1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the conversion feature for simplified Chinese & traditional Chinese

Highly recommended as it can really speed up production for various countries in the Asia area.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spelling & Grammer included in Preflight Report

Would it be possible to enhance the prelight report features to include spelling & grammar checks so you could go through the report with page numbers references instead of having to click through each misspelt word individually .... for long documents this is a real problem as a lot of the instances of acronyms and named places currently get picked up which are not actually misspelt words ...

Currently, this can be achieved with purchase of plugin suite from Mindstream - http://www.mindsteam.com/products/mindsuitepro/index.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Widows and Orphans - Adjustable parameters for "Balance Ragged Lines" feature

Widows and Orphans - Adjustable parameters for "Balance Ragged Lines" feature

I layout brochures for conferences, and being able to adjust all my paragraph styles so that the balance ragged lines feature will allow me to set, if orphan then use 2 words.

Right now i feel as if its balancing them by look and feel, not by actual word count.

i am aware or GREP etc, but could never get it to work properly (Granted i an novice in using them)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show number of occurrences in Find/Change

It would be great if in the Find/Change panel, when you look for something, InDesign tells you the number of occurrences that search appears in the document (in a similar way Microsoft Word does in the Find Panel)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Find/Change options for variables

Currently, you can only search for all variables used. But that's it. There is no way to search for the contents of variables or find a specific variable used.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Footnotes *from different text frames* in *separate text frame*

New footnotes in InDesign 14 does not suite for complex layouts with many text frames and tables on one page.
    There should be also a solution for footnotes collected from different text frames / tables on a page.
    Collected in a separate text frame.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Typographer's Quotes Override

For some users, straight quotes and apostrophes are the bane of our existence. The Use Typographer's Quotes checkbox is in Preferences>Type is (strangely) document-dependent and may switch off if you have a document open that originated on another machine.
    It's rather annoying to have to keep popping back into Preferences. Is there a possibility we could have an option to have it ALWAYS enabled, so that it overrides individual document settings?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow users to add footnotes in table text!!!

Please allow users to add footnotes in table text, I can't believe that this is not poosible. I am formatting a lengthy document for a client and some of the footnotes need to be in table text and they cannot be added without disrupting the flow of footnotes. This is such a basic thing that you should be able to do! Please add it!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Functionality to edit story order for InCopy and ADA reading order

We update documents several times a year and have just started using InCopy. It would be beneficial to have the ability to control the story order to match your layout. This could be utilized to sync the order when viewing in the story editor mode (especially in InCopy) and additional functionality to pair with Acrobat when setting up ADA compatible file reading order which we do on every file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pixel instead of point sizes for type in a web layout

We would like to be able to measure the type size in indesign as pixels rather than points, when we choose a web layout. The same way that the document size is measured in pixels instead of mm. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding the ability to create a new textbox from selected text.

By adding the option to make a text selection its own, new text box, it takes the hassle out of having to switch through tools and reformat copy. With this option, layouts would be a lot easier to fathom when you can break up the text simply by highlighting and creating the new box.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lock text passages e.g. legal texts

We have a lot of texts for legal reasons in our sales brochure. Like somewhere in between. Now we have a workaround to put these texts at the end of a page at the same spot in every brochure but while editing it often happens that e.g. by accident parts of the texts get erased.
    It would be so helpful to lock important parts of the text but keep them in the whole text "fluently" at the same time. It doesnt matter where the text is but it has to be there.
    I hope I described my request clearly enough... …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow character style to affect tab leaders

I applied a tab leader in my paragraph style in order to force dots to appear between my text and page number in my table of contents. However, there is no way to style those leaders. InDesign manual says: To change the font or other formatting of the tab leader, select the tab character in the text frame, and use the Character panel or Type menu to apply formatting.

This is fine except when you have a really long table of contents and want to format each tab leader. I chose a smaller dot by choosing a light font and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right to Left direction

In the previous version, I could simply change the paragraph from LTR to RTL but now I have to uninstall all Adobe applications and delete the preferences so I can change the language in Creative Cloud to English Hebrew or English Arabic. Can this turn back to what it was? It was way easier and more user-friendly. All this work for one paragraph when I could previously do it with a click seems just too much.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New language definition for URLs

URLs are not English, or French . . . they need their own language setting because the rules for breaking them at the end of the line are unique to URLs and do not follow rules for other languages.

Currently we have to use Break and Nobreak character styles and the discretionary line break character to force the URLs to break before the punctuation instead of after it, and to not hyphenate strings of characters.

Adding these codes often messes up the ability to use various scripts or plugins to generate hyperlinks. If InDesign had a URL language, procedures that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Italian hyphenation

In the Italian language activate the automatic hyphenation of the words composed with apostrophe: for example -- dell'acqua -- del-l'acqua

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Highlighting different anchor point of anchored objects to differentiate them from each other

My team uses a lot of anchored objects within tables etc and sometimes it becomes difficult to know which object belongs to which anchor point. Would be great for there to be a way to highlight when you select an object, which anchor point it belongs to. Maybe by changing the colour?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dictionary defined layer overrule paragraph style dictionary for multi language documents

Let the Layer defined as French overrule the used paragraph style. So you don't need the create a copy of the style for another language. The layer carries the dictionary, so UK layer = UK dictionary, FR layer = Fr dictionary. Easy and very smart.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More options for formatting numbered lists

could we have two character styles applied to auto-numbering. One for the generated number and one for extra glyphs inserted in the "number" field in Bullets and Numbering. Or some other way to control the appearance/baseline shift etc. separate from the number itself.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hyperlinks from word

It would be good/wonderful, if the hyperlinks from a word document would import like the endnotes and footnotes. Right now it takes a lot of my time to enter them manually in long documents. When you have approximately 10-15 hyperlinks per page in a 60 pages documents it takes too much times...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base