Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Publish online no longer allows hyphens and dashes in title

Is this a new restriction or a bug. It started after the update to 2021 version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. graphic frame corners not rounding in publish online document

operating system: Catalina (latest update 10.15.5)
    Have generated online published file in both 2019 and 2020 Indesign

To obtain evenly rounded corners on tables in my document I copied the table into a graphic frame and then rounded the corners of the frame. This renders fine when I create a pdf but for some reason when I generate an online publication from indesign one side of the graphic frame edges aren't rounded anymore. The rounding issue only happens with these graphic frames, objects with rounded edges render just fine.

See images for examples of what it should look like and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. private

it can be really usefull to add a feature to pubblish online and make the pubblication private or protected with password

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mystery white hairlines showing up on edges of Published Online Document

I am having an issue with documents published online and viewed in Google Chrome. For some reason there are thin white hairlines showing up on the edge of certain pages that are not in the actual InDesign document. On a couple of pages in my book, I have made the background color the same as the background color that shows up in the browser, but these hairlines are still showing the edge of the page.

Screenshots of the white hairlines attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export to HTML of Tables structure is incorrect

InDesign CC2019+2020

Create a table
    Convert first row to Header row type
    Convert last row to Footer row type
    Export to HTML

you get (simplified)
    <table>
    <thead>
    <td>
    <p>Text</p>
    </td>
    </thead>
    <tfoot>
    <td>
    <p>Text</p>
    </td>
    </foot>
    <tbody>
    <td>
    <p>Text</p>
    </td>
    </tbody>

The HTML spec specifies that tfoot should appear AFTER tbody.
    Also the <td> in <thead> should be <th>.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Master page shadow/effects cause white knockouts when published online

When using the Publish Online feature, effects applied to elements on a master page is causing white knockouts in the online viewer. Further testing showed that having type behind the master page effects appears to make the knockout go away.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Publish online doesn't work after update the 14.0.2x64 versio

After updated the 14.0.2 x 64 versio, the publish online doesn't work.

I was Sign out and Sign in my Adobe Creative Cloud account, but stiil don't work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. it takes forever to get the document analytics then it comes up after 5 -7 minutes with all zeroes. Trying again, it comes up with other #s

it takes forever to get the document analytics then it comes up after 5 -7 minutes with all zeroes. Trying again, it comes up with other #s

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. mapping styles

After assigning a Class in the Para or Character Style definition dialog (in Export Tagging), the Class usually disappears. So when I go to Edit All Export Tags accessed from a flyout in the paragraph, character, or object styles panel, I have to reassign that Class.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sound not working when Publish Online

I'm working on a book to be an epub. The epub version works perfectly (sound/animation), then I had to make another version for the publish online. The problem was, when convert to publish online directly, sound was going on way before it's page, for example, on the first page we were hearing the next 4 pages almost at the same time. I solved this problem by inserting play/pause buttons for the sounds. It was working perfectly fine last week, and now this week, some pages don't play sound at all. But in the epub preview in InDesign, everything is working…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. HTML ads produced in InDesign are exporting distorted and wrong.

HTML ads produced in InDesign are exporting wrong. Fonts distorting, bevel and drop shadow not showing up. Several other elements look wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. overlay panel

Adobe InDesign CC 2017, Mac

I want to do an autoplay slideshow with the overlays panel, but the panel overlaps itself, so it's not possible to click anywhere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Map styles to tags forces image alignment to the left

Consider: an image frame is set inline with paragraph text in a text frame. The image is wider than the width of the text frame, and RIGHT ALIGNED, so that it extends out towards the left of the text frame. When you map styles to tags, the image frame is forced to look left-aligned so that the tag is housed in the text frame. This makes the image now extend TO THE RIGHT of the text frame. PLEASE FIX!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Endnote Links Not Functioning When Published Online

I have a complex document (725 pages across 15 chapters) in which each chapter contains between 75 and 300 endnotes that I imported from the most current version of MS Word into InDesign 2021 (v. 16.4 x64). When I export a chapter as a PDF, everything works reasonably well (although links between in-text endnote numbers and endnote references simply jump between applicable page numbers, rather than to the notes themselves, but I can live with that). But when I publish a chapter or the whole online, only the bookmarks from the InDesign TOC feature work. The links between endnote numbers…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. publish online mobile

InDesign 16.4

When i publish a document using 'publish online' it doesn't work correctly on mobile. When you first load it up on mobile the navigation bar at the bottom is there, but if you click anything on the page the navigation bar disappears. This then means you can't navigate through the rest of the brochure.

I've tried this on multiple mobile browsers including Chrome, Edge & Brave and the same happens on each.

This is a major issue for us as a lot of people will want to view this document on mobile.

I've attached a couple of screenshots

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Avail cash app support to know How to check cash app balance

With effective support from the experts, you can get real-time technical help. If you want to know How to check cash app balance, call the experts through the cash app helpline number. Just connect with the team of Avail cash app support to know How to check cash app balance
    professionals in this problematic situation for reliable solutions.
    https://www.cashappcustomersupport.com/blog/how-to-check-balance-on-cash-app-card/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio / Video file as a button

Unable to convert video or audio file into a button.
    Please include this feature so that we can hide audio or video with a button click.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sound not working in interactive epub

This epub played fine before now nothing that I do makes the sound play. I removed/reimported them but they no longer play in preview or when pubished. These are small free sound effect files like bird songs etc. All royalty free.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Object states button disappears after click

In a multi-state object, the button that activates the MSO disappears after being clicked. No where in the settings have I told it to disappear after being clicked.

Version: I'm running InDesign 16.3.2 (though I downgraded to 16.2 and am still having the problem)
    Steps to reproduce issue:
    I created the MSO using buttons/forms and the object states panel. Close button should revert back to original state (star).
    Expected Result: Button should reappear.
    Actual Result: Button is gone after click.

Video of ePub preview attached.

The problem is both in the ePub preview and when published online.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base