Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Publish Online Effects Not Displaying

I've published my document online, and when I do the image overlay isn't showing. It just shows my color block, but not the image below.

It displays properly in the thumbnail preview though. See attachment for behavior issues.

How do I resolve this?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Publish Online download PDF kills buttons/interactivity

Steps to reproduce: post a Publish Online document, then click to download a PDF.

Expected result: all buttons and interactivity would remain.
    Actual result: all buttons disappear and all interactivity is lost. Occurs in both Chrome and Safari, on desktop and handhelds.
    Using ID 13.1 on Mac High Sierra.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. interactive button

I can't get the interactive button working on Epub preview, Epub export, or publish online. Either to activate an animation or the different appearances.

I've try reinstalling indesign CC 2018, and it till won't work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I am using InDesign CC 2017 on my laptop (windows) but unable to use Publish Online feature.

I am using InDesign CC 2017 on my laptop (windows) but unable to use Publish Online feature. Error #1H appears when I tried to publish a document online.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "You don't have access to Publish Online Dashboard" error

Hello!

I've been using Publish Online to make presentations for clients, and today I got a weird problem:

Every time I try to publish, it says to check my connection (which is fine).
    And when I try to go to Publish Online Dashboard, it says that I don't have access to it, which I should have as I'm paying for Adobe.

Does anyone knows how to fix this? I've seen the problem here on the blog, but I never saw the "How to solve it".

Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Publish Online not available!

On selecting File/Publish Online, a pop-up informs me that "You cannot use this function at this time. Please check your internet connection". Internet is working and I am signed in to CC

Version: InDesign 15.1.3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. publish online

I have used Publish Online many times in the past. I am trying to locate an older document that I published two years ago. When I click on the previous link, I receive a 404 message.

So, I attempted to publish it again directly from InDesign, but the function sent an error unable to complete message.

So, I tried to access the publish dashboard, and then I receive a "You Do Not have access to Publish Online service."

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Develop Publish Online for more than one "owner"

We use your Publish Online function for our white papers, published online on our web. We love a lot about the function BUT there is some important functions we struggle with:

• Only the owner of the PDF can edit in the published version. We have a team of designers and become dependent on one of them.
    • The PDF is not responsive to other devices
    • Statistics can only be viewed/monitored by the owner, often the designer not the functions that necessary needs this insights.

Would love if you can develop these functions futher so we can stay Adobe-based!

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Page Transition - Interactivity Preview

On Indesign CC, I applied simple page transition on 2 pages. However, the transition is not previewing in the EPUB Interactivity Preview. When you go to the next page, it no page transition applies.

So I tried doing it on Indesign CS6, and it shows the page transition.

Can anybody help me with this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Publish online feature not working after deactivating renewal of creative cloud plan

After I deactivated the renewal of my annual plan (long before the date of renewal), I experienced an issue. When I try to publish from InDesign, it says "error #315: this service is unavailable...". On the My Plans section of the website it says I should still have access to this service until my plan expires. I contacted customer support and they basically told me they can't do anything. I assume this is a bug as the website says I do have access to it, but the app wont let me use it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't edit bookmarks

Ver. 14.0.1 - The interactive Bookmarks window doe not allow me to edit an existing bookmark. When I delete the bookmark in InDesign and then create a PDF it continues to exist in the PDF. Why am I unable to edit the bookmark?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Publish Online Dashboard empty

My Publish Online Dashboard doesn't show any of my publications (the section "Document Trends" remains totally empy after I publish or update a document. Though I manage to push the documents online and the share-link URLs do work.

Thx in advance for your concern

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. publish online

Unable to create a URL from the Publish Online button. Does not complete task. Freezes at 98%. I have tried restarting (app and computer both) using a different file extension, etc.

1. Indesign CC 2018 13.1.0 x64 Windows
    2. Click "publish online" from INDD or IDML file
    3. URL from the "publish online" command.
    4. Hangs out at 98% and doesn't produce a URL, but doesn't totally freeze the program. I can still use the program while this happens.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The button malfunction in Indesign CC

The button sometimes function in Epub and sometimes it does not work.

If I restart the software, it works. There is a bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Swipe Gestures not working

'Swipe Gestures to navigate within pages' used to work earlier in both mobile phones and laptops.
    But recently when I tried, Swipe Gestures are not working at all.
    Adobe clearly mentions that publish online supports smooth gesture controls : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/publish-online.html

Please fix this ASAP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. publish online mobile

InDesign 16.4

When i publish a document using 'publish online' it doesn't work correctly on mobile. When you first load it up on mobile the navigation bar at the bottom is there, but if you click anything on the page the navigation bar disappears. This then means you can't navigate through the rest of the brochure.

I've tried this on multiple mobile browsers including Chrome, Edge & Brave and the same happens on each.

This is a major issue for us as a lot of people will want to view this document on mobile.

I've attached a couple of screenshots

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problem with the display of the navigation bar on an Android smartphone and tablet of a document published by publish online

Hi all,

I have a strange situation with a document that I created in InDesign and then published online using "Publish Online". From there I got a link to share.

On the desk, everything is fine. But the problem is with Android devices where the options tab with next page, previous page, download button and others disappears after a few seconds and there is no way to get it back.

It is not possible to navigate between the pages of the document.

This is the bar with the options I am talking about in the attachment.

Is there something that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Publish Online menu inactive after one use

Indesign 16.0.2
    When you go to the menu File/publish online it's works the first time you use it. But, 5 minute later when you want to update your publish online document the menu File/Publish Online option is inactive (grey).
    I must quit Indesign, relaunch it and after that, the menu File/publish online is active.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export to ePub / html removes single characters from class names randomly

On export to ePub and / or html (on Windows 10 64-bit), single characters are removed from class names. This appears to happen randomly (as shown below), but consistently (the same tags will have the same errors after closing and opening the document, after quitting and restarting InDesign, after restarting the computer, and whether exported as ePub or html).

– span class="Colour" becomes span class="Colo r" (set on character style)
    – h4 class="Event-Month" becomes h4 class="E ent-Month" (though h4 class="Event-Date" is OK) (both set on paragraph style)
    – span class="Link" becomes span class="Lin" (set on character style)

These same errors…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I do not have access to publish online

Hi, I've beed publish my file online. But now i cannot access the publish online feature, It says check your network connectivity and in the dashboard also say I cannot access. Please help me to fix this file https://indd.adobe.com/view/cb0a5621-a3f0-40cc-91e7-579a11301261

Im running v 14-0-3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base