Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore video from URL media option

For some unexplained reason the Video from URL option has been removed from InDesign 2020. This needs to be restored ASAP as there are people using this feature.

Moveover, it needs a minor improvement to allow HTTPS links (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/37474690-place-a-video-from-a-url-with-https).

It was a big mistake to not query the community before removing this and it should be a simple thing to restore.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

111 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You do not have access to Publish Online service.

I have been working with publish online services and have spent the past few days publishing some document and everything works.

Suddenly today, I began receiving this error when trying to publish online "You cannot use this feature right now. Please check your network connectivity."

Additionally, when I try to access the publish online dashboard I see this error: "You do not have access to Publish Online service."

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You do not have access to Publish Online service.

I have been working with publish online services for a few months now and have spent the past few days re-publishing the same document trying work out some kinks in the button operations and animation timing.

Suddenly today, I began receiving this error when trying to publish online "You cannot use this feature right now. Please check your network connectivity."

Additionally, when I try to access the publish online dashboard I see this error: "You do not have access to Publish Online service."

I am currently running version 15.0.

Has anyone had this happen before and know what to do?…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. publish online

I have used Publish Online many times in the past. I am trying to locate an older document that I published two years ago. When I click on the previous link, I receive a 404 message.

So, I attempted to publish it again directly from InDesign, but the function sent an error unable to complete message.

So, I tried to access the publish dashboard, and then I receive a "You Do Not have access to Publish Online service."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Publish Online feature has issues when viewed in iOS 13

We are using the "Publish Online" feature inside Adobe Indesign to make some of our content available on our website. We've recently received reports from users with Apple iOS 13 mobile devices that the content is not displaying properly on those types of mobile phones. When the content first opens, if you double tap the page zooms in ok and double tapping again zooms out ok. However, if you try to pinch/zoom, the page blows up very large such that you can only see a couple words and you cannot pinch to get back out. Sometimes double-tapping again takes it…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Problem with Publish online.

Version 13 - very repeatedly happening for the first time today. A previously published link to a document no longer works -- when I click I get a 404 User error saying that the document does not exist. And when I go to "Publish Online" within InDesign I get an error saying that I "cannot use this feature at this time. Check your network connectivity." Repeats even when I shut down and come back into the document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Publish online- Safari issues

Using ID 15.0.3

Using embed code on my protfolio page.

Videos cause rescaling of the page, videos are 1280x720 mp4s and have not been scaled on their pages

Videos also do not play on page load, you must click play on them.

None of these issues are present when using chrome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Publish Online service not working?

Have had this service for a while now. Cant publish online and all links to my files say they dont exist.

Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Animation issue on page load

Hi,
    The issue is in the attached document.
    This problem is there for the CC 2018-2019 & 2020 Versions.
    Not sure why its taking years to fix this. Hope it will be addressed soon.

Best Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Publish Online Mobile Zoom

When I try to zoom in the embedded Publish Online viewer, and I’m on mobile, it zooms too far and then it’s impossible to zoom all the way out again unless I switch pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. publish online

My wifi is working but I keep receiving this error message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. publish

Latest version of ID...

A MP3 file placed into ID with On page load selected in the media panel and placed anywhere in the layers panel, or even alone on a page with no other objects, audio does not play On Page Load when exported to Publish Online, plays fine if you create a button and have that button play the file though.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Buttons

Alignment of buttons - works when vertical, but not when horizontal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Publish Online safari and chrome viewer zoom in

Publish Online 파일을 생성한 후 아이폰에서 열면 safari 나 chrome 에서는 확대를 했다가 다시 축소가 되지 않습니다.
    그런데 Explorer app을 다운 받아서 Explorer로 열면 확대 축소가 잘 됩니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. si è verificato un errore durante il caricamento del documento. Riprovate. Error #39

Ho un problema, quando voglio pubblicare online un file con InDesign appare questo avviso. Ho provato disconnettermi, ho anche provato a disabilitare antivirus, ma il problema persiste.
    Quale può essere il problema?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Windows 15.0.3 broke Book TOC when exporting to EPUB; works in 15.0.2

Windows 10 15.0.3 broke Book TOC when exporting to EPUB; works in 15.0.2

Not only did 15.0.3 eliminate Book > Export to EPUB option of EPUB Version 2.0.1, it changed the Table of Contents to include duplicate entries linking to every PAGE within a chapter. The Book.epub file had a separate .xhtml file for every page in the book, rather than one .xhtml file per chapter and one TOC entry per chapter. This makes the Table of Contents useless.

Reverting InDesign back to 15.0.2 fixes the problem.

Here are the parameters I used to export the EPUB:
    Book Menu : …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No more videos from URL links

Why can't I insert videos via URL link anymore? Why take steps backwards? It was a great feature. VERY disappointed this was removed . PLEASE put this back. Would like interactivity to have all the features it once had

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hyperlinks don't work once published online

I have created an Interactive Road Map with animation, sound and hyperlinks. This was working with InDesign 2018 to 2019 when I first published it. However, I needed to update the road map but then once published online using InDesign 2020 all the hyperlinks and sound stopped working. I've tried going back using older versions of InDesign but those features seem to stop functioning. I've even tried re-inserting the URLs for the hyperlinks.

Check link https://indd.adobe.com/view/29ca9449-525d-49d4-880a-70887721f8a0

The hyperlinks are on the station names and text boxes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base