How can we improve InDesign?

Adjust Layout - Off by default please.

Finding the new Adjust Layout in InDesign 2019 a bit of a liability as is turned ON by default.

Can you please add a setting to turn off globally and turn on only when needed? Currently doesn't seem possible.

Thanks

144 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Uadji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that there is no way to disable this feature permanently and that you have to un-check the box every time is maddening. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

• John Mensinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, for some production people, this is an emergency.

OFF BY DEFAULT and a visible toggle in the default UI should take effect via patch ASAP.

• Megan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Its a cool feature, but I rarely use it so it would be more helpful for me to be able to turn it on when I need it. Thank you!

• Brian Cornelius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree please change ASAP. this has been a nightmare and not everyone aware of adjustments being made if a. I love the feature but shouldn't be the default to be set to on.

• Phantom Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Abhinav, why is this taking so long to fix?
        It was a silly modification to begin with, but now it's a major user problem.
        I'm not sure who comes up with these plainly ridiculous updates.
        Can you not release a patch to address this one critical issue in a hurry ?
        It's months now - and still we all sit with the problem. I haven't come across one person who thought this was a good idea.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stupid to have "on" as default option, somebody somewhere will lose their job because of this.

• Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Turn it off by default in all places that you have infected inDesign with it. Thanks.

• Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please uncheck as the default.

Causes issues with multiple users working in our busy studio. Cheers

Adjust Layout being turned on Default has becoming an increasing headache for me as a desigenr. Also within this - Adjust locked objects seems counter intuitive to that function. Locked objects should stay locked, yes?

Please make the default OFF as soon as possible. I'm forced to do work twice when this automatic function happens and should I miss it occuring, I might have to redo entire print runs and lose money and possibly customers.

PLEASE FIX ASAP!

Agree. Useful in some cases, but with many documents it's pain rather than a help.
        Please turn it off by default, or at least let the user specify the default state.

PLEASE do not make this the default. I don't want to have to turn it off EVERY SINGLE FILE. You do not know what I need in my layout--I DO. TURN IT OFF. REAL designers do not want or need this feature--why should this app make arbitrary decisions about my layout? ***** this--when will you start listening to users?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base