2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please support colored fonts

Please support colored fonts as mentioned here: https://www.colorfonts.wtf/
    Especially when making tables with symbols it would speed up work a lot.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Terminology-list

Implement a function to handle a Terminology-List.

Of course - there are several Tools and PlugIns available to manage Terminology. In most cases these Products are not necessary and too big. And the all have two things in common: Price and Handling.

So the easiest way would be if we could have the possibility to manage on flattest way a terminology list (outside the document) by ourselve. In the first step it would be enough to have allowed terms and the banned terms in the list. Via the existing control board it should be possible to markup banned terms and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Glossary

Microsoft Word had a really neat Glossary entry feature which allowed you to store your most commonly used words/phrases, and call them up with a key command. I have dumped Word in favor of using InDesign for all my word processing, since I can have style sheets and do everything else I want inside this wonderful program…except glossary feature. I don't know if that would add too much clutter to InDesign, which I wouldn't like, but if it could be added on, wow, would that be a powerful feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Font stack for missing glyphs

Not every base text font has all the glyphs I sometimes need -- some need only a few math or Greek symbols, others need Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, or even Devanagari. Currently I manually hunt and pick them from the closest alternative, selecting glyphs from a font CLOSE ENOUGH right down to the ever-reliable fallbacks of Times New Roman and Arial Unicode MS. It would help if I could define a custom font stack per "base font": a list of alternatives in a Preferred Order, which would each in turn be scanned for missing glyphs. Kind of (well, exactly like)…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Mini-glyph panel and OpenType adornment in World Ready composer.

Add Mini-glyph panel and OpenType adornment in World Ready composer. There is no raison that we can't use this features on Hebrew or Arabic. For me (and others) OpenType features in Hebrew fobts (glyphs alternates, Justification Alternates, stylic sets, etc...) And for me (and other) are much more needed in Hebrew that in Latin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Font Substitution Preferences

I often have several of the same fonts come up that I'm missing in the documents I'm working on from other people. I think it would be great to be able to have a user preference to define a specific font I have to replace it automatically rather than just a default font.

This could also help with fonts that are technically the same, but one is an open type vs post script version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pair Kerning

There are many occasions where a specific pair of letters do not kern properly, such as ". I would like to be able to select the pair of letters from a particular font that I want kerned throughout an InDesign document, and have them automatically kerned. I don't want to have to apply a style to each instance, or find and replace each instance.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. License official German dictionary (Duden) for InDesign

I would like to see the official German dictionary integrated into InDesign. There's a full blown and powerful spellcheck solution already available, you just need to license it. http://www.epc.de/unsere-loesungen/duden-korrektor-fuer-adobe-indesign-und-incopy

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Trim dimension text variable

Client: “THIS IS THE WRONG SIZE!”

Designer: “But I put the trim dimension text variable in the slug area! Oh, right. There is no trim dimension text variable.”

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. option to start paragraph rule at end of text

Give an option to start a paragraph rule at end of text, possibly with a specified amount of white space between the end of text and the beginning of the rule.

Attached are an example of what I'm wanting, and two shots of the paragraph rule settings I'm currently using to try and accomplish.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More control with paragraph shading

I would like more control over the space insets in the paragraph shading options. When a long paragraph of text flow on to the next page there is no way to control the spacing above (padding) when we're in the middle of the paragraph and "clip to frame" is checked. It is possible to get away with it if the distance from the top-margin and the first baseline is sufficient, but most of the time I want more space. I think it would be better if the text was forced down to the second baseline if necessary. The end goal…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spellcheck only "real" copy.

Add an option in "Check Spelling" to tell it to "ignore automatically generated placeholder text". So that Spellcheck would flag only real copy. I often use both in my documents and it's hard to check a 40-pg document when it keeps stopping at several paragraphs of placeholder text.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Recent Fonts List Modification

Currently, if you have Number of Recent Fonts to Display set to anything but zero (0), recent fonts appear at the font drop down list, but the drop down starts at the top of the fonts list no matter what your current font is.

If I am just wanting the next or previous font in the list from the font I am currently using, I now have to scroll all the way down to that font. When the Number of Recent Fonts to Display is set to zero (0), when the drop down is selected, it is positioned at the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Track changes for anchored stories automatically

When you turn on Track Changes for a story, you have to remember to also click inside any/all anchored stories and turn on Track Changes individually for them as well. I think it's a given that when you're tracking changes to a story, you want to track changes to all "child" stories as well. This should happen by default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Obsessive Compulsive Feature - Text averaging for scaled text boxes

When scaling a text box and contents the final type size ends up with sizes with super detailed decimal places; e.g 12.345pt

arrrrgh!!

Don't you realise that many designers are OCD inclined? Whole size text numbers help us feel good. Please don't ask why.

Suggest a scaling preference that allows users to round-off scaled text to nearest desired text increment, e.g nearest whole number or No of decimal places.

:-)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'd like a feature like the Format Painter in MS Word.

I inherited a ton of files from someone who apparently did not like to set up styles. If an edit comes in, and, for example, I have to add a new subhead, I have to go back and look at all the formatting of the subheads to create a new one, then make all those same choices, since there's no style sheet created. Would be great to just click on one of the existing subheads, click on a format painter icon, and click on the new type for the new type to take on the format of the existing type.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Kerning Editor (with individual margin alignment options)

A Kerning Editor would fit nicely into the kerning feature, which allows to choose between optical, metrical kerning. The user would define his own kerning names.
    The Kerning Editor has a GUI which allows the user to define his own kerning pairs which override the metrical ones defined in the font's kerning tables. There I can load the metrical kerning or the optical kerning as a start for my individual kerning.
    Furthermore the new Kerning Editor has two more tokens/glyphs to kern with: the left and the right margin of a text frame. So the user can define his own…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. live font

you need live font same photoshop and illustrator

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Threading Text

Add an option for threading text that once you've started the process you can just click ANYWHERE in the box to keep threading. It's very difficult to find that tiny red box in the corner when you want to thread 30+ boxes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)