2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4932 results found

1. Add preflight flags for specific paragraph and character styles

The preflight panel is quite powerful and useful. I think it could be improved by adding the ability to flag specific font styles. For example, when working on a document, I use a character style to add highlight to text in need of revision. If the preflight panel could flag the text with that style applied, it would be easier to locate the items needing revision.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. word cloud

implement a word cloud creation tool would be much helpful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. improve pdf comments!

Firstly, kudos on the improved PDF comments. They are much much faster. No comparison. Thank you. It also seems to be working (although not tested much) much better with mixed English and Hebrew.

However, if you look at the attached screenshot, ❶ the comment icon is small and b/w. It would be extremely helpful if this was large and ❷ just like in DC, the comments box wastes tons of space. It would be nice if the text was much larger. This was executed very nicely in Acrobat XI (ruined in DC which nobody can use now). Could you make…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. voice to text

Help us avoid glitches with voice to text directly in InCopy. Yes, we can type into InCopy, but for long documents and articles, all the better with voice to text, to save time, and effort from all the typing. We could read citations right in; read documents in, not have to convert them to Word for Place. Let's get free from Apple/Word conversions and cut/&/pastes, thus the resulting glitches. Wouldn't this doable feature (Apple offers Dictation for free with its package) make Adobe's publishing output even easier and faster to use, and more glitch free from Word? And save us…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can InDesign also implement functions such as "CoolSelection", especially the alignment function

Can InDesign also implement functions such as "CoolSelection", especially the alignment function

https://www.cool-selection.com/index.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pantone libraries for color bridge CMYK formulas do not match the published Pantone formulas.

InDesign team advised Adobe has their own conversion. That's unacceptable. Designers need the confidence that the color libraries are in fact what they are called in CS. Any time a project goes to press and does not meet expectations, a printer can simply say - those colors are not the correct pantones and leave the designer holding the bag. Yes we can manually enter the correct values. But, unless designers experience a project go wrong, they're probably trusting Adobe libraries to be what they're called in CS. Adobe needs to update the libraries, or delete them, or simply call them…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to tint pasteboard ...

Match pasteboard to theme is fine, but it would be helpful to be able to tint the pasteboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This is not so much an idea as a request to go back to the way fonts were previously displayed

If i select a font then change my mind the menu goes back to A, rather than going back to where the font is in the list, so i must scroll through the fonts again before i get back to where I was. I see no advantage to having it any other way. Adding recent fonts ids not of much use. I work in a national newspaper, and everyone complains about this feature. Thanks. Angelo

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dynamic Spelling Additions

Please provide option that highlights assumed words/names versus words that are clearly spelled incorrectly. Please have them appear differently. A highlight for one and a underline for the other

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dynamic Spelling Additions

Hi there,

I've lost sleep over this one. So, I'd like to suggest a feature that would be a little more helpful in the future in regards to fixing erros in a document. Here's the problem. As, it happens regularly.

I am provided a document with many highlighted spelling revisions. In the "DynamicSpellingChange" image dynamic spelling highlights all the families last names in a document. And just underneath Victoria Tseng Paepcke, Helen's Neice is spelled wrong.

This is my human error. As I typed this in after sending a revised proof that was already incorrect because I was in a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SELECT + RELINK of Single Image File in MULTIPLE INSTANCES based on a DEFINED SELECTION of Multiple Links in LINK PANEL!

You can Relink an Image File in the LINKS PANEL in

(A) ALL INSTANCES
    (B) 1 (ONE) INSTANCE

But not MULTIPLE INSTANCES based on a DEFINED SELECTION of Multiple Links. To do so presently requires the NEEDLESS REPETITION of Re-Linking for each instance at great time and expense!

I am sure this is an IMPORTANT NEED for many users workflows.

Please add this feature ASAP!!! Urgent need for us and I am quite sure many many others!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. easier navigation

Can you please make it easier and faster to scroll and zoom? scrolling by clicking and holding the mouse wheel and zooming in and out with the mouse wheel (just like in Revit)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MAKE PACKAGE FEATURE USE ORIGINAL LOCATION AS ITS ROOT.

I would like the PACKAGE feature to default to the ORIGINAL location of the file. Rather than having to hunt around when I chose PACKAGE. I have many projects to package, and often when i choose PACKAGE FILES it will default to some previously-referenced folder—often completely different folder/location. Its a nuisance. Causes issues.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Paste an object on exactly the same place on the page

When I copy a text frame or an image frame or other object like line and paste it on another page, now it pastes randomly, and it takes time to place it where I wanted. In half cases I need to place that object on exactly the same position where it was on the page where I copied it from.

Some of your competitors have this function and it saves a lot of time. How about to implement it in InDesign and your other software as well?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. View Verso/Recto Page as Transparent Overlay

Include within View > Extras an option to turn on a transparent and mirrored overlay of the other side of a given page in a book. Allow for customization of transparency and color. Provides a quick way to check the baseline grid is properly aligned and that there wont be conflict with elements on previous page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Custom Font Categories

I have several types of fonts in my personal collection that would like to group into custom categories for easy access. For example, Retro, Holiday, Customer Name, etc. It would be nice to access them where indicated in the screenshot. " "Favorites" is fine, and "Font Filtering" works too, but would it be possible to have a handful of custom groupings available?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copy/Paste text formatting

It would be nice to be able to copy and paste formatting from/to text like you can copy and paste settings from one photo to the next in Lightroom. This way you would not have to create styles for every formatting choice that repeats.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Text wrapping around image should honor Corner Options

See this forum thread for details: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/wrapping-text-around-a-graphics-frame-with-corner-options/m-p/11776379

There are two issues - a feature request and what I think is actually a bug (related to the workaround for the lacking feature).

The primary question I asked in the forum feels like a bug to me, but I'm told it should be considered a feature request. So I request that in terms of text wrap, graphics frames generated by placing an image would behave the same as graphics frames created by the frame tool. If an image is placed and then Corner Options are applied, text wrap set to Graphics Frame…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Endnotes should have the same renumbering options as footnotes

Footnotes can be set to renumber every SECTION. This is OK, but could be improved (see below).
    However, endnotes can only be set to renumber every STORY. This is a most undesirable limitation, because it requires breaking text threads in order to create new stories. This is destructive design—to limit potential problems it is necessary to wait until layout is completed before breaking threads. Even then, problems can still occur.
    This problem could easily be fixed by allowing endnotes to be renumbered the same ways as footnotes can be—every section.
    Of course, renumbering every section also has a significant limitation—it…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base