176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

The feature is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
    2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
    3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
    4. Click on the program to join the same.
    5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.129) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
    6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.

Please try out the feature and give us your feedback on the Pre-Release forum. If you find issues with this feature, please report bugs.

Adobe InDesign team

2. Option to have list indents work near text-wrap objects

Currently, when text containing bulleted or numbered lists wraps around an object, all indents associated with the list settings are ignored (this might be related to tab settings, since those don't follow the wrap either). The typical workaround is to change the Text After to an en-space and add an "Indent to Here" character, but the en-space trick won't work for numbered lists and "Indent to Here" won't work if the text wrap edge is not perfectly straight vertical. See the attached screenshot for a demonstration based on real work I did yesterday. In order not to disrupt existing layouts,…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

The fix is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.136) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.

Adobe InDesign team

3. Static Endnotes

I need a possibility to turn off the automatic endnote function that appears in InDesign CC 2018. It may be practical for some applications, but it greatly impedes the flexibility of many designs. Can someone tell me if this is possible – the endnotes don't need to be dynamic for my purposes. The way they were imported when placing a Word document in ID CC 2017 was fine.
    Richt now, the only way I know to work around it is to use Peter Kahrel's footnote to endnote script.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

The fix is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.136) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.

Adobe InDesign team

4. When running spellcheck on a document.. I'd like to be able to go back. Like a "back button" instead of just a "skip" forward...

When running spellcheck on a document.. Id like to be able to go back. I click through the spell check pretty fast in the interest of time. Id Like a "back button" instead of just a "skip" forward button or "ignore all" button... Instead of having to go through the entire document to get back to the word i saw that might be misspelled. I'd like to be able to click back to the word then proceed through the remainder of the document.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Check Spelling dialog has a new option to search in Backward direction.
    This is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from the Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.143) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.

Please try out this new feature and let us know your feedback.

Adobe InDesign team

5. Add Endnote Support for InCopy

Please add endnote support for Adobe InCopy. Without it, InCopy sadly is pretty much useless.
    InDesign Footnotes are too inflexible and working with manual Footnotes is not really feasible in larger documents.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tabbing Order when creating a new document

When tabbing on NEW DOCUMENT, the tab order goes from Width - Units - Height. It should go from Width - Height - Units. Illustrator does this correctly, Indesign has them in different (and distracting) order. Consistent between apps would be helpful!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Data Merge to use .csv with semicolon separated text

Currently one has to use tab separated text (.txt) or comma separeted text (.csv). When using the .csv-export from Excel, it generates semicolons as separators, which is helpful because there may be a comma inside a table cell. So it would be helpful to use this text directly in InDesign.
    This might be an issue only in the German version of Excel/InDesign, but it causes a lot of trouble.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

This feature is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

5. You can now download the build (15.0.0.129) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.

Adobe InDesign team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base