When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple footnote groups/storys on one story.

It would be very useful if it is possible to have 2 [or more] footnote groups on 1 story.

For example, I have a main text, then there are 2 commentary texts, that both are linked with numbers [like footnotes] to the main text; & they are separately numbered & in separate frames.

Would be amazing!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Highlighting different anchor point of anchored objects to differentiate them from each other

My team uses a lot of anchored objects within tables etc and sometimes it becomes difficult to know which object belongs to which anchor point. Would be great for there to be a way to highlight when you select an object, which anchor point it belongs to. Maybe by changing the colour?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want to be able to search for an empty cell in a table, and able to add the cell icon (square) in a search..

I want to be able search for the cell icon in a table or an empty cell.

Sometimes I have to search for empty cells in tables and replace them with an en dash to show that they are intentionally empty.

When you have over 70 tables in each book it would be really helpful to be able to search for an empty cell.

And sometimes I need to search for characters that appear all over the document but I only want to find the ones in a cell, so being able to specify that icon in a search would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Custom Tagging/Grouping Filter for Fonts

I'm posting this in InDesign, but the implementation may be easier as a Cloud feature so that it would be viable through all the Adobe programs that heavily use font (Photoshop/Illustrator/InCopy/etc.)

I'd love the ability to add custom tags to my fonts that are personalized to my individual account, and the subsequent ability to filter fonts by my tags.

Example: I might tag several fonts that I purchased a license for only a specific client under their name (PrivateCo). I might also tag several different fonts I received from a client to do a marketing campaign for under their name…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring back newly activated fonts

Since updating to Indesign CC 2018, we can no longer use newly activated fonts. I have to restart Indesign after each time I activate a font. Please fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to globally reverse paragraph direction in a multipage document from left to right or right to left..

In a multipage document, a reverse layout option reverses only page layout and not each paragraph of the documents. It would be great if we have a globally reverse paragraph direction in a multipage document from left to right or right to left. This would help in translating left-right paragraph based language into right-left paragraph based languages. Also, it would save a lot of time on the InDesign user to flip each paragraph manually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keyboard shortcut for paragraph spacing before/after

Allow a Keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease paragraph spacing before/after.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Indents without first line indent

Would be great if you could change the indent feature. Right now, if you use the indent function, it also gives the first line an indent. It would be better if you could add an indent in the paragraph style without affecting the first line of the body copy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dictionary defined layer overrule paragraph style dictionary for multi language documents

Let the Layer defined as French overrule the used paragraph style. So you don't need the create a copy of the style for another language. The layer carries the dictionary, so UK layer = UK dictionary, FR layer = Fr dictionary. Easy and very smart.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Overhanging glyphs

Gentlemen, this may be covered already, but it annoys me that when the letter “f” and maybe others appear in a justified paragraph they overhang the right margin. I believe the same may apply to the left margin with a few glyphs in italics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Kerning Issues Between Text and Tabs

A detail about kerning/tracking that seems to have slipped through the cracks: how text and tabs interact with each other in Indesign.

I noticed this while doing fillable forms with underscores. The space after the type wildly varies in distance, and from what I can tell, there is no way to automatically or manually adjust it. I tried switching kerning between manual and optical, with no results. I tried manually adjusting the kerning, which doesn't affect it either. The spacing seems to be related to the length of the text.

A visual example:
    Address____
    ZIP code _____

A future feature…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make editing of hidden Conditional Texts easier

When working on texts with hidden conditional texts in it, I frequently have to do corrections inside the hidden texts either. It would be great, if hidden conditional text would be visible and editable e.g. in the story editor, without changing the visibility in the conditional text panel.

Or make it expandable in the story editor by clicking on the eye symbol ...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow customers to choose a default font when opening new documents.

our organization uses a style guide of fonts that does NOT include Minion Pro. We would like to be able to customize our new documents with our font of choice

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paste Variable text

In Find/Change have an option to paste a variable. I will often search for a word and then need to paste a variable. Currently I have to right-click the results, choose Insert Variable, and then choose the variable.

Do that 10 times when a writer forgets to use a variable, replace all would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Separate text into different boxes in one stroke

We've all been handed a huge text file and asked to create a new document. From the sub par word processing program it came from, we begin the mind numbing process of cut/copy/paste.

You can cut headers, sub headers etc. and paste them into their own text box. But when you have to do it five hundred times, it's awful. And no, reflowable text is not the solution.

What if you could drag a selection around the text you needed to be separate and it would "snap" into it's all new, very own text frame? eh?

pretty please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ignora contorna con testo

Buongiorno, rilevo che quando copio un oggetto da un documento ad un altro (Ctrl+c Ctrl+v) viene persa l'impostazione "ignora contorna con testo".
    Necessito di una soluzione.
    Grazie

Good morning, I notice that when I copy an object from one document to another (Ctrl+c Ctrl+v), the "ignore wrap with text" (https://helpx.adobe.com/it/indesign/using/text-wrap.html) setting is lost.
    Needed a solution.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implement Function "Lock Styles"

It would be very helpful, time and costsaving if there were a function to "lock" e.g. all paragraph-styles. Subsequent all modifications in paragraph-styled-textes are only allowed by using (also locked) text-styles.

In Addition to that it should be possible to lock the complete "CTRL+T" menu in order to avoid any "uncontrolled modifications".

All meanderings/abberations in textes are mostly caused "by mistake" and it takes hours of hours to correct (and proof!) this in documents an big books.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base