1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4918 results found

1. Align to page when only one item selected!

I usually have 'Align to Selection' as my default. Wouldn't it be great if when only one item is selected that the align buttons use 'Align to Page'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Paragraph Styles & Character Styles sort by color/label

It would be great to be able to color-label a specific paragraph style from the paragraph styles panel. It helps visually when working with lots of paragraph styles. Also, this applies to character styles as well. Perhaps even the groups within the paragraph styles panel could be color-labeled. This feature is already in Photoshop and even Premiere Pro has a color-label feature so for all of us working in InDesign it is a critical feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lyft background check?

It is an honor to be able to join the Lyft driver community, which sounds like one exciting environment. I am currently in the course of getting through the application steps. As I go through all the steps, I have thought about the thoroughness of Lyft with respect to what it looks for in a background check. While doing some research, I stumbled across this informative article (https://consumerattorneys.com/article/what-does-lyft-look-for-in-a-background-check), shedding light on the subject. I am very sure that your collective wisdom can provide more details.

Just for those of you who have firsthand experience in driving for Lyft…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Align Panel

The Align panel has the options to align to the selection, page, margin, key object and spread. You have to click on the icon to open a drop down and choose which one. There is plenty of empty space. I attached a mockup of the way it is now vs. how it should be. As someone thats constantly aligning things to pages and then selection, quick changing would be greatly appreciated!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PDF to InDesign - Preserve Editing Capabilities

In Illustrator, you have an option for saving to PDF to "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities" so that you can open the file in Illustrator again and have the whole file including the layers, effects, guides, etc. Can we have this for InDesign as well?
    I work with some people that I know use InDesign and export the PDF from there, but don't share the InDesign file so when changes need to be made, it gets a bit more complicated than necessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a text variable window to see and edit values faster

Right now you have to open each variable independently. Then if you want to change the value you have to save and exit each variable. Also you have to open each variable to see the value.

Please create a Text Variable Window with two columns. One for the Name the other for the value. This way we can see the variable and edit the variable. Add the add icon, and add duplicate variable icon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More options when resizing a layout

If I need to resize a page/layout using Document Setup, ideally for me, all of the existing content would remain at the top of the page, so a new, taller page size would add more space at the bottom, or if I wish to shorten a page, empty white space would be removed from the bottom. InDesign 19.2 centers all content vertically on the new page size, which I can't imagine anyone would ever want, forcing the unnecessary step of moving everything back to the top of the new page. You could add a Photoshop-style grid icon to show where…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Footnote starting feature

I have a suggestion
    I would like to see an option to restart footnote numbering. An option to number footnotes according to paragraph style would be good.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create (H) Header and (P) Paragraph style on same line to produce a TOC and 508 Accessible document (Run-in Running variable))

Create (H) Header and (P) Paragraph style on same line that will pickup the styles when I produce the TOC and make the document accessible.

I understand this can be done in FrameMaker.

If a programmer can make it happen in FrameMaker, they should be able to make it work in InDesign.

Thank You, Linda

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Possibility to control Superscript/Subscript, i.e., 40% if >XX font size, 65% if<XX font size

In "Advanced Type" (in settings) I can control Superscript, subscript and Small Caps. Many fonts has got a gigantic and ugly ® (registered trademark) and needs to be shrunk. Sadly, that shrinks the ® in normal body copy too much. It would be great if I could have options in Advanced Type to control it more.
    E.g., 40% size and 65% baseline if bigger than 36 pt font size, and some other setting for anything smaller than that size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Larger thumbnails in the Page Pallet

I would like to see the thumbnails in the InDesign Page Pallet larger so that components of the page are easily recognizable. Currently the Jumbo thumbnail size is not sufficient. Perhaps a slider feature similar to 'View Options' in Apple Finder?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Right Click on object -> Move/Copy it to any Layer

Sometimes when you want to move or copy an object from one layer to another, it can become a bit cumbersome if you're working with a lot of layers and those layers themselves have a lot of files.

So my suggestion is to add a menu shortcut when you right click on any object to move that object to any available layer.

See crude example below.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Quick Key for increaseing space between paragraphs.

A quick key for increasing space between paragraphs would make it quicker to explore and establish paragraph styles. It would be great if there were quick keys to adjust the spacing around the first and last line too, but the space between paragraphs seems more important, personally speaking.

How about Command + Option + Shift + up/down Arrow Keys so it's similar to the quick key to increase/decrease leading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a shortcut after a program update

When InDesign (or any other Adobe app is updated), I have to find the old shortcuts, delete them, hunt for the new program version and manually create a new shortcut and pin it to the taskbar. Is there a way to automate this or make it easier? Can it be done in CC?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Zoom when clicking on errors in the Preflight window

One thing has been bothering me for a long time in Indesign. I am working on a document and activate my print control in the Preflight window, if I then find errors, e.g. under "Text", I simply click on the underlined number of the page on the right and am then taken to where the error is. Unfortunately, it is always set to my 1:1 zoom, so if I want to investigate the error more closely, I have to zoom in manually or with my zoom-shortcut. If I click on the page again at the next error, I end up…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Control When to Update Graphic Links

This is sort of already here, but my suggestion is more specific: Currently, graphic links are updated when a document opens. When a link is changed, it automatically updates with a document – but only the first time. After that, we need to click update in the links panel, which is a little onerous when I'm updating links often. It would save a lot of clicks if we could specify in the preferences to ALWAYS update links without asking (or not). So, it would be great to have two settings:
    • update links automatically, always, without asking
    • update links…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Eyedropper function to swatch options

Add eyedropper functionality to Swatch Options so that I can quickly sample a colour from anywhere on my screen to change an existing colour (similar to photoshop colour picker).

I am in the process of updating a calendar which has numerous elements coloured by month name on each page - the client has given me an image of 12 swatches to change each month colour and an eyedropper would make this much easier...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add hyperlink to each table cell in document that contains text using a specific paragraph style

Hello, I would like, in Indesign, to have a script to apply a hyperlink to each table cell that contains text using a specific paragraph style.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "Repeat last action" feature, as is done in Word by pressing the F4 key

Let's say I perform some action with some object. For example, I change the cell fill, or paragraph keep options, or page size, or anything else. I want to be able to go to another place in the document (or in another document), select another object and press the shortcut to repeat the same action with it.
    MS Word and Powerpoint can do so and it's very convenient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Preflight Profile for Accessibility

Add options to run accessibility checks in InDesign. Acrobat already has the ability to run an accessibility check. It would be so helpful to be able to run a preflight check for issues (e.g., alt text, table headers) before exporting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base