2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4892 results found

1. Chromebook

Hello to the Adobe InDesign Geniuses! I write this with a heavy heart, I have been a mac holdout/Windows Defender when it comes to Adobe products (Photoshop) since the Mid 1990's If I had to guess, 1995 or 1996. I LOVE Adobe Products and have a huge distaste for mac. I am reaching a breaking point with Windows, they are trying to make an OS SOOO much more and constantly causing problems, I just had to re install windows on 5 computers due to the latest update that I have yet to have one Windows tech support expert agree as…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Datamerge export as PDF/VT or other variable print file format (such as VPS)

I use the datamerge function alot to create variable print products such as letters with names and address etc. I also use variable graphivs too. The problem is that when I have an 80,000 run the PDF files and ripping times are getting longer and longer. Ideally I want to be able to export as a PDF/VT file format or a VPS. This will mean that instead of sending the graphics 80,000 times to the RIP of the printer it will instead send the graphic once and the data and graphics are assembled as it prints. There are external plugins…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bring back sync settings

Indesign needs to bring back the Sync Settings feature. Trying to recreate my workspaces and other settings when I get a new computer is such a hassle. Why would Adobe provide a really useful feature like sync settings and then take it away? With all of the resources of Creative Cloud, sync settings should be at the top of the list for Adobe.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Search Function in the Button and Forms Action

In the Button and Forms Action add Search Function for pdf. This would be very helpful for multi page interactive pdfs, eliminating the manual addition of a search button, which gets overwritten after every new export out of InDesign.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to download/print a list of all linked files with their full pathways.

I would like to be able to download/print a list of all linked files with their full pathways. Currently if you highlight all the files on the links panel, then right click, then choose Copy Info, you get a complete list of files, but not the full path.

Having the full path will help me identify when and how the image was created, what category the image falls into, and where the original artwork is located in the warehouse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Image inside workspace moves while corners of the window are dragged. Please provide option to keep contents within window from moving.

Create an option to keep screen image from shifting within the workspace window when the corners of the window are dragged, so that when one resizes the window, the contents stays still. That way, the user won't have to use the hand tool to get back to what they were looking at on the page before they dragged a corner of the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make the Links Panel more efficient/less work to use

Make Links panel more usable by wrapping the information for links. For example, I can't even see most of the file path until I undock the panel and make it wide enough to view. Same with a long file name. Then you have to F around adjusting the **** columns so you can see both file name & file status. Wouldn't it make more sense to have an auto-size feature so info like this is easily viewable? Even wrap text to the next line. Also, why so much space between all the lines of info? It's a ridiculous amount of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 'Paste Attributes' - just like in Premiere Pro

If I have a couple of images placed on a page, if I want to match the attributes (eg. reference point, x offset, width, rotation angle, etc.) of picture B with picture A, I have to either manually remember (or copy) enter each of picture A's number and enter it into picture B's attributes, or use a script such as Equalizer.

It would be fantastic to have something just like Premiere Pro's Paste Attributes. Using this, I could select picture A, do Edit>Copy, then select picture B, do Edit>Paste Attributes... and a dialog box would pop up asking which attributes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support Excel's Strict Open XML Spreadsheet format

InDesign should be able to Place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet (which appears to be a subset of the normal .xlsx workbook format). Currently, attempting to place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet results in a "Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation" error.

A sample Strict Open XML Spreadsheet file is attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reset to base for one single parameter of a paragraph/character/etc. style

I wish there was an easy way to just reset one specific parameter of a style to base ([ignore]).

For example:
    I have paragraph style p2 which is based on p1. I previously overwrote the Font Style of p2 but now I decided to change it back to inherit the Font Style of its base style (p1). It would be nice to have some way to do that only for the Font Style. Not for the Font Family or Size or any other parameter. Maybe by option–, cmd- or right-clicking on the parameter's name...?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be Able To Apply Color to Text And Object Style Definitions and Sort Them By Color

I work with a large number of paragraph, character and object styles. Even though I can order them alphabetically, it's still tedious to find the right style since the panel is so small. Grouping them is another option but I find it just adds another level in the hierarchy and adds to the already crowded assortment of styles.
    It would be nice if I could assign a color to 1 or more style definitions and also be able to Sort By Color.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add an option to hide Text via caracter format setting

Add a checkbox to the character format settings that allows users to hide text. In some situations it is very useful to use grep rules to hide certain text elements. Until now, the color of the font had to be removed and had to set the size to 0.1.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. text reflow

When a document is really long (say 1000 pages) any new page break earlier in the document makes the document slow down as it clunks through the rest of the document. Is there a way to temporarily halt document reflows?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Convert links to resolution

Convert a copy of selected links to 300 dpi (or any chosen resolution).
    Including upscaling or downscaling.
    Alos available on packaging

This would be helpful especially when supplied images are way too big, or some images are fine though a bit low res and need to be upscaled for print.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. QR Code

I think it would be great if the QR codes that are generated can be actually tracked. The number of users, where it was scanned, etc. Basically, Google Analytics but only for QR codes.
    It would make things a great deal easier instead of setting up Google Analytics to track this information.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keep non printing elements visible on screen

A lot of documents I create, are for both printing and onscreen publishing (.pdf). In the .pdf's, I like to add a divider to spreads, to make clear that two pages are show. When setting the 'Non Printing' Attribute for this divider, it dissappears on screen. Maybe ther should be an 'Invisible' check box for that, and a 'Non Printing' option for objects that are visible, but do not print.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Build a better interface between Excel and InDesign

I publish a magazine monthly. Every month I must identify the changes, update the head shots, and the hyperlinks back to the original page. The files all start in Excel, then export to Word, then move to InDesign tables.

If we could bring the updates (Head shots, hyperlinks, and text) into an ID table, this would saves us hours of work every month. That would pay for the CC License.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Save workspaces

I just got a new machine and have no access to my previous saved workspaces. Seems like a pretty basic feature to have, and a timesaving one.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow pasting from left page to right page in master- exactly the same location

Every time I make a new document- my masters can be complex but the left and right side of the same master are a pain to make exactly the same.

So either make copy and paste work better in masters or add a feature that allows left and right sides to be lined up the same.
    I want to be able to set all my parts and then set guides on the left side—
    and then copy them ALL- guides, date, page numbers, doc name and other items to EXACTLY paste in the right hand side.
    Right now Paste In…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes; endnotes to separate chapter

PLEASE add these features to the footnote and endnote functionality of InDesign:
    - Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes throughout the various indd files within a book document
    - Ability to put the endnotes of the different indd files within a book document in a separate .indd file at the end of the book; numbering continuous OR per chapter.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base