2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4927 results found

1. Hidden delete option in "PDF comments"

In the newest update the trash icon disappeared from the "PDF comments" window. Could you please bring it back? Now it's located under three dots, which means I have to click more times to delete the comment. I don't want to use "accept" option because it's better for me to clear the list so I use "delete" instead of "accept". It's important when time matters and I have to make for example 60 changes from PDf comments.

Thank you

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Contact Yahoo Mail Customer Service UK

Yahoo Mail is not just known for sound exchange of mail and quick communication, additionally to provide amazing mail customer support to the clients. Yahoo support phone number UK dependably make sure that Yahoo mail issues get determined justified of way without letting clients to experience any agony of information thrashing or hold up. Visit: https://www.mail-customerservice.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Option to replace a master page that is being deleted with a different master page

When working on long documents, especially while using the book feature, it would be helpful to have the option to replace one master with another. So if I want to delete "Master A", a dialog box would say "Remove Master A and replace with: [list of other master pages to choose from]".

Currently if I want to remove a master page and replace it, I have to go through all 900 of my pages and apply the replacement master.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Layers in InDesing

Hi,

I would be happy if in the future it will be possible to export a document including layers, in PSD format.

Baruch Donenfeld

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to sync text variables via Creative Cloud Libraries

Similar to another suggestion here requesting the ability to import .csv content as variables: it would also be useful to be able to insert a text variable into an InDesign document from an external source such as Creative Cloud Libraries. This would enable a simple central location for variable information (eg prices, product specs etc) that could then be used across multiple documents. Updating the central data would then update all 'linked' variables when an InDesign document is opened, removing the need to manually update and the subsequent risk of human error.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom Columns

When setting up margins and layout it would be great if the user could customize the width of individual columns. For instance I start a new document that's 8.5 x 11 with 2 columns and a gutter that's .25. At some point, either the initial document creation or after, it would be amazing to change the width of one of the columns and in so doing it adjust the width of the other column while keeping the gutter the same. This would help for much more dynamic, asymmetrical and feel visually more organized than simply bringing in rulers. Horizontal rows…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include possibility to switch writing direction for Hebrew and Arabic in all language versions, not just the ME one.

I am using the Swedish version of InDesign CC and sometimes need to be able to write in Hebrew. But the possibility to change writing direction is only available in the Middle Eastern version, which changes all menus and panels into English. I want to be able to keep all menus and panels in Swedish, but still be able to switch writing direction for Hebrew (and Arabic). I suggest that you include this possibility in all language versions, not just the ME one, so that the original local language can still be used in the user interface.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hyperlink in Data Merge

Please, please, please add the hyperlink data field when using Data Merge. Why can we generate a QR code, but not add a simple URL to a box or a text or whatever you want, visibile in an interactive PDF? Please add this function, doing press releases is transforming me into a monkey!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. FORM - COMB, order, styles

Primarily, for me, is the painstaking task of setting "comb of" characters, and even worse setting the right tab order.

Panel for setting tab order in InDesign, under Object>Interactive is horrible. It is too small, height-wise, and does not function well all the time. Often it happens to "jump". I get nr. 47 after 46, but it jumps before 46.

I sometimes have over 70 form fields to sort on a single page and it is taking too much time and patience to set it right.

If you could work on that tab order panel, make it larger, and give…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Find and replace also looks at Layer Names

I use layers for multiple versions and when modifying layer names (as a callout on the appropriate layer) would also like the Search and Replace Function to look at the layer names as well. Example - often same files are used from quarter to quarter and it is necessary to update the date on layer or a particular code included in the layer name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Preference to always select pages when placing multi-page PDF

When placing a multi-page PDF there should be a preference to always show import options. When I place a multi-page Word file I don’t only get the first page, I get the whole document. I should at least have the option to do this with PDFs.

I am aware that I can access Show Import Options when placing a file through a dialogue, but that is an extra step and it is unavailable when using drag-and-drop.

Please add a preference to “Show Import Options When Placing Multi-page Graphic Files.”

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a feature like Figma’s Smart Selection rearrange

When creating catalogs or similar things, it would be great to be able to select multiple items and be able to quickly and automatically switch the order of the groups similar to Figma’s Smart Selection

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make layered PDFs Illustrator compatible

Currently, layers made from PDF exported in InDesign are not preserved when the PDF is opened in Illustrator. Would be real helpful if they were.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ability to choose layers to print in the print dialogue

It would be nice to have the ability to activate/deactivate layers in the print / export dialogue box, especially when printing book-files which contains a lot of documents with language layers. Now I'll have to open all documents one-by-one to switch language before I can print /export the complete book file for that language.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No option to hide the Application Bar in 2020

I noticed in 2020 there is no longer the menu option under the Window menu to hide the Application Bar. I'm not sure why this was removed, for people who don't use it it's just in the way and unnecessary especially when you're trying to use InDesign on a small screen, every inch of screen space counts. Im sure there are people out there that use it, and that's great, I'm sure they find it useful in someway, but we all use the application differently so please allow us the ability to turn it on and off.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Single Page Send for Review

Very excited for the Send for Review feature. We've been using Acrobat to do this, so having it baked into is a game changer. Is there a way to review the document as single pages instead of spreads? It helps our writers and copy editors read easier with single pages. Thank you for your help!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow object style to be added to cc libraries

Allow object styles to be added to CC libraries just like paragraph and character styles. with my paragraph styles panel open all I have to do is select a style and the double square with and arrow icon in the bottom left corner to add to my current selected library. I'm asking to be able to do the same thing with object styles.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pencil tool to hold specific stroke and color

In previous versions of ID i've been able to select the pencil tool (with no document open) and set it to a specific stroke and color and every time I would then click on the pencil tool to draw, it would do so with those specifications. In the latest CC version, that feature seems to be gone and now I draw and THEN have to set a stroke and color, which really slows me down! Tell me I'm not crazy like the pompous people in the forum! :)

When I'm doing a layout and sending images out for color work,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a "relative to document" toggle to scale X and Y percentage

Add a "relative to document" toggle to scale X and Y percentage. So you can see the percentage of an object relative to the document size. This makes for easier scaling from different sizes. For instance if you have the toggle on and want to scale an object to 100% of the document width, just enter 100% and it will fill the complete width.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base