2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4918 results found

1. select similar

It would be helpful to have a select similar feature for lines and other drawn objects like in illustrator because sometimes I need to change a bunch of things to a different line weight and currently must manually find and change them. I always miss it when I'm working in Indesign instead of Illustrator.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Repeat last action feature

Please, make something like MS Word, that you can repeat your last action just pressing F4. That could save a lot of time.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Separate the 'Merge Consecutive Borders and Shading' option into two

Currently in InDesign CC2019, if you have paragraph styles with the same 'Paragraph Border' and 'Paragraph Shading' settings, these will merge with consecutive paragraphs if the appropriately-named 'Merge Consecutive Borders and Shading with same Settings' options is set.

But what if you want to have consecutive paragraphs with the same border, but different shading, or vice versa? No options allow this.

I suggest that the 'Merge Consecutive Borders and Shading with same Settings' option is split into two; 'Merge Consecutive Borders with same Settings' under 'Paragraph Border', and 'Merge Consecutive Shading with same Settings' under 'Paragraph Shading'.

Having the two…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show Preview whole Indesign Book

When working in an Indesign Book, I can work on individual Indesign documents. But when I need an overview of the whole Book, to check concistency in Lay-out, Design, colours etcetera, I have to export a Pdf everytime when pages are re-designed. That is pretty annoying. I would like to see a Lay-out preview of all pages in a fast way by just "flipping a switch" on or off as if all pages were in one document.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a built in HTML5 Page Curl Effect please

At the moment Indesign still only offers the SWF option to create a page curl effect and with Flash player soon to be no longer supported, and currently it only works intermittently now, it would be very useful to have a built in html5 version. At the moment the only option is to purchase an expensive plugin from In5 to do something I think Indesign should have?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How to Reset Comcast Email Password 1-888-599-2566

Find the simple process to reset your Comcast password. Did you have to lose or forget your Comcast email password then flow those steps to know How to Reset Comcast Email Password? if you have any queries, then call us 1-888-599-2566 any time 24/7. https://www.hitechnumber.org/comcast-email-not-working/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. when adjusting the stroke weight with the up/down arrow, make the selections go from 1 pt, to .75, .5, etc.

right now, if i have a line selected, and use the stroke weight pales to reduce it, if i'm already 1 pt, and click the down arrow, it goes to zero pt. not helpful. it wold be great for it to go to the other increments in the list. i was kind of hoping it would be in the current version, but nah.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Clear/erase "recent file" list.

Untill the new open/splah dialog, the recent file list wasn't a problem.
    It was hidden into the File menù, and was almost impossible to see it.

Now with the new open / splash screen everyone is able to watch the document you opened previously.
    In some occasion this is not that nice, especially if you work for someone and some of them competitors...

It could be useful to introduce an "erase recent document" at the end of the list in the File->Recent file menu.
    As many other softwares has.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to Reset Suddenlink Wifi Password 1-888-599-2566

If your Suddenlink Wifi Password not working then know How to Reset Suddenlink Wifi Password? First of all, Go to the Suddenlink page and press the yellow button to sign your ad-min with the help of the user-name and password. Then Go to the settings page and press the password change button and submit the new password into both new and confirm password fields. Then if you have any queries to change wifi password then call us 1-888-599-2566 our Technical support team helps you any time 24/7. https://www.hitechnumber.org/suddenlink-email-not-working/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Webp files to be used.

I know .webp is a web based format. webp should be a fuctional supported file format in All Adobe products without an aftermarket plugin.

If I am missing how to do this I would appreciate any info that can be provided.

Thanks

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. new button in Layer palette for visibility as in InDesign, also Preferences

On opening a file in InCopy CC19, CC18 and CS6 all layers are visible, no matter if any were set to be invisible in InDesign.
    It would be helpful to have a button within the layer palette to set all layers to (in)visible as given in the InDesign source.
    It would be even better if InCopy had a preferences setting that would allow you to open all documents with the visibility as given in the InDesign source.

This would give InCopy user not only access to all layers, but also to decide whether they want to focus on what the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Distribute Width

I have two frames side by side, but this is relevant to not just frames. I would like to distribute the widths of these two so that they are both equal width but the total combined width is still the same, and they stay positioned as they are. I thought this would be in the align tools but I have tried many different combinations and cannot achieve this. I have used distribute widths in other programs (MS Word) and it saves so much time not having to manually calculate the widths every time and is of course less error prone.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Non printing folder in pages

It would be very helpful if we could have a non printing folder in the pages window. This would allow pages to be switched in or out if multiple options for spreads are being used for a client. It would then be useful to have the ability to select a pages (or pages) and right click - swap pages with ones in the folder.....

kind regards
    rory

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. XML Import URL

Hello,
    it would be nice if there was an invocation of an xml-file by url. It's time for InDesign to look to the future.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PDF Comments in InDesign (Make Icons Smaller or Transparent)

We love the new feature for importing pdf comments into InDesign! The only problem is that the comment icons are so large that I can't see the type underneath to make the edit. I have to delete the comment and then try to remember the edit and figure out exactly where it goes. Could you make the icons smaller or transparent (or perhaps allow us to make these adjustments with "PDF Comments Options")? Thanks!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Equivalent to Ai's 'Hide Edes' to hide selection higlighting

When choosing a color or a font for text, it's very hard to judge the appearance when the selected text is hilighted/inversed.
    A function like Illustrator's 'Hide Edges' (cmd-H) would be of great help, to invisible select text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The A4 size

The size of the A4 pages are not accurate. Normal size is 11.0x8.3 inches. Also since printers don't print all the way to the edge the documents go out of whack to try to adjust. I'm making a theatrical program for a school project and have had to get very creative with my solutions, wasting a lot of paper in the process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. alignment and custom footnotes etc

I would like to see some more feature as described below, so this powerful too will be a step ahead for an Advance Page Layout tool. Here are some of them:

1. Some custom footnotes so can can add daggers and other symbols exactly like MSWord not the current features. This should be like first symbol, then 1, 2, 3 etc.

2. Customizing Text box sequence so it will be more intuitive for numbering figures. Think about I've add 100 of figures numbering text box using numbering features, then at editing page need to rearrange/adding/remove some figures, in this it won't work…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 表格总宽与表头行

表格總寬
    希望在表樣式中增加可固定表格寬度,通過輸入固定數字,實行在同壹個文檔中,所有表格寬度壹致。從Wrod置入的表格寬度不壹,在ID需要壹個個調整,這種重復的勞動讓人枯燥無味。在網絡上,有人寫下了統壹調整表格寬度的腳本,非常實用。但我希望這是ID中應有的功能。
    表頭行
    同表寬度壹樣,表頭行也是需要不斷從壹個表設置到另壹個,重復勞動,枯燥無味。網絡上也有人寫了壹個自動化處理表頭行的腳本,但這個腳本在遇到表格第壹行有合並單元格或第壹行某些列中有多個單元格時,會停止工作。遇到表格只有壹行時,也會停止工作。請在表樣式中增加選項,自動設置表頭行功能。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Glyphs reseting

I use "Find/Change > Glyph" to replace some Bulgarian (BGR)/Russian (RUS) glyphs to Macedonian (MK) ones. But, when I ALT click on a altered paragraph style (with + sign next to it) which contains the MK glyphs -- they are reseted to BGR/RUS glyphs.
    Please, fix it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base