When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As an admin I need the visibility of usage of my provisioned licenses.

Admins need to be able to view usage of licenses.
    IE: Last time used and what features are being used by which individuals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to merge swatches when importing from another document

When Importing Swatches from another document produce a dialog similar to when importing Text Styles. I should be able to choose which ones i want to import and be able to decide what to do if there are swatches of the same name. In some cases i would like it to overwrite the swatch on the active document with the swatch that exists on the imported documents swatches.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bonjour J'ai un document d'une centaine de page, sur toutes ces pages j'ai des hyperliens qui pointent sur differentes pages web, dans ces h

J'ai un document d'une centaine de page, sur toutes ces pages j'ai des hyperliens qui pointent sur différentes pages web, dans ces hyperliens j'ai un nombre a 6 chiffres qui est tjs identiques sur tout mes hyperliens, j'aimerais comme quand on utilise la fonction remplacer (ctrl+f) pouvoir remplacer ce nombre de 6 chiffre par un autre nombre sur tout mes hyperliens.

Est il possible de le faire ou de créer cette option?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offer landscape long-edge bound view in pages panel

When designing calendars and long-edge bound landscape documents (such as flip charts), it would a tremendous help to have a setting that shows pages in two-page spreads on top of each other rather than beside each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ogistian A

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2641246?sr=inbox&ru=396988

As per above conversation, This is very helpful to control this, If shadow option available in characters styles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Serait-il possible de faire des filets seulement sur un ou plusieurs cotés d'un bloc texte (comme sur une cellule de tableau) ?

J'ai pouvoir appliquer à un bloc texte un filet de contour seulement sur un ou plusieurs cotés du bloc — un peu comme cela est déjà possible pour sur une cellule de tableau. Merci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Opening items such as swatches in the columns when hovering the mouse over them

Currently I do not know of a way to enable it so that anything you hover the mouse over automatically opens without you having to click on it, i.e the swatches/ colour tabs when in a column. Please let me know if there is otherwise this would be a nice feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the ability to Find/Replace linked images across multiple documents

The ability to Find/Replace links would be helpful, especially across multiple documents.

For example, if I have 20 instances of a.jpg on 10 documents, I would like the ability to be able to find all instances and replace with b.jpg without have to manually go into each document and do it one by one.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flag Adobe fonts in document as "Mandatory: Use TypeKit"

We have multiple versions of fonts available in our environment (Type1, TT, and access to TypeKit) so having the ability to indicate specific fonts as "Mandatory use from Adobe Fonts/Typekit" would be helpful. In essence, the user wouldn't have to manually activate/deactivate to achieve the correct combination of fonts.
    For example, the user may have Proxima Nova family Type 1 active, but the document correctly shows the TypeKit fonts as missing. They then activate their TT family, which also fails. They tend to not think of Typekit as it's not searchable in our font management tool.
    Using the Document Fonts…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Ink Manager panel resizable

Title says it all. Sometimes we have a lot of spotcolors. I would be nice to see them all at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When updating the cross-references in a book, InDesign crashes if it finds an unresolved cross reference

It would be helpful if, instead of crashing, InDesign would just let me know that there's a problem instead of crashing for no apparent reason!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. call the dialog box of each tools with return/enter key

In Illustrator, i can call the dialog box (tool option) of each tools with return key or enter key when I select each tool with short cut keys ,but in Indesign, I need to double click the short cut key every time to call them.
    please Please consider to add the same function in Indesign.
    thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easier moving pages from one document to another

When moving pages to another document InDesign tends to make a new Alternative Layout for these, without asking.
    My documents have the same page size, so please just add the pages,
    or at least give the choice to append the pages or to create an Aternate Layout.
    This new feature breaks old functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. customize number/bullet lists without multiple style sheets

There should be some way to customize bullet and numbering lists without making multiple style sheets and then reapplying those styles to exisiting areas where styles are already applied. This is a crazy amount of work to do something that has to be done fairly regularly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Move objects to a different layer through F/C dialog

Would be nice if F/C dialog allowed moving text (and so forth text frames) to a specific layer. Actually this is only feasible per script. User could deport specific text frames to a specific layer in a easy way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Colour Themes for in-RIP separation

Not sure whether to post this as colours, printing or CC Libraries.... Perhaps all of them...

I print with in-RIP separations to match named colours in InDesign with the printer RIP to always receive accurate colours for comparing to customer colouring scales or calibrating new custom colours with a photo spectrometer. When creating a custom colour theme for a customer, I cannot do this because I cannot give each colour an individual name and as such I need to manually add every colour and rename them as needed.

I want to be able to rename a theme called X with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Options d'enchaînement dans un style de paragraphe débutant en page suivante

Ma requête concerne les styles de paragraphes ayant l'option d'enchaînement débutant en page suivante : si l'en-tête de page comporte plusieurs paragraphes identiques successifs, je souhaiterais que l'option de saut de page ne soit active que sur le premier paragraphe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Convert placed ai to outlines

We get a lot of files with placed .ai art/logos with various color modes/values. It would be great if there was an option (similar to converting text to outlines but for vector art) that would make them editable (as if they'd been copy/pasting from ai, no longer linked) right within indd.

If there is a way/script to do this already, I'd appreciate any info/links for it.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In the 'EPUB export warning(s)' dialog box, make the problem description copyable

Sometimes when exporting a book to EPUB, the 'EPUB export warning(s)' dialog pops up.

The most obvious action for the user is to examine his documents to figure out what went wrong.

But that dialog box is modal. The user must close it before proceeding.

Sure, it would be nice to make that dialog box non-modal, so that the user could look at their documents while having the problem descriptions available.

Lacking that feature, though, you could make it easy to copy the problem text to another app (such as Windows Notepad). You allow the first step: Letting the user…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Edit all export tags" panel: Checkbox to exclude classes in html

When editing an individual paragraph, character or object style, there is a very useful option to turn off the "include classes".

However, in the "Edit all export tags" panel, the option to turn off the "include classes" is absent. The "Edit all export tags" panel is already quite nice, this would be a very useful addition and save time otherwise spent opening and editing styles individually.

I am trying to move away from sending our journal articles to a vendor for conversion and towards exporting html directly from our journal articles with minimal cleanup. This would help me generate cleaner…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base