so, which is why they can’t be simply synced via book sync).

Currently there seems to be no other way than to open “Edit all export tags” from the panel menu in every single INDD of the book (which of course is already a huge progress compared to opening every single paragraph and character style).

Please let us edit the export tags on book level for all INDDs of a book.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. option to disable power zoom

like the titel says: option to disable power zoom. i never use this 'feature' and its very annoying that this power zoom activates when i try to move the workspace with the hand-tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Error in InDesign

There is since several (!) updates an error in InDesign which is really stupid!

If you split the document into two windows (with the button on the right bottom) you should be able having two contents of a document. This worked for years without any problem. Bust since several version this function makes only nonsense!
    We produce a lot of user guides in several languages (usually 3-4, sometimes up to 12 languages). For checking them we open as described the split screen. on the left side we use the main language (for ex. German), on the right side we have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Text Variable "Running Header" to work across indvidual Indesign files within a Indesign Book

"Running Header" working across multiple indesign files within a book would allow a more modular approach to book production: common elements such as headers and footers can changed globally within a book, that shares some of its content i.e. individual indesign files, with another book but whose headers and footers must be different.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)